All In My Head-Jiyoon (4minute) feat. Sunggyu (Infinite) and Soyu (Sistar) Pt.1

Our Love is Like a Song~ONESHOTS

 

 

 

“But I just cant help but think that we, we could've had something. Have I really been blind to reality baby tell me was it real or was it all in my head?”-Tori Kelly

 

      

      Jiyoon folded and refolded napkins tightly over polished silverware, keeping an eye out towards the restaurant’s clear glass double doors, glancing that way numerous times.

 

Her coworker GaEun, noticed this while she was wiping down the bar counter with a damp rag, and tried to console Jiyoon. “He could still show up you know.” She told Jiyoon gently.

 

Jiyoon looked up from her work, surprised at GaEun’s remark. ”What? Oh no. I um—business has just been slow today. I’m just hoping anyone will show up at all.” She replied to GaEun with a small sheepish smile.

 

GaEun stopped wiping the counter and pursed her lips into a tight thin line. Jiyoon was taken aback by her expression. “Why are you looking at me like that?” Jiyoon said, feigning ignorance.

 

Now GaEun rolled her eyes at this and just told her straight forwardly what she thought about all of this. “Jiyoon ssi, I don’t mean to interfere. But all of Bellisimo’s staff has seen the way you look at your friend Sunggyu.” She replied to her matter of factly.

 

Jiyoon almost dropped the silverware she was rolling up but quickly placed it down on the linen table cloth, as she gaped at her co-worker for a second, and then closed . She paused for a moment to collect her thoughts, and then spoke slowly. ”What do you mean?” She asked, backtracking as she walked over to the crate of silverware that still needed to be wrapped.

 

GaEun sighed, folding the damp rag neatly into fours and placing it on the back counter beside all of the wine glasses, tumblers and shot glasses. Rubbing the side of her face in exasperation, she picked up a glass of water, taking a sip first, as if preparing herself for a long tirade.

 

However her next statement was concise and went straight to the point. And it made Jiyoon cringe. “Two weeks ago.” She simply stated.

 

~

     Jiyoon stood with her back facing the lunch crowd, arranging cups and saucers on a black tray. Grabbing a large metal pitcher from the equipment rack, she filled it with cold milk, and

 

 

tilted it at an angle beneath the steamer of the coffee machine. Pulling up the lever as it hissed, she started swirling the pitcher in slow counter clockwise circles, as the milk began to bubble and foam, steam rising from the top.

 

        “Jiyoon ah” A voice she could recognize anywhere called to her from behind, startling her slightly. She abruptly let go of the steam lever as it hissed splattering milk on the coffee machine, but fortunately not on herself.

 

She placed the pitcher down on the counter beside the machine and quickly wiped up the mess, turning around to face SungGyu, who was smiling, but his expression changed to that of surprise.

 

 “Didn’t mean to scare you there. Just wanted to see how you were doing.” He explained and Jiyoon smiled back, aware of GaEun in her peripheral vision at the cash register. She was smiling slightly as well almost knowingly, but then fixed her expression as she continued counting out change for one of the dining families.

 

Jiyoon ignored this, and picked up a to-go cup beside her already with coffee, filling it with fresh foam and handed it to SungGyu, who looked down at it curiously. “Caramel latte with dark roasted coffee, and extra foam.” She explained with a smile.

 

SungGyu smiled back, shaking his head in amazement. He started reaching in his left jean pocket for cash, with his free hand. “I still don’t know how you do it. How much do I--?” He started to ask, but Jiyoon waved her hand in protest.

 

“Don’t worry about it. Just tell other people about this place, and we’ll call it even.” She told him, rinsing her hands in the sink in front of her, and drying off with a paper towel.

 

SungGyu looked unsure about this, but nodded. “I was going to stay for lunch, but the host told me it’d be about a thirty minute wait.” He explained. Jiyoon nodded back in understanding.

 

“Yeah Saturday lunch hour is pretty busy.” She replied back, as SungGyu stood behind the low wall divider of the bar and coffee counter.

 

“Party of one! Lee SungGyu Party of one! Your table is ready!” KwangHee bellowed loudly, a menu in his hands, as both Jiyoon and SeungGyu looked surprised.

 

‘Has it been thirty minutes already?” Jiyoon asked with a light laugh, but knew GaEun must’ve pulled some strings to have a table ready for SungGyu.

 

SungGyu shrugged with a smile.”I guess I’ll be around a bit longer then.” He told her as Jiyoon nodded, watching as he followed KwangHee to a small table near the ficus plants.

 

Gaeun suddenly appeared beside Jiyoon, smirking as she past her to get to the bar area, filling up two wine glasses with Merlot.

 

“GaEun, what did you do?” Jiyoon asked her as Gaeun re-corked the wine bottle, placing it back on the wine rack, and putting the wine glasses on a tray.

 

She balanced it on one arm, adding a few napkins to the tray, as she glanced back at JiYoon in mock surprise. “Who me? Nothing. Just try not to mess up any drink orders okay?” She replied back to her co-worker teasingly, and sauntered off.

 

Jiyoon sighed, glancing out at the huge lunch crowd.  Businessmen in suits, chatting about upcoming projects, large families with little kids and toddlers bouncing in their high chairs, and SungGyu seated with his caramel latte, and a plate of freshly baked bruschetta, reading something on his SIII phone.

 

It was going to be a long day.

________________________________________

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.