For the People

Angel

It's been 3 days and my singing range has expanded by several octaves. Yesterday I was informed that I would be moving to the 6th floor level! I was excited until I realized that I would be leaving behind Cho Hee and would have to adapt to a new environment. So I decided to spend the weekend out with her. After Cho Hee went and bought an entire mall I took her to my favorite cafe. There, we sat and sipped on coffee as we laughed together. "Min, I've decided to leave the company." she spoke with a more serious tone with her head facing towards the window. Before I could say anything she had interrupted me.

"Min, the moment I first met you I realized that you were different. Ever since I've been with the company I've befriended every single publicly chosen trainee, and I let all of them throw me away like trash when they were moved up, and over time I had gotten used to it. Is that what she was arguing about with that one other trainee near the elevator? After spending so much time with them and then finally meeting you I noticed that every single one of their motives or purposes were messed up or were only for the glory and fame. Yet the only thing you ever think about are the people around you. If you didn't come here and rebuild me with a new dignity I would still be moping all around the whole company. Everything you do whether it's helping a child find their mother, saving a rose from dying, or smiling at someone when you know they've had a rough day. Min you give hope to the hopeless."

"Cho Hee, why are you talking like this so suddenly?" she quickly looked at me and grabbed my hands. "If there was anyone that could become an Idol it would be you and I would want it to be you. Nowadays there are Idols that only know how to smile and sing but don't know what kind of power they have with their position. Both you and I know and have seen the worst of these cities, but no one knows about it because it's buried in all the dust that fame has continuosly piled on top of it. I've seen you sing, speak, dance....and so many other things but I believe that those are your gifts to help you speak out to the world. Look I know I may seem completely insane right now but the people need you Min! They need someone more than just another sparkling beautiful person to charm their hearts momentarily."

Hearing all this come from Cho Hee kind of blew me out of the water but I understand exactly what she meant. Honestly right now at this moment I feel like I'm with my mother. She always spoke with so much passion and that's partly what made my father fall so deeply in love with her.

For the rest of the evening we enjoyed each other's presence as we talked more about our lives. Before I sent Cho Hee off she put something in my hand. "Here I want you to have this. Keep this as a reminder to yourself and if you ever feel like it's getting to your head let me know, and I'll knock some sense intah' yah." as she started to walk away I opened my hand to find a necklace that had one pearl dangling in the middle of a sterling silver chain. We both saw this earlier in the day when we were shopping. "This necklace is very much like you simple, pure, a sign of hope, and all in all beautiful. You should get it Min......" I should have known better that Cho Hee would have bought it when I wasn't looking. I stood there feeling the gentle rain drop onto my skin and roll off into a puddle. Thank you......

For the people.