Chapter 6

Better Together

 

9 years were enough time to save many memorable moments. Unfortunately, it also included the bad ones. The last ones Kyuhyun wished he could somehow erase, just the mere thought of that traumatic experience would give him shivers. Oh no. It wasn’t because he suffered some kind of abuse or because Ryeowook left and never contacted again. He admitted to have a small crush on his best friend, but ever since the boy disappeared it was pretty much pointless keeping those feelings.


Kyuhyun waited for exactly one year to receive contact from his supposedly best friend, but it was obvious his patience would end one day. All hopes were lost afterwards, life had to move on. The only thing left was for him to cherish those silly moments he spend with his friends, maybe regret a little bit for not revealing his own feelings – how could he? He was only 8 years old back then.


At the peak of his 12 years, the boys of his class started with one of their retarded jokes: all of them had to kiss a girl if given an opportunity. If they did not accomplish such a simple task, they would be entitled as gay. It was immature, but at their age, most of the boys were indeed lacking in that aspect. No wonder girls liked older guys better. Obviously Kyuhyun should be considered as gay by the mere fact of liking Ryeowook before, but he would never dare admitting such a thing only to embarrass himself. What was the use of revealing such a personal thing to those retarded boys?


Unfortunately, Kyuhyun was doomed from the very start by that agreement, since he had looks and brains girls were easily swoon by him. To worsen that, the first girl that approached him wasn’t erm… one of the best out there, to not be rude. Describing her features for Kyuhyun was very similar to… a dragon? She had a rough skin with some red spots, a nose that was big enough to steal all the oxygen around them and large eyes that dreamily stared at him – was she like that because puberty hit her soon? It was very… tragic. Really, Kyuhyun wasn’t being evil when thinking this: he simply did not fancy her.


Kyuhyun tried escaping from his fate, he actually even begged so the boys would have mercy on him. For God’s sake! It was his first kiss! couldn’t he lose it with someone prettier at least? “Are you afraid of her? Or maybe you are… gay?” one of his classmates ended that sentence wearing a mischievous smile that made Kyuhyun’s blood to start boiling immediately. He had a pride and a reputation to defend, thus the little sacrifice.


Now he was entangled in a very complicated situation while facing the dragon faced girl. Her creepy smile made Kyuhyun horrified for a short moment, but he was able to contain his distaste towards the entire situation. The girl leaned for the desired kiss. Well, it was desired for her at least. His eyes watched her lips nervously, what was he supposed to do? Close his eyes? Open his mouth? Amidst the confusion Kyuhyun decided to do both, hoping a miracle would happen so he wouldn’t have to kiss her.


Too late. Her lips were already placed on his – much to Kyuhyun’s horror. Although reluctant, he tried to find something pleasurable on that, since this memory would be engraved in his mind forever, considering it was his first kiss. Suddenly, he felt something strange in his mouth. It was moving… and certainly it wasn’t her tongue. Such sensation made Kyuhyun grimace, wondering if all kisses were like that.


His eyes widened as he finally realized something wasn’t right, what was that thing hitting the roof of his mouth? Hastily, he separated from the kiss, discretely spitting on his mouth the strange object moving… it was a fly. Disgust was very little to express how Kyuhyun felt at that exact moment. Luckily (or not) the girl didn’t notice, because she was busy watching him lovingly.


After he analyzed the looks she was sending him, Kyuhyun was sure: he was completely screwed. The girl hugged him, causing him to be completely frozen on the spot – was he allowed to run away now? “Ah. You are one of the best kisses I’ve ever had!” a wink was made by her, one that surely frightened him as he noticed the horrendous amount of makeup she used, it felt like her eyelashes would fall from the weight put on them.


Someone else had the courage to kiss her?” Kyuhyun thought in disbelief as he tried to escape from her clutches, why her nails were so long? Was it to catch her preys easier? “You are the third better according to my list though, sorry!” she gave him a very wicked grin, making Kyuhyun pale from the sight. “How come she even has a list? What is happening to the world?” the boy couldn’t help but frown after the statement. What those people had in their minds to willingly kiss her… oh. He just kissed her as well so he isn’t one to talk.


“Want to increase your ranking?” she suggested with eyes creepily glimmering. Kyuhyun immediately rejected, he wouldn’t even care if he was placed last. Hastily running away from her, Kyuhyun ended up meeting with Donghae and Eunhyuk who were hiding behind bushes near the place.


Poor Kyuhyun. Both were rolling on the floor while laughing, breaths already uneven because they could see the little insect entering in his mouth right before the kiss happened. This certainly made Kyuhyun mad, his friends were laughing at him for his disgraceful moment.


“You had to see! You were looking like an idiot with eyes closed and mouth wide opened! Of course an insect would enter!” Eunhyuk managed to say despite his intense urge to laugh at the happening, causing Kyuhyun to pout. Wasn’t it normal to close eyes and open mouth when people shared a kiss?


“Shut up. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to kiss someone again” Kyuhyun sulked as he now had a bed memory that would haunt him for the rest of his life. His two friends tilted their heads, wondering if this was the moment when they should comfort Kyuhyun.


“LOOK A FLY!” Instead of comforting, Donghae decided to tease his friend a little bit by screaming that particular sentence.


“AHH!” Kyuhyun desperately screamed, hastily looking around, afraid it would enter in his mouth again.


Donghae and Eunhyuk had planned to stop joking after this, but after seeing Kyuhyun like a little girl scared of the small insect made them crack up. Again they were rolling on the floor dying from laughing too much. Both were even lacking air from the laughter session. Kyuhyun snorted humorlessly, hoping both would die from the lack of oxygen.


With that, concluded the worst memory that Kyuhyun had: his first kiss. It was obvious the younger wouldn’t try kissing someone so soon, consider the insect thing as a bonus (a remarkable one). As for his two annoying friends… he would have to deal with them for the rest of his life.


The problem that was supposed to be a brief one, turned out to be troublesome in the future though. Kyuhyun was finally seventeen, yet he still didn’t have courage to move forward and forget that unfortunate happening (more like absurd). The mere thought of dating would make him panic. Actually, he even felt a little bit heartless because he never loved anyone else besides his first crush (which was pathetic in his conception, it was years ago).


Of course he wanted to have a healthy life, thus the need to overcome that bad experience. He felt the need to learn how to act on dates, since he was completely inexperienced on it. However, he wouldn’t want to waste those memories again in someone that wasn’t worth of it.


Perhaps he would be able to find someone that he truly loves.

------------------------------

Fun fact (not really): this story (as said by Lani before) is based on my "tragic love story" (this was how she referred to it OTL)

BUT

this chapter actually happened on real life to a friend of mine. So you can say it was half based on his story as well (?) OTL I feel bad for him that actually had an insect on his mouth during the kiss. Well, accordingly to him it was from the girls mouth, but who knows and the girl did say she had a list LOL

Today is his birthday yay happy birthday to him \o/ (he knows I wrote it on this fanfic, he just laughed about it)
 

Somehow the angst chapter did trigger me to remember bad memories of when I went to another school OTL of course I wasn't hit, just the basic bullying thing of being left out etc.

 

So cheers! Just fluffiness ahead (I think OTL)