Chapter Six

This Isn't An Affair

Seungri has had quite a few changing points in his life. After being given a second chance to redeem himself, Seungri becomes the fifth member of BIGBANG. After Jiyong writes him Strong Baby, his image changes. After becoming of legal age, he gets drunk for the first time. After spending close to a year in Japan by himself, he feels more independent than he ever has before. After finishing his military service, he realizes that perhaps none of these moments really matter. Whether he dies today or tomorrow, or how he chooses to view himself changes, what does it mean in the end?

Back when Seungri learns how to load a gun and witness the realities of blood and dirt and sweat and fatique, he realizes only a few things become important to him: food, rest, a dry shelter, and the people he loves.

When he returns home, he visits his family first, of course. Two days later he devotes most of his time with Haneul. After a week of catching up with her, he finally wills himself to see Jiyong.

The reason it takes Seungri so long to meet up with Jiyong is because this is when Eun Mi entered his life.

Seungri wonders how Jiyong and Eun Mi met. To be honest, Seungri has never asked. He's afraid of hearing Jiyong say it was because it took Seungri too long to return to him and he was bored. He's also scared of hearing Jiyong say it was because he needed to start growing up. So Seungri will never ask.

Truthfully, even if Seungri asked, Jiyong still wouldn't answer, precisely because the two of them should both already know. Its time to grow up. Nyongtory is the past. Its childish.

But the problem is that neither really wants to grow up in that sense. Nyongtory can't be so easily broken in their eyes. Even as the fans stop using the childish term, Jiyong and Seungri still like to pick up those thrown-out shards. They ignore those around them and pick up those fragments with their bare hands. Even as their palms bleed, they grin at each other like kids and see nothing wrong with it.

Jiyong and Seungri, like all men, like to hold on to their reckless youth. The women in their lives, meanwhile, have already cleared out the dolls and toys from their closets and are ready to become working women and valued wives.

------------

Seungri awakes at six in the morning from a text. Haneul greets him a good morning and tells him she's on her way to work, and Seungri quickly replies back to her with a supportive message. The maknae makes sure to carefully peel himself from Jiyong's limp embrace as he sleeps. Once Seungri has his two feet on the ground and is free from Jiyong's sight, he leaves the studio and makes his way back to the locker rooms of the YG building.

Seungri needs to take a shower and try to erase the dream..no, nightmare, from his mind. The nightmare seems too much like reality and he doesn't like the abrupt ending.

A woman in the dream digs her shadowy fingers into Seungri's arms and whispers insults into his ear like how she hopes he dies alone. She pushes against him and somehow the ground below him sinks in and he's falling down into a dark abyss with no one to catch him.

He wakes up with a sleeping Jiyong breathing into Seungri's ear. The arms wrapped around Seungri remind him of the rude woman's touches and he shivers.

The warm shower helps, but Seungri still hears the disturbed whispers.

Why did her voice have to remind him of Haneul?