Chapter Seven

This Isn't An Affair

Somehow Seungri thinks that Jiyong will always be there. Jiyong has always stayed constant in his life, even when BIGBANG was on hiatus. They're close, even too close. Not even distance seems to phase them. As they go about doing solo activities in different countries, even then they stay connected.

Jiyong is more than a friend, more than a lover. He's a piece of Seungri, permanently attached to him. They mold together and fit perfectly under each other's skin. Years go by and they just know. They see expressions and know the words that accompany them. They hear the other's voice and already know how to respond. And, of course, they feel. The touches and tingles on their skin are endless.

Thinking back to that sad look in Jiyong's eyes on that late Sunday night in the studio, Seungri realizes the answer to his own question.

"Just in case there's ever an end to us. I have to be prepared."

Seungri has never doubted, but it seems Jiyong doubts. They're glued together, yet Jiyong thinks that he's peeling off.

Perhaps there's been some sort of advancement on Jiyong's relationship with Eun Mi. The last time they talked, Jiyong had admitted that Eun Mi was suspicious of Seungri.

She doesn't understand, Jiyong tells him. Not to worry. We're okay.

But again, there's a sadness in Jiyong's eyes and Seungri doesn't like it.

Seungri shouldn't feel jealous. Seungri shouldn't feel selfish. Jiyong is the possessive one, not Seungri.

But somehow the roles are reversing and Seungri is going back in time.

Seungri knows its stupid, but he treats Eun Mi like a rival, a competitor. Its childish, but he wants to know if Eun Mi sees Jiyong in the same light that Seungri does. Suddenly its like Seungri is trying to win his place in BIGBANG again as the maknae, as Jiyong's favorite.

Its so, so stupid.

They're stuck. The adhesive is strong; you can bend them a little backwards and a little forwards, but it recoils back inwards and they're still there.

If Jiyong thinks he can dilute the strength of his connection with Seungri by adding Eun Mi, then he's a fool. But Seungri is a fool too.

Two months later, Jiyong tries to pull away again. He just loves challenges. Its hard work, but something has to give. Jiyong has to remember that rather warm day in October.

Seungri gets a call from Jiyong on a Wednesday evening in December and is told to stop by his apartment. There's a sort of shakiness to the elder's voice that puts Seungri on edge and he knows this is something important.

Its December 19th, exactly a week after Seungri's 27th birthday. Jiyong let's Seungri sit on his couch with him under a warm quilt and they drink hot tea while a stereo plays out Jiyong's favorite songs from his iPod. Its so warm and comfortable and Seungri very much enjoys the feeling of belonging to someone.

Jiyong fumbles his arms around from under the blanket, digging through his pockets. Seungri eyes him curiously and Jiyong finds what he wants and lifts his arms back over the quilt to display his findings.

In the palm of the elder's hand is a golden band. A ring.

Seungri doesn't realize he's holding his breath until he looks back up to see Jiyong's worried expression. He remembers to breathe again but it burns his throat.

"Well..My parents are all for it, of course. Umm.."

Jiyong plays with the ring in his fingers, and its sort of like Jiyong is having a hard time breathing too.

"But really your opinion matters most to me, so.."

Seungri's throat still burns, but he has to talk.

"Jiyong. I'm happy for you. Truly. But you know..I really don't think the oath of marriage is going to separate us. I mean, that ring represents loyalty to her and-"

"I know."

Its too warm now. Seungri is burning. He tries to keep his breathing quiet, but his throat hurts and he chokes down a sob.

---------------

A/N: lol I'm torturing gri again. XD don't worry, fluff is still my favorite, haha. Not ending it anytime soon. I promise I'll try not to hurt gri too much. >_<