Rian's POV

As the Moon Rises...

 

I've been spending time with Shinwoo these past few weeks. It's like I'm telling myself to stop thinking of Vlad, because I was angry... And I don't know why. I mean, he's just a stranger that always comes to my room at night, sneaking to watch me as I sleep. Why was I so disappointed knowing that he already had a girlfriend?

"Here Rian, have some corn." Shinwoo said, giving me the bowl full of kernels.

"Gomawo." I smiled and picked a kernel, popping it in my mouth afterwards. Somehow, Shinwoo's a great friend, and I feel like I'm neglecting him because I was always inside the house, thinking that Vlad would suddenly come in broad daylight instead of just sneaking in at night.

He told me about his annihilation skills, and the weapons he used for killing vampires. He said he once killed a vampire, about the same age as me. I have to say, I shuddered when he said that. It's not like I believe that vampires don't exist, but it's not like I believe they exist either. Something tells me that there was someone near... someone that resembles like a vampire, in my mind....

I've known everything about Shinwoo, from his birth date to his interests, but why don't I feel happy when I'm with him? All I ever thought of was Vlad, and the only thing I know is he's cold, he's sneaky, and he has a girlfriend.

I remembered how he always came after I was out of the hospital. He'd still come every night, but I either tell him to go away, or I pretended to sleep early. Sometimes when I'm at school, I feel his presence, lingering around me, as if he's watching over me, but I ignore it, for it was a figment of my imagination, and it was impossible for him to care for me.

Somehow, he seems like a great big issue to me. Sometimes I demand why he protected me, why he always visits, but he plays with my feelings, and suddenly he has a girlfriend that I don't know about. It occurred to me that I think I may be falling in love with him, but I brushed the thought out of my mind. I don't even know him, how can I feel such a way?

Days, weeks, months passed. He never came, he never made a sound, I never felt his presence. It's as if I never knew him. I feel sad, and depressed, and all those other things that I don't need to feel. I felt heartbroken....

It was the month of September, 3 months after I met Vlad... and after he stopped coming. We went to a nearby hospital. My mother said my eyes need to be checked, because for these past few days when I open my eyes in the morning, I see vague images of people, circling me, and whispering things like "pyongeun..." or something....

"It's nothing, really Mrs. Kang. She must've thought she was already awake. It might be because she was dreaming of something. But overall, her eyes are fine, and she's healthy." I heard the doctor said.

After that we went home, and I rested. I woke up at around 9:00 pm, and heard footsteps in my room. Thinking it was mom, I shrugged it off, and lied on the bed with my eyes open. But I hear a loud huffing on my right ear, it doesn't sound human at all.

"Who's there?" the unknown being seemed to have gasped after hearing me speak. I then heard it chuckle. It was... the same low voice, from before, who attacked me.

"What are you!" I shouted. I shouted for many things. That maybe my parents would hear me screaming in fear, or maybe just Shinwoo... And I wished... I wished Vlad could hear me, and he could save me again. But no one heard, no one approached.... I was panicking so much, and I felt that the monster was slowly coming toward me.

I backed away slowly, and in the process I fell from my bed with a loud thud, but still, no one heard, and no one dared to save me. I backed away once more, until I felt my back touched the wall. Oh no. It's the need of the room. I shut my eyes, and hoped that for once I could see who this monster was.

I slowly opened them, and I found myself staring into a monster. I can see! But what I'm seeing is not very good!

hellhound.jpg

 

With that, I screamed in terror.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Suddenly, I heard the window crashed. Too afraid to even look, I still shut my eyes, and think that if I do die here tonight, I now know one thing.

These kinds of creatures are real... So there might be a possibility that vampires are real.

I felt someone shaking me. I opened my eyes, and came face to face with a man, with piercing eyes, and a worried look on his face.

"Rian? Rian gwaechanayo?" he kept shaking me. What in the world is happening? Why can I see?

"V- Vlad?" I touched his cheek that was cold as eyes, to know if he was really in front of me, or he was just a figment of my imagination.

"Yes, this is me... Are you okay?" It was him... It was really him. He exactly looks like what I had imagined him to be. He... was so pale, and cold, and so... handsome.

"You're.... so pretty." I suddenly said without thinking. I could see he got surprised.

"You.... you can see now?" he asked. I nodded ferociously, I want him to know that I like what I'm seeing right now.

He seemed to have a worried look on his face, which baffled me.

"Mema!" he suddenly shouted. Why aren't my family members hearing this?

"Did my parents saw you?" I asked. He did not respond, but I could see he was looking at my wall clock, which was above my bed. I looked at it... and it seemed odd. Why isn't it working? Is it broken?

"I stopped the time." he said defeated. I was surprised.

"Are you bonkers? How can you do that?" I smiled. I knew it. Everything was a joke, and Vlad's also one of my neighbors. I shall ask Shinwoo about this in the morning.

Suddenly, a girl, which came from the broken window showed up at Vlad's back.

"What?" she said panting. I heard that voice before. She's... Vlad's girlfriend?

I couldn't understand what they were saying, it was some kind of latin language. I then saw the girl slowly coming toward me, and she whispered something... Something that she did a couple of months ago too....

"Somnum puer, somnus et non evigilabit donec dicitur."

----

"Waaah!" I screamed as I get up from my bed. What happened? I remembered that I was already able to see yesterday. I even saw Vlad's face... But... why am I blind again?

The door suddenly opened.

"Rian! What happened?" mother asked frantically. I felt her dab a tissue on my sweaty forehead. Was that just a dream?

"I think I had a nightmare." I said. But it was nowhere near a nightmare. I saw, an animal, a vicious, scary animal, but I also saw Vlad's face. He was a beauty.

"Are you okay with coming to school today?"

"Yeah, I think so...."

After breakfast, dad drove me to GSFTB. I went inside and they were gossiping about Goi.

"Did you know she's hospitalized again today? I heard she broke her ribs." one of my classmates said.

"What happened to her?" I asked.

"Well apparently, witnesses told me that they saw her shape shift and turned into a big big dog... and then she ran somewhere... But I guess they were just rumors. I think some drunken men were trying to kidnap her and she tried to escape."

At that same moment, I shivered. After what she said about Goi shape shifting into a big big dog, I suddenly got curious. What if she was the one who was always attacking me? She was injured badly when I was first attacked, and last night I got attacked again, and now she's severely damaged. Was it just pure coincidence, or should I believe what Shinwoo was saying to me all this time?

And worse.... what is... Vlad exactly? How did he protect me last night? Is he not... human?

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hellhound picture from devilsquadops.webs.com. Sleep spell from http://www.spellsofmagic.com (I was thinking of whether that spell was true or not...)