Chapter Two

This Isn't An Affair


Jiyong would rather devote his time to making music than to spend time with a girl, which often gets him into trouble.

"Eun Mi..."

Jiyong listens to the silence on the other line, leaning his ear closer into his phone's receiver. He sighs and coos her name.

"Eun Mi, I love you. Please..."

The phone clicks. She hung up on him.

Jiyong curses and digs the phone into his hoodie's jacket, then tugs on his cap to shield his face from the embarrassment as if anyone actually heard him. The sun is setting and its still a pleasant October day in downtown Seoul. The workday has ended for most people, but it has just started for Jiyong. He has an hour to kill before he has to be at the studio with the other BIGBANG members, but he decides to get there early anyway. Maybe he can vent out his frustrations into a new song that's slowly eating away at him. He wants to scream and write profane lyrics over a soft-humming melody. He just wants to mess something up.

She wants me at the wrong times (I'm busy)
Love is inconvenient (Go away)
We're spiraling down again (I'm fed up)
Into this bottomless pit(Go away)


Jiyong folds his hands against his forehead and leans over his desk with closed eyes. He takes in the chaos he just created, a short chorus, and replays it a few times. Familiar hands drape over Jiyong's shoulders. The hour to himself in the studio has already passed.

"Eun Mi again, huh?"

Jiyong sighs. Maknae's voice has gotten lower.

"How was Haneul?"

"We're okay. She's stressing about the new office job. We set up a date for Sunday. Mid-afternoon. There shouldn't be any problems, right?"

Jiyong relaxes as Seungri's fingers massage the tense muscles between Jiyong's neck and shoulders. He laughs lightly; it sounds like the maknae is actually asking for his permission.

"You know our schedule inside and out, Seungriyah. You know its fine."

Seungri nods to himself.

"Jiyong-hyung. If you're mad..You know..."

"I know."

Seungri pulls up a chair by Jiyong and stares at the sad eyes fixated on his computer screen. The maknae wants Jiyong to release whatever he has on his mind-its sure to be about Eun Mi, but that's okay. Sometimes expression through music or art just doesn't cut it. Sometimes Jiyong needs more than that, but Jiyong is rather quiet. Everything with the elder comes with a feeling or a touch rather than a lengthy confession.

"She'll call when she's ready, Jiyong."

The leader only continues to stare at the unfinished typed-up lyrics on the screen. Seungri grabs a wrist and manages to get his hyung to remove his hands from his forehead.

Their eyes meet and they lean into each other like it's perfectly normal. They find each other's lips and mold together.

Jiyong can kind of taste the lip gloss on Seungri's mouth leftover from Haneul, so his hands hesitate for a moment before they wrap into the back of Seungri's shaved head. Its rather prickly, which Jiyong hasn't quite grown used to yet. Seungri keeps his hands around his hyung's wrists. Their lips come together and part a few times before Jiyong runs out of air and pulls back.

A few minutes later, the band meets up in the studio and Jiyong pushes away the dangerous thoughts into a dark, hidden corner of his mind. His personal lyrics gets stowed away in a locked file and he goes about his business.

Later that night, while staying awake in his bed waiting for a call back from Eun Mi, Jiyong thinks of asking Seungri what brand of lip gloss Seungri's girlfriend uses.