Paper Notes

Bored at School

I could already imagine the face of Valerie on the way to school. She was probably mad that I missed a day, but I knew she would be too happy to see me again to make me regret something that had nothing to do with me. She saw me going out of the school bus, waving at me.

 

-Hello, sick guy!

-Hi! Not dead from being without me a whole day?

-Nope.

 

She had a strange smile on her face, I didn't understand why.

 

-What's up? You look awfully happy.

-Hun?

 

She looked at me, then smiled even more.

 

-I can't be happy?

-Yah, but it's weird to see you so happy when you hate school as much as I do.

-I got a new computer!

 

She started to tell me how her parents changed her old computer for a less older computer, making me laugh because of how she was excited about it. We went to class, seperated until lunch time. Donghae was still in my class, still surrounded by girls. Some guys just can't get enough...I sat at my desk, which in this particular class, was just next to him, so I had to hear all their chattering about this and that, nothing really interesting. The bell rang.

 

It was really boring, I was half laying of my desk, my face against my hand to keep me in a position that wouldn't bother the teacher. A piece of paper hitted my head. I looked secretly around, thinking I would find some jerk laughing at me, but I didn't. I took the paper and unfold it.

 

''Were we bothering you?''

 

What?

 

I looked around me. Donghae waved quickly at me before looking forward. I took my pencil.

 

''It's not like I really cared.''

 

I thrown it at him, carefully. I looked at him reading my anwser, then smiled. He wrote something and gave it back to me.

 

''Happy to hear that. Those girls can take quite some space. Did I do something to upset you? I still wonder if you hate me because I did something wrong.''

 

Why does he even care? I wrote back.

 

''You didn't, I just have something against popular guys. No offense.''

''Not taken. I wish I can be your friend, I feel like you are more real to yourself than those who are around me. Plus, we are both Korean, it something we have in common!''

''I'm born here, my parents just gave me a Korean name because they wanted to. I don't know if I can be your friend, I don't know if you really mean it.''

''We can talk that way until I can show you I am not lying. No one has to know.''

 

That was weird. It took me a while before I gave him an answer.

 

''Alright, but if we get caught, I will say it's your fault.''

 

He read my answer and started to laught softly, hiding himself. The teacher looked at him, intrigued.

 

-Is there something wrong, Donghae?

-No, I was just thinking of something funny.

 

Some girls started to giggle. Donghae looked at me and smiled. I smiled a little, uncertain. This was weird, but he did make himself look less obnoxious, in my eyes anyway. He wrote something on the paper and throw it at me.

 

''I am willing to take the risks. Even if your girlfriend is scary.''

 

I shook my head quickly after reading his answer.

 

''She is not my girlfriend, she is just a really good friend!''

''Really? Oh well...''

''What?''

''Nothing, I just thought you two were together, I'm just a bit surprised''

 

The teacher almost got us. I laught a little, like him. Maybe he wasn't that bad...

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

I wish the part about the less old computer was only a made-up story...My computer is awfully old, it has a tower (you know, the giant part of the computer where you plug the screens (I have two, yeah), mouse, speakers...everything. That thing is freaking old, but it works enough to be useful).

It's 6AM and I'm freaking tired...See you later, I'm going to school. (TTwTT)