Chapter Fourteen

This Isn't An Affair

Jiyong sleeps off his hangover on the day after his party and calls up Seungri that night once he's awake and sober again. His head still hurts, but Seungri is more important.

"So...what happened? The last thing I remember is seeing you with a...photographer?"

Seungri sighs into the phone receiver and explains.

"Haneul hired him. I had told her that I was going to be at your party before I left from a date earlier but I never expected her to..."

"So she went behind your back?"

"Well, yeah. She's been suspicious. She knows."

"...Oh."

"You kissed me right in front of the camera."

"Damn."

"And then you passed out."

Jiyong groans.

"Haneul deleted the pictures. She showed me. It was on a private file only for her."

Jiyong is silent on the other line for a while until he composes himself.

"Ugh. Seungri, are you mad at her for...Do you think she betrayed you?"

Seungri lets out a shaky breath.

"I'm still hurt, yeah. But I understand. She was bound to find out eventually."

"So...you're okay? You've forgiven each other?"

"Yeah. We talked it out..."

"And?"

Seungri runs his fingers through his short hair. He doesn't want to tell Jiyong, not like this.

"Could I come over tonight?"

"Whoa, did something big happen? Of course you're welcome. Hyung is here for you," says Jiyong half-teasingly.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for burdening you."

"No, you're never a burden! I'll always be there for you, okay?"

Seungri hopes Jiyong can heal his heart, even if just a little.

------------------------------

The hung-over elder still looks pale when Seungri enters Jiyong's apartment. Its just as well that Seungri came to visit-Jiyong never quite takes care of himself. Seungri smiles at him. Jiyong waves him off and tells him he's fine.

"You lie just as bad as I do," Seungri snickers.

Jiyong wrinkles his nose, squints his eyes and pouts out his lips. How can an almost thirty-year-old get away with this?

"I ate a lot. I'm fine. Now sit."

Seungri takes up the empty spot on the edge of Jiyong's bed. Apparently Jiyong has been in his bedroom all day except for when he went to the kitchen to eat the food Youngbae made him. The best friend left long ago.

"I'm not sick. Come closer," Jiyong teases.

Seungri leans back and Jiyong pulls him towards him from behind, making him lay beside him. The elder is warm.

"Okay, tell me what happened."

Seungri closes his eyes and enjoys the softness of the blankets.

"Hyung, did it hurt...when you proposed?"

"Oh, my throat hurt like hell. I was so sick, haha."

"That's not what I meant."

Jiyong reaches out a hand to pat Seungri's head and smiles sadly.

"Yah, you really aren't Maknae anymore, are you?"

Seungri doesn't mind being pet, just this once.

"Congratulations," Jiyong whispers as Seungri's eyes start to tear up.

"Did Eun Mi ever question us, Jiyong?"

"I'm sort of a special case? She knows I sort of treat everyone with skinship," he laughs. "But yeah, she asked. She knows."

"Did you have to lie too?"

Jiyong nods and cups Seungri's face.

"Its okay Seungriyah. Everything will be alright."

"I love you both, you know?"

"I know. Its okay," Jiyong repeats, smiling gently.

They find each other's lips and mold together. Its not a fight for dominance; they kiss sweetly on equal terms. In between the little gasps for air, Seungri wraps his fingers through the back of Jiyong's hair while the elder pulls him closer. They're gentle with each other, fully aware that they're both a little broken.

Its okay. They're still Nyongtory, unbreakable.

----------------------------------

A/N: next chapter will probably be the last~