Mema's POV

As the Moon Rises...

 

I was annoyed as to why Vlad was always away these past few days. He's always here before, ignoring me, but nonetheless here. So it made me wonder why he was always away. What was that important matter that he always goes to?

"Kris, follow Vlad, and report to me where he's been going." I ordered one of the vampires. (A/N: See what I did there again?)

Kris bowed and ran to the direction where Vlad had been. I still wasn't convinced that I asked him to follow Vlad, so I sneaked out and followed Kris too. He was surprised.

"Gongju, you shouldn't be leaving the cave. The king will be mad." he said.

"It's okay. I just wanted to know what Vlad has been up to these past few days."

I rode on Kris' back, for he was faster than me, and we followed Vlad all the way to the human world. I saw him jumping on a window of a hospital. Who could he have been visiting?

I told Kris to fly near the window. As he slowly went up, I peeped and saw that he was talking to a girl. A human girl, and I saw him kissed her on the forehead just as she was about to sleep. Rage instantly took over me. I may look angelic and good, but I give my enemies excruciating pain when I'm angry.

"Gongju, look here." Kris said as he peeps on the room just beside the one Vlad is staying in. I slowly looked on the other way and saw....

"Goi... mul?" I asked. I jumped to her room and she gasps in horror.

"What are you doing here?! Vlad sent you here to kill me?!" she asked frantically as I observed her slowly transforming into a hellhound. She charged and Kris and I showed our fangs and slayed her. I looked at her and she crumbled to the ground in pain, shouting and panting. Vlad must have heard the commotion for he suddenly busted through the door.

"Gongju? What are you doing here?" he asked dumbfounded.

"What? You didn't ask her to kill me Vlad?" Goimul asked. 

"Well, if that's their task, then I'd gladly join into killing you." Vlad replied as he slowly showed his fangs. Terrified, Goimul jumped through the window and escaped.

"Gongju, what are you doing here? And you too Kris?" Vlad asked expressionless.

"Gongju asked me to-" Kris started, but I cut him off.

"I felt Goimul's presence so I asked Kris to accompany me and kill her." I lied. I can never let Vlad know that I know his secret.

"Why are you here Vlad?" Kris asked, who I think was siding with me.

Vlad did not answer his question and flew outside. We followed him and went back to the cave.

The next day, Kumori approached me.

"Mema, do you perhaps know why Vlad is always MIA these days?" he asked.

"He's protecting someone." I said thoughtless.

"What?" Kumori gasped. I went back to my senses.

"Aniya, I mean, he's exploring Gangwon...."

"He's been here for how many years, why is it only now that he's done these things? I shall ask someone to guard him."

"No, don't."

"What? Why?"

"He... deserves some privacy. I'll take care of this." I said. I shall go to the girl myself.

The next night I flew inside the girl's hospital room.

"Vlad! Oh, I thought you were never gonna come." she said, smiling. So, she knows him already.

"I'm not Vlad." I said.

"Huh? Who's there? Where did you come from?" she asked. I checked her face, and as I moved closer I could see she was trying to find where I was.

"You're blind?" I asked. She seemed to get surprised at what I said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude...." I said.

"Ani, it's okay." And she's korean too. She doesn't seem to look like one though.

"Who are you? Can you be my friend?" she asked once again. I guess she likes to trust people easily. One minute she's surprised, the next minute she wants to be friends with me.

"You should avoid Vlad, you know." I said. I won't be Miss good girl anymore. I want to protect Vlad, especially now that he broke a vampire code.

"What? Why? And how did you know about Vlad?"

"I'm his lover.... So you should stop talking to him from now on, and even if he comes here, ignore him. You don't know what kind of creatures we are little girl.... So you need to be careful..."

She seemed disappointed after I told her that Vlad and I were lovers.

"Vlad... and you... what are you exactly?" she asked.

I smirked. Such a naive girl. I slowly went near her ear and whispered something. After that, she fell asleep.

I left and ran out.

----

Vlad has been devastated these past few weeks. He goes out all happy and content but then comes back angry and untouchable. I decided to confront him.

"Waegure Vlad?"

Don't touch me. Don't talk to me!" he pushed me away, away from the vampires who were surprised at what he did.

"What was that?! Follow him!" Kumori shouted. Kris, Chen and Xiumin got up and started running. I followed too. (A/N: see what- okay you got it.)

When I arrived I saw Kris and Chen holding a screaming Vlad.

"Get a away from me! Cheorigaaaaaaaa!" he shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Andwae! Did you see what you did?! You disrespected the gongju!" Xiumin screamed as he punched Vlad right at the gut. I stopped them from fighting.

"Geumanhae!" I screamed. Everyone turned to me except Vlad, who was trying to get out of Kris' and Chen's grip.

"What's happening to you Vlad?" I was crying now. Kris, Chen and Xiumin bowed. "Why is that girl so important to you that you get crazily angry at me?!"

Vlad's expression turned from anger to shock. He glared at me and managed to get out of Kris' and Chen's grip. Then he held my neck.

"What did you do to Rian?" he asked. "WHAT DID YOU DO THAT MADE HER HATE ME!!!!!!!"

"I told her you're my lover!" I screamed. "Isn't it the truth? You're going to like me in the future, I can feel it! So stop chasing over a human Vlad!"

He hoisted me up, still clutching on my neck. Kris and the others were panicking now.

"Don't.... make me mad." he said. That's when I saw something. His eyeballs changed from black to red. Deep red.

"The strongest vampire... Is Vlad?" I said in my mind. He's the one who is tasked to find the human who bears the Pyongeun blood....

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I did a lot of "see what I did there?". Sorry. So who's this human who bears the pyongeun blood? Find out soon.