Sooner Than Later-Min and Kikwang and Hyosung Pt 5

Our Love is Like a Song~ONESHOTS

 

     Kikwang had completely out from shock. The front of his car suffered alot of damage, and broken glass shattered, causing cuts on his face, but luckily the air bags helped him from being crushed as well. 

 

 

The big rig, had turned over on it's side after the crash, and people were driving by quickly, when a middle aged man saw the accident, and pulled over, doing his best to pull Kikwang out of the car.

 

He called 119, detailing the exact location of the accident, as fire trucks, police cars and emergency vehicles rushed to the scene, and the medics pulled Kikwang onto a stretcher. 

 

 

The middle aged man, shook his head at being identified, and went back inside his car, driving off. He had a son that was around Kikwang's age, and he choked up slightly, hoping that the young man would be okay.

 

 

The medics placed an oxygen mask over Kikwang, as they tried to revive him back into a conscious state. They were able to get brain signals, and his heartbeat up and running, but his eyes would not open, nor were there any signs of his body moving.

 

Reaching the hospital they rushed him into the Emergency room to see what they could do.

 

~

     

    Min layed on her bed, overstuffed with chocopie, as HyoYeon had left about an hour ago after they had just vented to each other, and stuffed themselves with the chocolately marshmallow biscuit snack. 

 

She rolled over on her stomach, feeling slightly queasy, when she saw her phone light up on her night stand, starting to vibrate. Glancing at the caller ID,she saw it was DooJoon, and quickly picked it up.

 

"Oppa, what's up?" She said, sitting upright in her bed. DooJoon cleared his throat a few times, which was really unlike him. When he finally spoke, she noticed that his voice was hoarse sounding.

 

"Min..Kikwang..got into an accident. You should come see him. He's at Seoul General Hospital." He explained, sounding very tired. 

 

Her eyes immediately started to water, as she dropped the phone down on her bed. Gathering her wits, she slowly picked it up, trying to keep her voice steady. "I'll be right there. Thanks oppa." She said, and quickly said her goodbyes.

 

Grabbing a jacket from her closet, she raced down the stairs, slipping her feet into sneakers, grabbing the car keys from the stand, and running out thedoor.

 

 

At every red light, she grew more and more anxious, wondering if his accident was somehow her fault.  Just the thought of it alone, was decreasing herheart palpitations at a steady rate. 

 

 

"Maybe, he was upset at the way I was acting that he wasn't paying attention to his driving." She thought worriedly, pushing on the gas pedal as quickly as she could when it turned green.

 

She finally screeched into the hospital parking lot, hurriedly getting out of her car and running through the sliding glass doors of the entrance and waiting room.

 

 

Rushing up to the main desk, the woman in charge, looked at her in surprise. Min took a moment to catch her breath.

 

 

"I need to see Lee Kikwang please." She told the receptionist. The woman glanced down at the binder in front of her, looking at it alphabetically. 

 

"Mr. Lee just came out of the ER about an hour ago. He's in room 21B on the second floor. Please sign in first." She told Min, who hurriedly scribbled her name on the clipboard. 

 

"Thank you." Min said quickly, and ran down the hallway and anxiously took the stairs, flying up the steps with everything she had left in her.

 

Quickly scanning both sides of the hallway, she fast walked until she spotted 21B on a plaque outside one of the doors. It was slightly ajar, and right when she was about to enter, she stopped herself, hearing a familiar voice. Hyosung was there, and she was close to tears. 

 

 

"Kikwang. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Please please stay alive. You're a really great guy. And I feel touched that you saw an interest in me. But I feelso horrible that, I don't think things can really go anywhere with us. I'm not the right person for you. Please please get better. You need to fight this, so youcan wake up and be with the right person. Please." HyoSung said, her voice cracking, as she was full out sobbing now. 

 

After gathering herself, she wiped her eyes and stood up from where she was seated by the bedside, and started to leave the room. Min quickly backed up, but wasn't quick enough, as Hyosung almost ran into her, and she stopped, eyes wide.

 

"Min ssi." She said, and gave her a small sad smile. Min looked at her, and felt bad, seeing her red rimmed eyes, and pink nose.

 

"Hyosung ssi. I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude, it's just..." Min trailed off, but HyoSung shook her head.

 

"No. I'm the one that's intruding. You've known Kikwang alot longer. So I need to tell you something. I'm not the right person for Kikwang. And I know  thattruth be told, things started out perfectly fine. I was flattered that he was interested in me. But after the night that he took me out to meet you, and you had togo home early, I spent the rest of that evening listening to stories about you. I don't think he meant to do that, but if there was one thing I was sure of, was

how much you mean to him. He may not realize it now, but when he wakes up, and he has to wake up, I hope he'll come to his senses. I'm sorry for getting in between you two." Hyosung said sincerely, dabbing at her eyes with a tissue from her jacket pocket. 

 

Min was completely taken aback by this, and had to take a moment to process it all. Kikwang liked her? Or at least, according to HyoSung but he just hadn't realized it yet? 

 

Min smiled back at Hyosung, and took her hands in hers in a friendly manner, understanding of where she was coming from. "Hyosung ssi. I appreciate everything you're saying but, Kikwang never saw me that way." She explained to her, leaning back on her heels a bit.

 

Hyosung looked at her with slight pity. "Min please. If I didn't think this way, I would've been in there, holding onto Kikwang's hand, begging God to let him live, so we could be together. But it would've felt wrong. Instead I asked for him to keep holding on, for your sake, and for his. You two haven't had a chance 

yet, but I believe you deserve it. Don't give up on him. Please." Hyosung said, almost desperately.

 

Min saw the seriousness in Hyosung's eyes, and the urgency in her voice. She sighed, and gave Hyosung's hands a small squeeze. "Okay. Thanks Hyosung." She said, as Hyosung nodded, walking down the hallway.

 

Min slipped into the room, and sat down, taking Kikwang's hand, and tears flowed, seeing him attached to an IV drip, scratches on his face, and a defibrilator beside him, at the ready for the medics.

 

"KiKi. Please make it." She thought fervently, squeezing his hand, praying that he would eventually squeeze back.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.