Chapter Eight

This Isn't An Affair

When it comes to loyalty, no one makes a better example of loyalty than Seungri. Its something about Seungri that Jiyong absolutely respects. Seungri has always "taken one for the team" as they say. He plays the maknae role well, does what he's told, and is always finding ways to better himself and the other members to make the perfect BIGBANG.

Jiyong has talked about this with Seungri's mother, as a matter of fact. Jiyong's parents and Seungri's parents are quite close. The pair's fathers still go out golfing every once in a while and the moms still chat and gossip about their sons.

Jiyong remembers visiting Seungri's mother's house on a July afternoon while Seungri is still on his military leave. He misses Seungri and simply wants to stop by and check in on the lovely family. The mother welcomes him openly of course and offers him some of her delicious cooking as they catch up.

"Ah, yes. He misses us too. We just received a new letter from him yesterday. He boasts too much. Apparently the training officers are treating him well, hm?"

Jiyong laughs.

"He's probably following their strict orders no matter how absurd. Always loyal."

The woman nods and smiles.

"He's mentioned you a few times too, Jiyong. He seems loyal to you as well."

Jiyong grins and his heart flutters.

"He takes great care of me and the others. He probably does boast too much, but he has his reasons for boasting."

There's an understanding in the mother's wise eyes and Seungri looks so much like her. Her hugs and smiles are equally as warm as Seungri's and Jiyong will never forget. He'll never forget Seungri and he'll never forget the enrapturing warmth that makes up a family.

"That ring represents loyalty to her and-"

"I know."

It hurts to say it. It hurts to see the first tear roll down Seungri's cheek. It hurts to breathe.

Jiyong sets the ring down on the glass side table by his couch. The clacking sound of metal against glass makes the reality hit harder. For both of them.

"Seungriyah," Jiyong whispers. "You'll stay loyal, right? You won't leave me, right?"

"Isn't that what you want? You want me to separate from you, don't you?"

Jiyong is caught off guard. Seungri continues.

"We can't be Nyongtory anymore, right? You want us to grow up and move on. I thought you understood..."

Seungri fists a chunk of the quilt over him and he finds his voice again, even as his throat continues to burn.

"I thought you understood who we are, Jiyong. Yes, I'm going to stay loyal. I'm not leaving. So you better understand that this means your attempts at peeling us off are futile. I'm not going anywhere and Eun Mi will just have to deal with it. Even if you love her."

"I love her," Jiyong declares undoubtedly.

"Good, but you love me too."

Jiyong nods.

"I do. I love you."

"Then I'm loyal, and you'll just have to deal with not being loyal to her."

Jiyong looks pained, torn between two un-fixable situations. This is a battle between two different types of love, both equally as strong.

They're both at a loss for words as they understand.

Music sounds like a better choice at the moment to Jiyong. The next day, Jiyong stays cooped up in his apartment writing and composing and not giving a damn about anything else. He runs away from it all and keeps himself hidden there inside his head for three weeks. He calls no one. The ring stays there on that side table by his couch.

Jiyong just loses himself to music and cries. He almost goes insane, but suddenly something clicks in his head and he's ready to step outside again. Its that warm day in October that Jiyong is thinking of again.