Chapter Three

This Isn't An Affair

Throughout the years, k-pop only gets more flashy. Jiyong doesn't even laugh when he sees the concepts. After all, he writes and produces some of the songs for these  new boy groups himself. He even helps out with the visuals. Jiyong has never lost his creativity, although it is true that he doesn't wear as much eyeliner anymore, nor does he stain his locks bright colors. Its okay though. He's still Jiyong.

As he busies himself with producing, he's at least able to forget the other things for awhile. He can take his mind off Seungri and Eun Mi. He can focus on the love he has for music and he how music loves him back.

And, of course, at these times when Jiyong is busiest is when Eun Mi calls him.

"Jiyong. I'm in front of the YG entrance. Could I come in?"

Jiyong holds a hand over his phone's reciever to cover his sigh. He waves off to an employee passing by the office to open the secured doors for her and sighs again when he stares at the unfinished lyrics on his desk. He'll have to put them away to talk.
 
A minute later, a guardsman comes by the office to her to him. She clears and Jiyong swivels his chair around to face her.

Eun Mi is beautiful, but then again all of Jiyong's girlfriends have been beautiful. She's a few inches shorter than him, the perfect size, and her smile is contagious. She has warm, chestnut hair, flowing a little past he shoulders in small wavy layers with a side-parting in the front. Her cheeks are pink and her lips are small and kissable. She likes to keep her clothes simple and practical and even gets stubborn about it when Jiyong tries to buy her something over-the-top. She's not a celebrity, so she isn't overly-thin or noticeably voluptuious. She's not exactly plain; she's just beautiful in the way that everyone Jiyong dates is beautiful.

"You look good. I've missed you," Jiyong tells her with adoring eyes. He tries to block out the annoyance of leaving a song unfinished, but he'll surely lose her if he snaps.

Eun Mi pulls up a chair beside Jiyong's desk and wraps her arms around his shoulders. She puts her head to his chest and Jiyong in a breath like its his last. She's angry. He knows she is. She hung up on him earlier.

"I tried calling you during my lunch break two days ago, but you didn't pick up..."

She keeps her face hidden into his chest.

"I assumed you were busy, so its okay, but..."

She lifts her head up to look at Jiyong. Her eyes waver back and forth across his face,  searching his eyes, and he responds with wrapping his arms behind the small of her back.

"I saw something..."

This isn't what Jiyong was expecting. He thought she was mad that it took him so long to call her back, or that he hadn't left her a message.

"What did you see?"

She looks away, looking over at the closed door of his office.

"You and Seungri...I just don't understand. They way you look at each other..."

Where was Jiyong two days ago? The man tries to recall going out in public with Seungri.

Oh. The day before they went to the cafe together? They stopped by a small kimbap store before work. Jiyong remembers that much.

"I was on my lunch break and decided to go to that little place that sells kimbap that you've taken to me before. You know the one I'm talking about, right?"

"Of course."

She sighs, and some of her waves fall in front of her face. Jiyong tucks the pieces behind her ear and waits for her to continue.

"I don't know. You tell me about the members all the time...but you two were just at a table in the back of the store...holding hands over the table..."

Jiyong waits for the inevitable.

"Are you...and him...?"

She'll never understand.

Seungri. Jiyong has always been pulled to Seungri like a magnet. Well, okay. Fine, he sort of hated him at first because he was young and cocky and inexperienced.

But then they just sort of clicked together. Seungri is different. Seungri is the maknae. Seungri is the entertainer, the comedian. But Seungri is also Jiyong's rock. Somehow Seungri knows Jiyong the best. Somehow Seungri always gets under Jiyong's skin and fits there and he sees everything.

So Jiyong can only chuckle and pretend like she has the wrong idea. He can only grab her by the waist and pull her closer to him in his chair. He can only kiss her sweetly and show her he loves her in a different way than he loves Seungri.

Eun Mi is confused at first, but Jiyong always has the right touches. She melts into him and accepts his kisses.

Jiyong reaches his hands up to cup her face and she lets him. The sweetness turns to passion and she lets herself forget. The anger slips away.

Seungri, meanwhile, also lets himself forget when he makes his way back home after chatting with the YG guardsman outside. Eun Mi is there, and Seunri feels stupid for asking.