Sooner Than Later Min and Kikwang Part 3

Our Love is Like a Song~ONESHOTS

 

       Min kept her lips pursed in irritation, as the ballad version of Wondergirl's "Nobody" echoed through the cafe. The flourescent lights seemed to bright for her, the linoleum tables seemed to squeaky shiny to her, even the plastic chairs were making her irritated. She couldn't even remember a time where she felt as frustrated as she did.

 

 

 She seemed to be shooting laser daggers with her eyes at the mocha cappucino in front of her, Tugging at the sleeves of her hoodie she tried to stop fidgeting. This was very unlike her usual personality.

 

Lee MinYoung would have been either bright and cheery and bubbly, or even laid back. She was hardly ever the agitated type. But as she sat there, her blood began to boil. Yesterday she had endured a two hour long dinner with Kikwang and HyoSung.

 

HyoSung was exactly what Kikwang had described. Sweet, relaxed, but she was also very clingy. Min had never heard so much aegyo in just one sitting. Forced aegyo. She shuddered at the thought. 

 

But she let out a long exhale and tried to steady herself. When Kikwang finally arrived he was all smiles as he plopped down in the seat in front of her. Knowing her for so long, he could tell something was wrong.

 

Her smile was forced. Though was curved upwards her eyes looked tired, sad and even flashes of irritation crossed her brown irises.

 

Kikwang grew concerned. "Minyoungie. What's wrong? You said you wanted to chat about something right? Am I late?" Kikwang asked, slightly panicked as he glanced at the wall clock on the far wall beside them.

 

 

Minyoungie. Why does he still have to call her that? It would always give her foolish hopes that it was more than just a friendly term of endearment. But she knew better now to stomp on those hopes quickly, like a forest fire that needed to be stopped quickly.

 

She shook her head, noticing she was looking down at her coffee cup, and forced herself to look at him. "It's nothing. I--...HyoSung seems really, nice. I'm happy for you KiKi." She forced out  as convincingly as she could. 

 

Kikwang still looked doubtful, but ordered a hazelnut latte as the waiter came over to their table. He tried to stare Min down, but she just blinked, trying to look blank if it meant him being unable to read what she was really feeling.

 

Kikwang was about to say something when his phone started to ding.

 

~Monja waneunde monja waneunde buuing buuing!~

 

Min had never heard that ringtone before and could already guess it was HyoSung sending a text message.

 

Kikwang glanced down at his phone, but didn't slide it open and instead placed it down on the side of the table, concentrating on what was going on with Min.

 

"You're not going to check that?" Min asked, surprised.

 

He shook his head. "Lee MinYoung there's something you're not telling me. Now please. I can handle it." He told her earnestly.

 

Min heaved out a long sigh, pushing her cappucino away from herself. 

 

Tell her best friend that she was in love with him or keep the aloof act up?

 

~Oppa monja washong!~ His phone dinged again.

 

Something in Min snapped, and she stood up from the table abruptly.

 

Kikwang was stunned, as he glanced up at her.

 

She stared down at him with so much pain and frustration.

 

"Okay fine. I'm irritated Kikwang. HyoSung is nice but she's soo...clingy and does too much aegyo. Won't both of your aegyo just be an overdose and make both of you go crazy? Nevermind I'm not making sense. But what I'm saying is that

 

What is the point in having feelings for someone that doesn't even realize it? I spend time, staring at my phone wondering what crazy thing you'll say next, or whatever random calls you'll have whether you're at the pojamancha or at the convenience store asking me which Pororo character you're dongseng will like best.

 

Or how you flip your hair to the side twice, and blow on your bangs when you're irritated. Or you place a hand on your forehead instead of your stomach when you're hungry cause you're just weird like that, and somehow I'm fallen for that dorkish wanna be swag like, irritating, guy that I've come to know over the past five years, but then you suddenly talk about how you meet someone and then it's just...like everything I felt, everything that I tried to hold back, did hold back, am now pouring out like a stupid downpour, seems to be meaningless. I'm sorry Kikwang I can't deal with this." Min blurted out loudly heaving as she finished this long tirade of a confession as Kikwang sat there completely taken aback.

She let her eyes become downcast, and hurriedly walked out of the cafe.

 

Kikwang stared at the door as the bells chimed, as he watched his best friend's retreating figure. Regaining his composure he placed a few bills on the table and rushed out of there, to the parking lot, unsure of what he could say.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabel Santos Copyright 2012.

All rights reserved.