The Voice

Angel

"How do I look?" Soo Jin turned around with a pale, blood-drained face. She looked beautiful with her strapless white wedding dress that had a train that could be as long as the nile. There were diamonds and jewels scattered throughout the whole dress that I personally would have gone without. "Gorgeous" I whispered while hugging her. "Ladies are we ready?" the wedding planner nodded to us.

Soo Jin and I have been friends since High School. I never really had any friends until one day in music class we had a project to present a form of music to the class. I chose to sing "A Thousand Years" by an American woman. I can't quite remember her name something along the lines of Cherri Prastina. Right after class Soo Jin the most bubbly girl in school attacked me. She always reminded me of a harmless puppy so I decided it was okay to be friends with her. Now she is getting married and she insisted that I sing the same song that brought our friendship together.

After the ceremony was over I stood by Soo Jin and Chung-Ho and sang to the both of them and wished them both the best of luck for their future together. It was strange because I noticed as I was singing people were starting to cry. Even afterwards there was a large applause. I didn't think much of it because it was just a simple ballad that anyone could have sung.

I stayed afterwards to help with the cleaning until a man wearing a fitted suit that made him look very classy came to me with a kind smile. "May I speak to you in private?" he pointed out the door. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to punch him first and then run but I decided that I could trust him because erted ajusshis don't dress that sharp. As I followed him out the door he stopped by a large window and stared at me with a sense of curiousness. "How would you like to be apart of a trainee program?" I immediately started to wonder if Soo Jin had set up this prank. I've never even had any training before why of all people would he choose me? "Look I have a meeting I have to catch soon and it's very rare that I make offers like this so take this and call the number. There will be more information informed to you."

Before he left his kind smile reappered and said goodbye. As I looked at the business card at the top there were neatly written letters in pink that spelled out SM Entertainment. "Ah I see that you've met my co-worker, Director Dong-Sun." I see Chung-Ho walking towards me in his dashing grooms wear. Chung-Ho was also a close friend I grew up with Soo Jin; the three of us created a good circle of friendship and only did they both know me the most. "Is this a prank you and your new beloved wife came up with?" as I continued to finish up cleaning. "I had no idea about it and I just overheard your conversation with Director Dong not to long ago. You know I think you should really consider it. It would be good for you and to finally put some of your talent to use." "......and then what? Become a star and dazzle in the lights and hear people scream my name?" I said whimsically as I looked back at him as someone handed him a wedding gift. "If that's what you want." handing me the gift. "But that's not what I want...." before I could finish, Chung interrupted me. "I know it's not what you want but if not then what do you want? I know you're someone who mourns for the hurt, the poor, and the homeless and everything that no one else can see, but maybe this is your opportunity to expose the world of it.

By the time I got home I was just so exhausted I threw myself onto the couch and thought about what Chung-Ho had said. I decided to call the company and at least hear out the rest of the information. As I called I could hear Director Dong's voice on the other line. "Ah! Min I'm happy that you have called so have you decided to take me up on the offer?" I was a little shocked at how quickly he was ready to accept me with only hearing one performace. "I'm still not sure yet but I would just like to hear out the rest of the information.

The next morning I woke up and decided to go to a cafe and meditate on my opportunities. After finishing my espresso I decided that I could try it out; after all I really did love music, and if it didn't work out I could just come back to the modeling agency. I've worked with them long enough and they really loved my work, and if I did tell them about it they would want me to go. Director Dong said that I would have to dedicate 5 days of every week to training and I thought it seemed manageable enough. He said it was just as simple as impressing people and showing great skills and soon enough I would be taking classes to prepare for becoming an idol.

Then I realized that it couldn't be all that hard because mother and father equipped me when I was younger with many skills. Of course I'm no professional but I am VERY competitive and a fast learner. "Okay I can do this! Hwaiting!!" as I threw my fist up to see people give me strange stares. As I grabbed a piece of paper I started to write out my strengths. "Okay.....I can sing somewhat but I've never had any classes, I can dance really well in many different styles because I only learned from the best, I could make my own clothes and have an eye for fashion, I can speak fluently in English, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Thai, French, Spanish, and sign language. People think I'm crazy but my father was a politician and he wanted to equip me with as much knowledge as I could. My father always said," Don't let the little things block your way to reach out to the world." so I always equipped myself with knowledge and became number one in my school.

I realized that I was lacking knowledge on one thing.......K-POP Idols. >-> Of course I listened to their music because it was everywhere, but I never really took time to acknowledge the idols themselves.

"Well I guess I'll just have to wait and see until I head out to my first practice tomorrow."