Rian's POV

As the Moon Rises...

 

Vlad and I are always seeing each other now, unlike before that I don't really know when he will be visiting. Before he goes, he always tells me if he can go the next day or not. Well, we don't keep secrets from each other anymore, unlike before. He always holds my hand and hugs me, but I wouldn't say we are dating, I mean, I'm too young for those things...

 

Also, since the day Vlad kissed me, I'm starting to feel weird things. Like I am always too strong, too fast, or too weak at times. My mom said it was probably because of the changing weather, while my dad says it's probably because of puberty. But, I don't know. I mean, I can even carry the bed without ease sometimes, when I offer mom for help in cleaning my room.

 

"Are you sure you're not one of us?" It's what Vlad always asks, with a chuckle afterwards. Sometimes, I feel like maybe, just maybe, I am not normal too. Or maybe because of the fact that I kissed Vlad? Oh I don't know, my head aches when I think of it.

 

Also, I noticed that whenever Vlad arrives, I can see, unlike before that I came only see when I'm in danger. It's weird, but this blind thing is something I don't wanna say to Vlad. He might freak out or something.

 

Today was pretty special, because he promised he'd bring me somewhere magical. I don't know where, so I just got on his back and we flew from tree to tree, just like ninjas of Naruto.

 

Since I could see when I'm with Vlad, I managed to observe the beauty of the sky with silence. Just looking at it, it makes me feel like I'm really flying by myself, and not riding on Vlad's back.

 

"Here we are" he said when we landed. I got down and looked at the beauty around me. There were fireflies all over the place, it looked like floating stars all around us.

 

"I know you can't see what there is here right now, but try to imagine the most beautiful place you can think of, arasseo?" he said while smiling.

 

Well, you are wrong there Vlad, for I can see everything bright and clear.

 

I suddenly felt a cold thing on my neck, and without me knowing, Vlad slipped in a necklace, on the shape of an angel.

 

"You will always be my angel." he whispered afterwards. He then put a mirror on my face. That's when I got to see what I looked like.

 

I never really thought of what I would look like whenever I can see. All I think about was spending time with Vlad. I looked so.... beautiful...

 

"Why are you crying?" Vlad suddenly showed up in front of me and wiped my tears away. I hugged him tight. he stiffened.

 

"Gomawo." I said. I felt him putting his arms around me too, and we stayed like that for about a couple of seconds before Vlad released me from his hug.

 

"Can you... see me right now?" he asked. I don't want to lie, so I nodded, although I really don't want him to know about the weird things happening to me right now.

 

His eyebrows furrowed.

 

"Why? Are you mad?" I asked frightened. He shook his head no.

 

"It's just that... I mean, I don't want to think this way, but... could it be possible... that you're a half blood?"

 

"Half... blood?"

 

"You know, half vampire, half human."

 

"If I was like that then I would crave over blood, which I am not."

 

"Well, maybe it's showing right now, since you're growing up."

 

Maybe... I got scared. I don't know... if I really wanna be one of them or not.

 

"Don't worry, it's just my theory. You can't possibly be a half blood. It's either you're a half blood, or you're the pyong...." he stopped speaking.

 

"Pyong?"

 

I sensed that he was worried.

 

"Why? What's a pyong?" Pyong?

 

"Aniya. Go home now, I need to ask something to the King."

 

"King? You guys have a king? Cool."

 

"Aish, stop being a baby. I'll take you home. And I don't know if I'll be coming tomorrow, so just wait okay?"

 

I nodded and we flew back to my room. Before he went out, he kissed me in the forehead. I sensed that he was troubled. What's it with being a pyong?

 

----

 

Vlad hasn't been showing up for 4 consecutive days. I wonder what's it with that Pyong thing. Is he still worried about it?

 

"Hi Rian." I heard Shinwoo greeted.

 

"Hi Shinwoo!" I tried to find where he is. I felt him hold my hand, and he sat next to me. I withdrew it immediately.

 

"Why? What's wrong with holding hands with my friend?"

 

"A- Ani. So, what's up?"

 

"What's up? Have you forgotten what's gonna happen tomorrow?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Duh! It's the Pyongeun Festival tomorrow. I'm so excited since they said there's gonna be a big feast afterwards, with A Class Beef as one of the dishes!"

 

"All you think about is food Shinwoo. I wonder if you look like a fat, curly haired man!" I laughed as I imagined him with a big belly, curly hair, and an unshaved face.

 

"Yah! I'm more handsome than that! I'm sure if you can see me you'd fall in love with me." 

 

Well, I would... except the fact that I found someone my liking. I blushed when I see Vlad's face in my mind.

 

"Yah! Why are you blushing? Falling for me already?" he joked. I tried to find his face, and then I lightly smacked it.

 

"In your dreams Shinwoo!" I laughed.

 

Yeah… I forgot about the Pyongeun Festival… Wait… Pyong….

 

My eyes widened.

 

“What’s wrong?” Shinwoo asked.

 

“Nothing…. I gotta go…"

 

I fast walked with my walking stick and walked until I felt some trees and long grass. Somehow I feel like I know where I need to go when I need Vlad.

"Rian? What are you doing here?" I heard Vlad. He came near me and hugged me. Immediately, my blindness is gone.

"Vlad, about the pyong thing.... Do you vampires have an involvement with the festival that's happening tomorrow?"

He did not respond so I shook him harder.

"Answer me Vlad!"

"Yes!" he shouted. Then he relaxed. "Yes, with that Festival, we can determine who's the Pyongeun Blood, the person with the blood that could save us all."

"So you think... I may be a Pyongeun Blood? If I am then it's okay..."

"No! It's not okay!"

"Why?"

"Because.... you need to..."

"You're going to find the Pyongeun Blood again?" someone said from behind. I turned and saw Kumori, the guy that wants to drink my blood last time.

"You! Why are you doing this?!?" he charged on Vlad and held his neck.

"Stop!" I screamed. But he ignored me.

"Who told you to find the Pyongeun Blood? You think just because you're the Gojuja you can find that person?! I told you we don't need to get involved with that! Because we need humans! WE NEED THEIR BLOOD!"

What's it with the Pyongeun Blood that Kumori hates it?!

I pushed him off of Vlad, and I pushed him really really far. I got surprised at what I did, even Kumori and Vlad got surprised.

"How... How did you do that?" Kumori asked. He ran near me and was about to choke me, but I got fast reflexes and I did it to him first. This was more surprising since I wasn't even doing anything. As if my body is moving by its own.

"Rian, stop this. You might kill Kumori." Vlad said. But I didn't stop. I noticed my hold on his throat got harder and harder.

"Rian stop!" Vlad screamed. I tried stopping with my willpower and I dropped him to the ground, his throat ripped. He ran away quickly.

"Rian, what happened?" Vlad ran to me.

"I.... I don't know..." I dropped to the ground crying. I couldn't take it. What is really happening?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm confused on this chapter too. lol, sorry, I got operated on my right foot last wednesday (here in my country) and I was refrained to walk so much, so I wasn't able to concentrate on writing. (lol. but I got a new fic. nice try author. -___-)