Sooner Than Later Min and Kikwang Part 4

Our Love is Like a Song~ONESHOTS

Min tucked a lock of her hair behind her ears, as she tried to catch her breath after rushing out of the cafe. She heaved a long sigh, disbelieving what she had just done. 

 

He knows now.

 

This wasn't supposed to happen. She was supposed to have played the perfect role of the best friend who is completely supportive and happy for her best friend, who she happened to be secretly in love with. 

 

Well it was no secret now.

 

She knew that she had lost it inside the cafe. Call it jealousy, call it whatever you wanted, she had snapped in there, and she hadn't meant for it to happen. Now she had bumbled and blabberedto Kikwang everything she had felt in the last five years. He now knew that he noticed all his little antics and mannerisms, along with the fact that she had fallen for him.

 

She sighed, rubbing the side of her face in exasperation. Slowly, she walked across the parking lot to her car,with a heavy heart, biting her lip to keep the tears fromfalling.

 

Pulling out the car keys from her pocket, she was just about to press the button to unlock it, when she heard hesitant footsteps come up behind her. She could already sense who it was and  made no move to turn around.

 

"Min." Kikwang breathed out, barely above a whisper. She stayed silent, her eyes starting to fill with tears, as she clenched her palms to stop herself. She focused on   the car keys in her hand, but slowly the image of it in front of her began to blur.

 

"Minyoung ah. I'm sorry I put you through all this, and that I had no idea about your feelings. I'm so sorry, that you I put you through such pain, and that you have to have such a babo as a friend." He said, trying to reprimand himself.

 

Min slowly turned around, and Kikwang saw her eyes b with tears. He wanted to embrace her and make the hurt go away, but he wasn't sure if now was the right time. He had always loved her, as his best friend. And at this moment, he wasn't sure if he felt the same way that she did.

 

He knew that she was the only person that understood his very unique sense of humor. He knew that she was the only person that knew exactly the right things to say when  he was down. He knew that she was an incredibly special person in his life.

 

And as he contemplated all these things, Min herself was going through a tornado of thoughts as well. But she sighed.

"You're not a babo Kikwang, but I'm sorry too." She said softly, and turned around, slowly slipping inside her car, and pulling out of the parking lot.

 

Kikwang stood there, stunned. He knew that he shouldn't just stand there, while he watched the back bumper signal, blinking to turn onto the main road. Yet for some reason his throat felt dry, and his legs felt like bricks were weighing them down.

 

Scolding himself, he walked to his own car and shut the door behind himself with a bang. Pounding his fists on the dashboard, he yelled out in frustration. He didn't care if he damaged his hands, or his car. 

 

He had hurt the one person that had always been there for him. He had never seen so much pain in her eyes before and he wasn't sure how he was going to make it up to her.

 

-

Min wrapped the comforter around herself, and grabbed more pillows which leaned against the headboard of her bed, and placed them around herself, forming a small barrier.

Why couldn't she have been a girl who put up walls around herself? Maybe then she wouldn't have gotten hurt the way that she did.

 

She was very open with people, especially those she decided to get close to.

 

But then again, if she had been more guarded, she might not have ever befriended Kikwang.

 

Would she have given up meeting him, if it meant not experiencing the pain that she was going through?

 

Without a second thought, or doubt in her mind, Min already knew the answer.

 

Even if it meant sparing herself the pain, she still would gladly have chosen to meet Kikwang and have him come into her life.

 

Feelings aside, he was a blessing and such an important part of her life. 

 

He had seen her at her lowest. When she stressed out at not getting choreography down perfectly, when she was sad after her guinea pig had died,

even when she was in her strange weepy moods during that "time of the month" he would keep some distance away, but still bought her the rocky road ice cream

she loved so much.

 

Min brought her knees to her chest and wrapped the comforter more tightly around herself. A light knocking at her doorframe startled her and she glanced up to see one of her best girl friends, HyoYeon smiling widely.

 

Her expression changed when she saw the state that Min was in. 

 

Quickly walking over, she gave Min a big hug.

 

"Min Min what's wrong?" HyoYeon asked, jumping up and sitting on the bed beside her. Min sniffed a little bit.

 

HyoYeon tried to rock her from side to side. 

 

"Heyyyy Minnie chinguu. What what what what. what happened yah?" HyoYeon sang trying to mimic the Gangnam Style melody.

 

Min laughed lightly, wiping her eyes with the back of her sweater sleeve.

 

"Kikwang knows I like him." She explained, her voice becoming gravely.

 

HyoYeon's eyes widened, gaping at this. She stopped rocking Min and sat beside her, attentively.

 

"And what happened?" She asked carefully, although seeing her friend's expression she knew it didn't go very well.

 

Min grabbed the box of chocopie at the side of her bed, and ripped one of the packages open, about to stuff one in when HyoYeon grabbed it, munching on  it instead. she sighed, grabbing a new package.

 

"Don't talk with your mouth full Minnie." Hyoyeon told her brightly, trying to lighten the situation.

 

Min placed the chocopie package in her lap, and explained first.

 

"Well, I wanted to chat with him at Mocha Loca, right? To you know, just say how happy I was about him meeting HyoSung, but then I hear the most annoying ringtone in the world. I mean, it would make you cringe just hearing the first few seconds.It is seriously--" Min blabbered on, but HyoYeon cut her off.

 

"Min." Hyoyeon said firmly.

 

"What?" Min said, ripping the chocopie open and stuffing it in .

 

"Focus. Come on." Hyoyeon told her, trying to encourage her to stay on topic.

 

"Okay fine. So we met at the cafe, I was starting to do that but then I hear that ringtone, and ugh I just snapped. And I told him all about how HyoSung actually was a tiny bit irritating and did way too much aegyo and then it came out how I fell for him, and how I notice all the little mannerisms he does and it just blew up from there. And then I left and he followed  me to the parking lot to apologize, but no where  in that apology did he say he liked me back. Not that I was expecting him to, I mean why would I even."--She trailed off again.

 

Hyoyeon interrupted her. "Min. It's okay. Best friend or not, if kikwang can't see how special you are, then excuse my language but he is a d--"She started to say, but Min's wide eyes and exclamation interrupted her.

"HyoYeon!" She yelled out, shocked.

 

"Douchebag." HyoYeon said plainly. Min sighed, smacking her forehead. 

 

HyoYeon wrapped an arm around her comfortingly, and Min hugged her back, grateful for her friend.

 

-

 

   "Look Kikwang, I really don't know what to tell you." DooJoon said with a sigh over the phone.

 

Kikwang balanced his cellphone between his shoulder and chin, while steering the car around a roundabout.

 

"But it hyung. It really . I just don't know what to even say anymore." He said with a sigh, his phone started to ding and vibrate, noticing another call on the line. He jolted at the vibrations, and dropped the phone near his gear shift console, and grabbed at the phone to pick it up, taking his eyes off the road for a second.

 

"Kikwang you there?" DooJoon called out, his voice echoing through the speakers.

 

"Yeah hyung I'm here." Kikwang called back, missing a big rig truck that was coming his way.

 

He suddenly heard a loud honking and bright lights caught his attention as he sat back up properly.

 

"Kikwang!" DooJoon yelled hearing the commotion.

 

His eyes widened, as his small car collided with the monstrosity in front of him, his air bags activating immdiately as his body went limp from shock.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.