SM Entertainment

Angel

This morning I made sure to have a healthy breakfast because I had absolutely no idea what kinds of things I would encounter throughout the day. Hopefully hunger wasn't one of them so I packed snacks. As I got on the bus I made sure not to get ahead of myself because who knows what will be waiting there for me.......competition.

As I entered the large building I walked straight to an office area hoping that they would know where to direct me. Knowing nothing would happen unless I asked for help I quickly bowed towards one of the women at the desk "Annyeonghaseyo! I'm a new trainee here and was wondering if you could direct me to where I need to be." The woman's face lit up as she turned towards me "Well every trainee has a schedule to follow. What is your name?" After she searched through her computer program she printed off my schedule and handed it to me. "Levels 1-8 are available for all trainees, but you may not go onto levels 9-20 without your instructors permission." she shot me a quick smile before the next person asked her for assistance.

I looked through my schedule in the lobby's cafe since my first training session didn't start until 8:00am. It was only 7:16am and I didn't want to be the first person in the room. I couldn't help but feel excited, for my first session was vocal training. When it finally was 7:40am I decided it was okay to start heading for the elevators. As I was walking down the hallway I saw posters of Girls Generation, Super Junior, F(x), SHINee, EXO, and so many other artists that I was unaware about. I felt like a complete idiot for not knowing any of their names except for BoA, she was probably the only K-pop idol that I supported. I'm not sure why, maybe it was just my admiration for her independance.

As I waited for the elevator I overheard two other girls talking that seemed to me like trainees:

"Yah! you can't leave me like that!"           O_o maybe I shouldn't be listening to this.......

"You know I love you babe, but don't you want what's best for me?"       O-O.........I'M SOOOO SHHHH!!! DON'T LISTEN!

"I thought you and I really had something last night!?"                 O^O wae! Why am I doing this to myself!

"I'm just moving up a floor level Cho Hee you'll live."                O-o?..........

Once the elevator door opened I dashed in and pounded on the number 4 like my life depended on it. Luckily the girls got impatient and left for the stairs. The elevator took forever as it picked up and dropped off people until I finally reached my floor I realized it was already 7:55am as I dashed out of the elevator. While looking for room number 61 I bumped into someone. Impatiently I gave a quick bow and saw an older man that also looked like he was in a rush.

After finding the room I entered to see a room full of majority girls either my age or younger. Gladly seeing that I wasn't late the instructor began to review the rules of each floor level of the building. Each floor must have been some sort of significance for her to be speaking about it in such a strict tone. "Throughout this week I will be evaluating each of you and if I believe that you are capable of advancing to another floor level; I will do so, and for those of you who are new; moving up another floor level is another step closer to debuting." Oh that's what the two girls were talking about at the elevator! xD I"m such a weirdo for thinking things!!

My first session was pretty simple, our instructor just gave every individual the same song to sing which I saw as a chance to show what I got. I thought I did alright........I'm just a very average singer compared to the other trainees. I mean I certainly wasn't the worst or the best. As I took a break I decided to look around and get used to the building before my next session at 10:00am. "Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Cho Hee! And you are a new trainee right?" I was so taken aback because she popped up out of no where and that reminded very much of Soo Jin. "N-nee" then I came to realize that she was one of the girls at the elevator. "Well you must have been hand picked then. It's very rare that trainees are specifically chosen from the public. We usually make it through auditions and you must be really talented too because most new trainees start on floor level number 1, and you are on 4!" she spoke about it as if someone who was chosen would be like a god or goddess.

"I'm actually not all that great and I think they chose me from a weak basis." as I turned to look at her she gave me a 'girl please' look. "Well aren't you the first. Usually the handpicked trainees are snobby, arrogant, and annoying." I found this girl so interesting as she would just continue to ramble about all kinds of things on her own. It was really cute and innocent. I think I've made a friend today. ^-^