Speaking of the Heart

Angel

I regret staying at the company so late last night. Not knowing what I would have to go through today I stayed up all night and studied up on Kpop Idols. After all if I were to make it, these people would be like my co-workers anyways. That's something weird to think about! Boy was it easy to read up on them though, these stars have crazy enough fans to be writing about, about.........everything about them. I was able to know anything from their blood type to their amazing skills, and when I started getting into how they slept and their house habits I decided to stop there. It's creepy that these fans know so much!

This morning I walked into the building to see so many faces giving me strange looks. O-O DON'T TELL ME I FORGOT MY PANTS!! As I was just standing frozen in my place like an idiot thinking about all the possibilities that could have caused this; I saw Director Dong waiting for me at the elevator. "I can see from your expression that you're a little lost. Well floor 8 has never been gone through alone. What I'm saying is that usually people work together to pass floor 8, but we have decided that you can do it on your own." Oh great! They must really not want me to pass or something because now they're just making the probability of me failing larger. "So you're saying that those faces that I was receiving in the lobby were because people felt sympathy for me?" Director Dong broke into a short laughter and cleared his throat as he pushed number 8 on the elevator. "Possibly, maybe not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see." the rest of the ride up was in complete silence.

Okay you can do this! Hwaiting! Hwaiting!! I entered a room to see Director Dong, Manager Il-Suk, one other man, and two other women I didn't know. I made a 90 degree bow, assuming that they were all important people to the company.

"Please sit. Before we have you sent off to your last session we would like to ask you a few questions, and we would appreciate greatly if you could answer them to your best extent." The moment I sat down they all opened a folder and pulled out papers and began writing as if they were examining a lab rat.

"What is SM Entertainment to you?"

I thought hard about this because I didn't want to make a fool of myself. "SM Entertainment is many things to not just myself but many other people. It is a company that provides opportunities to fulfill dreams, it is a family that binds everyone together through a love and passion for music, and most of all it comes up with the best Idols."

"If you were an Idol what would you be doing in the next 5 to 10 years?"

"If I were an Idol I would take the opportunity to embrace the people. I'd travel around the world and bring out the people who live in pain and hurt." I could see them all giving each other glances as I said this. "I love music as much as I love people, so I always thought that I could be like a motivational speaker but with music.........a motivational artist. You see I don't want to be another Idol with dazzling charms I think there are enough of those. I want to be more of help to our society." I could hear all of the scratching and furious writing on the paper from their pens and pencils.

"You are going through an airport and you see a lost child and you're running short on time. What do you do?"

"I help him or her find their parents first or at least get them to an airport worker!" I felt enraged at such an obvious answer. I wonder what other trainees would have said to this.

"Why would you do that?"

"Why wouldn't I?! If I was an Idol I should especially take the initiative to do so. People look up to Idols! This is exactly what I'm talking about! If someone was to just point the people in the right direction then we wouldn't have to worry about things like that! Idols are supposed to be perfect aren't they?! Then why do they turn their backs from the truth or do they just not notice it?!" After I calmed down a little they asked a few more simple questions.

"Thank you for taking the time to be apart of our interview Min you can go ahead and leave for your session." I stood up and made another 90 degree bow. "Thank you, all of you for hearing out what I had to say." Woah completely forgot about my session!

As I walked out the door I began to head into room 88. When I walked in, there was an empty practice room. O_o Is this the right room? I decided to walk out of the room to check the room number again. "Congratulations Min." I turned around to see Manager Il-Suk walk towards me. "What?" Manager Il-Suk smiled and gestured for me to follow him. "You have passed floor 8 and will advance into training for your debut." I think these people are trying to kill me with confusion. "But I haven't made it into my session yet. How could I have already passed?" We got into the elevator as he pushed the number 11. "That interview was the session. From now on you will be training in the same area as the company's Idols. If you need anything come and talk to me. I am now your manager. We are unsure as to when you will make your debut or how you will do it but be patient. We've had trainees here wait from 2 years to 4 years in order to debut. Make friends here, who knows how long you'll be here."