Embracing the Music

Angel

Today is my second day on floor 6 and boy have I felt the pressure from my competition, but their is no sweat because dancing is one of my strengths. Jason had us take turns and freestyle to the music. "Today I want everyone to stray away from the usual or normal dancing styles. I want everyone to challenge themselves and show something new." Of course the girls did the usual with their seductive feminine body rolls and wiggling junk. Ugh yuck!  When it came to my turn I made sure to make an impression. I immediately started with letting the wave run through my arms and then I sped up with popping as the music got faster I closed my eyes and let my body move. As my hands touched the ground I was forming my airtrack and stood up with a front head flip. Then I decided to finish with a soothing, gentle footwork and the swaying of my arms to top off my powerful moves. With my eyes still closed I let a smile form with satisfaction.

"Nice work!! What other styles do you dance to?" I turned to see a wide smile on Jason's face. Jason is our instructor from America and I admired him and his skills it reminded me very much of Hyo, the man who taught me how to let the music flow from within and throughout the body. "Ballet, Breakdancing, Popping, Locking, Salsa, and Ballroom but I enjoy grooving the most." grabbing a water bottle I caught a couple death glares across the room. After a few hours he had taught us some choreography, although I picked it up after 20 minutes. Every now and then Jason would use me as an example. That's another thing about me. I have an insane memory especially when it relates to music, and it allows me to easily immitate dance moves within minutes.

I asked Jason if I could use another practice room to freestyle just for some fun. "I think all the rooms on level 6 are taken but go ahead and take my keys to use a room on 7." Eager to do so I grabbed the keys and went up into an empty practice room on floor 7. Every practice room had an expensive, high quality radio, so I decided to just turn on the radio and dance to whatever was on. I grabbed a piece of fabric and made a blind fold just like how Hyo used to. He said that it had helped him let loose of everything and feel nothing but the music.

I the music pretty loud, so loud that I couldn't hear my own breath or foot steps. As my body was moving I let go of everything except for my purpose. I deepened my thoughts on my goals and what I was fighting for, and as I was thinking about it I felt my moves becoming stronger and more precise. As one song changed to a new one I would also transition my different dancing styles from one to another. Froming popping to footwork, to ballet, to breakdancing, and then back to popping again. At this moment I knew everything was right.

When I took off my blind fold I turned around to see Jason, Director Dong-Sun and another man. "You've been here for nearly 3 hours." I widened my eyes in disbelief. "We've all agreed to move you up to floor 8." Director Dong unfolded his arms and started to head towards the door. "How long have you all been here watching?" as I started to pack up my things the man I didn't know gave me a smile. He's the man I bumped into on my first day. "We've been here long enough to see that you are indeed a very talented young woman. Excuse me for not introducing myself, I am Manager Il-Suk and it is an honor to meet you Min."

"The honor is mine but how do you know me?" as I looked at the both of them with Director Dong gone. "Well our great instructor here took the time to tell us all about how great of a student you are, and we have all agreed for you to move to floor 8 starting tomorrow. Good luck! 8 is where all the trainees fail." Well that was quite the encouragement. As he walked away he patted my back and left the room. "You should get some rest tonight Min tomorrow will determine many things for you." Jason patted my head as he began to lock up.