Rian's POV

As the Moon Rises...

 

The moment I got home I asked Shinwoo about neighbors.

"Do we have another neighbor named Vlad?" I asked him. I thought about why I haven't done this sooner.

"Aniya... Actually, There are only about 9 or 10 houses in this village. This part seems kind of way way farther from civilization... and other villages are very very far from here. But don't worry, some people come here every November 26th."

"What? Why?" Now this is confusing. Could Vlad be coming all the way from the other village? But... as what Shinwoo said, it was pretty pretty far.... Could he be  going to my house full of difficulty? And what's with the November 26 event?

"Oh, It was a celebration of Pyongeun Blood. I don't know about that, but all I know it has something to do with immortal beings and humans. But, I don't know if it has something to do with vampires. I mean, the villagers wouldn't even believe me when I told them about my vampire encounter."

Pyongeun? That sounds... familiar... Majayo! my dreams! Vague images of persons circling me, whispering those words...

"Pyongeun..." Whenever I think of it, my hairs stand to an end.

"Who is this Vlad anyway? How did you met him?"

If I tell him about my secret encounters with Vlad at night, he might tell it to my parents. I... can't imagine not feeling and talking with Vlad again.

"I, uh... just asked." I lied.

"Oh okay... Hey, are you... busy or something? I mean, I just want to invite you somewhere... later...."

"Oh, uh... sure. What time?"

"Around 8 PM?"

"Oh...."

"Why?"

I was afraid that Vlad might come later, and I might not be able to see him.... Oh whatever, Shinwoo's still a friend.

"Okay, see you later."

----

Mom was putting some hair pins on me when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." mom said and went out of my room. A few seconds later, I heard a knock.

"Come in." I said.

"Wow, Rian... you look... Angelic." It was Shinwoo.

"Oh, really? I can't really tell what I look like... Can you describe it for me?"

"Oh, you're wearing a cute layered skirt and a shiny tank top, and your hair is in fishtail braids, and... you're very pretty."

I blushed at his comment. I felt him held my hand and he guided me in going down the stairs.

"Now Shinwoo, be sure to get her back early okay? I'm scared about those rumors about big dogs hunting in the night. Be careful." mom said. How did she know about the big dogs?

"Yes Mrs. Kang. Kalkke...."

He guided me once more outside, and we walked until I heard a faint sound of rushing water.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"We're in a river. I always come here to relax. The sound of the flowing water soothes me." he said. I listened and it's true. It was refreshing.

We were sitting down on the patch of grass for a few minutes, all silent and just feeling each other's presence, when I suddenly felt Shinwoo holding my hand tightly.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Oh shoot, I didn't bring the arrow..." I heard him mutter.

"Arrow? What-"

Before I could continue speaking, I heard some hisses and loud grunting. Is the big black dog here again? I didn't know what was happening.

"What do you want!" I heard Shinwoo screamed. He pushed me at his back and I got scared from all the ruckus.

"You're.... friend right here... I need her." I heard the man speak. It didn't sound like the big dog. It sounded more human, only without the grunting sounds.

"What makes you think I'll let you drink her blood! You'll have to go through me!" Oh my god. Are vampires attacking us? I shut my eyes, afraid of everything that's happening.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" I heard Shinwoo screamed. The moment I opened my eyes, I could see again. Why is this only happening when I'm in trouble?

I saw the face of the attacker. He had brownish hair, he was tall and well built and he had fangs sticking out of his mouth, and blood dripped down it. I saw that he scratched Shinwoo a little bit. I wanted to attack but I was frozen in place.

"Shinwoo!" I went near him, but he seemed unconscious. The vampire saw me, and I was face to face with him.

"Now, little girl... You're next..." he smirked and started coming closer slowly. I got scared and ran through the forest, not minding if I was lost. I just wanna escape the vicious vampire that is threaten to kill me.

At one point on running I fell down when I tripped on a rock. I looked over to my knee and it had a large gaping wound. But then the vampire appeared in front of me.

"You think I wouldn't catch up on you? Stupid! I'm a vampire!" he attacked me, but I managed to avoid his attack and ran away again. After some time I felt that I was losing breath and I'm about to collapse soon. I stopped and hid behind a tree to catch my breath, but he still appeared in front of me.

"I can smell you. Besides, you're in my territory, you think I wouldn't know where humans like you escape from? Now, to taste that blood of yours...."

he slowly approached me, and I closed my eyes tightly, ready to be devoured. I now confirm many things. Big dogs and vampires exist, Gangwon is a really mysterious and scary place, Shinwoo wasn't insane about what he said about vampires, and I'm about to die tonight, without my parents knowing....

"Get away from her Kumori!" I suddenly heard a familiar voice, and I opened my eyes, just in time to see what was happening. It was Vlad, he pushed the vampire off of me and fought with it,

"No Vlad stop! You can get killed!" I shouted.

He didn't seem to hear me for he continued punching and kicking the vampire. What I saw next shocked the life out of me.

Was this the reason why he can come inside my room every night? Why he can defeat big dogs so easily? Was he the one that inflicted pain on Goi during my very first attack?

I saw sharp and big fangs slowly start to appear on Vlad's mouth, and I saw him biting the other vampire on the leg. It screamed and bit Vlad on the arm.

The biting continued, along with a little punching and kicking, and before I know it, the other vampire was gone. Vlad slowly approached me, all weak and pale. He collapse near me, and I grabbed his body near me, shaking him.

"Vlad wake up!"

"You... saw everything... right?" he asked weakly. I was crying now, and nodding eagerly.

"This isn't the time to question you and your real self. I have to get you aided!"

"But you're hurt too..." he said. I then saw him inhale slowly. I checked and saw the gaping wound on my knee, afraid that Vlad would attack me because of the blood.

"Don't worry, I'm not breathing.... I won't... kill you. I'd never do such a thing...." he said.

"Stop speaking! You'll get weaker!" I shouted, tears still uncontrollably flowing down my cheeks. a tear drop fell on his cool icy face. He slowly reached for my face, and I backed away slowly.

He still continued reaching and he wiped the tears away.

"Don't... cry... I won't die.... I'm dead already..."

"What do you need for you to get stronger?" I asked.

"Bl.....Bl...."

"What?"

"Blood...."

I gasped. But... I can't just leave him here! I positioned my arm near his face.

"Here, drink mine."

"Andwae! Are you... argh..." he cringed in pain, and I cried harder.

"Are you crazy?" he continued. He stood up and carried me with one swift move. I tried to break free.

"Yah! Don't overwork yourself Vlad! Put me down!" he ignored me and ran through the forest. He then stopped and picked an unconcious Shinwoo up easily too and ran again. I was dead worried of Vlad that I forgot about Shinwoo.

When we reached the village he climbed inside Shinwoo's room and put him slowly to bed, but not before aiding his wounds first. I volunteered to help. After that he placed me on his back again and we flew inside my room.

He slowly laced me on my bed and aided my knee. After a while, when it was all done, as he was preparing to climb out the window he collapsed with a loud thud.

"Vlad!" I screamed. I worried that my parents would have heard that sound, but thankfully, I looked at the wall clock and it wasn't moving. I looked at the clouds and it wasn't moving either. So it means it was true that he can control time.

I held him and placed him on my bed. He seemed weak, and I don't care if the night would be long hours ahead, I just wanted to take care of Vlad for now....

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Another boring chapter. Please don't hate the forever lazy author.... TT T If there are misspelled words, message me below. :)