Confession...again?

Bored at School

I had to wait until later that day to get Valerie on the phone. Her parents had told me she wasn't at home. Weird, I thought she was sick...

 

-Hello?

-I had to call you, Valerie, the best thing happened to me!

-I know, you sent me like...two thousand messages on my cellphone. Want to talk about it?

-Sure I want to! I'm so happy!

 

I told her the story another time, excited by the luck I had. She wasn't talking much. It was only when I finished my story again that she talked.

 

-That's awesome for you, Hyukkie!

-Thank you for your support, I wouldn't be able to do it without you.

 

She stayed silent a few seconds.

 

-I'm happy I helped you.

-Are you feeling better?

-Yeah...

-Where were you? I tried to call you sooner, but your mom told me you were out.

 

Silence.

 

-Val?

-I'm better, thanks.

-Where were you? I'm just curious, that's all...

-I was...

 

Silence again. She sighted.

 

-I wasn't sick.

-What?

-I'm sorry. Donghae...Donghae convinced me to go out with one of his friends he made me meet a few days ago, when you went directly at home. I also thought it would be better for you to be alone with him, since I actually knew he liked you.

-You lied...?

-I'm sorry...I feel...horrible because of it.

-Why didn't you tell me?

 

I could almost hear her choosing her words. She didn't want to hurt me, I could sense it.

 

-Just tell me, Val, I'm not mad.

-Because I had to.

 

Her voice changed. Instead of being nice and friendly, she becaume a little sad and angry.

 

-You were all over Donghae, caught in your love story while I had to watch you go further away. It was hard, I just had to lied so I wouldn't stop you, because you would have for the sake of not hurting me. I just...I just want you to be happy, even if I have to get hurt on the process!

-How could I hurt you?!

-I love you!

 

I froze.

 

-You heard me! I loved you from the start! I couldn't tell you who I had a crush on because it was you all along! Donghae found out and just thought I should not be there when you confess so I would not break down and make you feel bad! I'm asking you, as a friend, to please give me some space so I can get over you. I'm sorry, I should have told you before, but I didn't want to lose you as a friend.

 

She hung up, without giving me the time to say anything. I felt sad. I had hurt my confident, such a good friend of mine, and all this time, Donghae was protecting me and her. Maybe...maybe when I heard her blow off her nose, it wasn't because she was sick, but because she had cry to the though of me confessing to someone else. All the messages I sent her, all the advises she had given me must have hurt her. I called Donghae. The second I heard his voice, I started crying because of the pain I had caused.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

One chapter left, then a bonus chapter that I am posting only if I'm asked to (which I talked about in the firsts chapters). :33