Ice Cream

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

 

~*{Chapter Nine: Ice Cream}*~

 


~*~

tumblr_m8lxczWtPj1rxgaoqo5_250.gif

~*~

 

A loud sigh left Suho's lips as he stepped out into the night time freezing air. His cheeks burned as the cold winds blew against his skin and soon a light pink, rosy colors flourished his face. The last few preparations to leave for Tokyo drained him and the tiredness could be seen in his features.  He quickly turned to lock up the restaurant and paused to gaze at the neat sign that hung above the door that read CLOSED.
 
A small smile found it's way to his lips as a wave of nostalgia flooded him and made his heart flutter slightly. He remembered when he first bought the building along side Kris after the two had worked hard for years- finally achieving the restaurant of their dreams.
 
"Suho." A soft, familiar voice called out to him and Suho whirled around- brought back into reality as his eyes landed on the Assistant General Manager. The corners of Kris' mouth was pulled up into a soft smile as he waited at the bottom steps. 
 
"Kris. I thought you left already." Suho stated with a soft smile as he walked down the front steps to Kris.
 
Kris gave a slight shrug as he pulled a scarf from his bag and wound it tightly around the shorter one before flashing a soft smile. "I thought it couldn't hurt to wait for you. Want to grab a cup of coffee?"
 
Suho pouted slightly as he tugged on Kris' coat in a gentle manner. "Coffee is bitter. I want ice cream."
 
Kris let out a soft laugh as he ran his fingers gently though Suho's light red locks. " Ice cream? In this weather? You must be crazy."
 
"I am. So let's get some. Your treat." Suho beamed as he wrapped his slim fingers around Kris' wrist and pulled the taller one along to the nearest ice cream shop.
 
"Did you finish the final preparations for the trip?" Kris asked a they had gotten their ice cream and took a seat by the shop window. 
 
"Yeah. Everything  is done. Our room booking and our spot at the competition is secured. I already told Tao, Xiumin, and Kyungsoo to be prepared. We need those three the most and it's important that they are ready."
 
Suho could see Kris' mouth pull down into a frown at the mention of Tao's name and gave a soft sigh. "Tao is a good kid. He's brilliant and talented. You saw for yourself."
 
Kris raised an eye brow as he locked gazes with the General Manager. " And why exactly are you telling me this?"
 
"Because I can see it in your eyes. You still don't completely accept him. I know that I may not be the best boss, but my character judgment is rarely ever off. I hope that you'll trust me when I say that Tao is good and I have faith in him."
 
"Suho, you know that it's not that I don't trust you." Kris murmured softly as he reached up and brushed lose strands of hair from the shorter one's face.
 
"Then what is it? Why are you so stirred up by this boy, Kris? I've never seen you like this before and I'm worried." Suho said as his eyes flickered with sincerity. Kris allowed his finger tips to brush softly against Suho's cheeks as he flashed a small smile.
 
"Nothing is wrong, Suho. Don't worry. Is just there's something about Tao..." Kris' voice trailed off as he tried to find words to explain this weird feeling that he had about the younger one, but he just couldn't find anything to say because he didn't really even know what it was about Tao that stirred him up.
 
"Oh, General Manager. Assistant General Manager." Kris and Suho looked up at the sound of the familiar voices and their eyes landed on the baby-faced hostess and the ever so forgetful server. Luhan stood with an arm thrown around Yi Xing's shoulder and a small pink spoon hanging out his mouth- covered slightly in vanilla ice cream. Yi Xing held their shared big cup of vanilla ice cream in his hands as a similar pink spoon hung from his lips as well.
 
"Hi Yi Xing, Luhan. I already told you both to just call me Suho outside of work." Suho said as he flashed the two a smile.
 
"What are you two doing out so late? We have to be at the airport early in the morning tomorrow." Kris scolded and Luhan flashed a small grin.
 
"We know, but we just decided to stop by for some ice cream. We were actually going to head back to my place since Yi Xing got k-" started Luhan but Yi Xing immediately slammed his hand over the older one's mouth.
 
"Is there something wrong? Is there something you're not telling us?" Kris asked as he watched Luhan sand Yi Xing exchange a secretive glance.
 
"I-It's nothing. I can handle it...." Yi Xing mumbled as he removed his hand from the hostess' mouth. Luhan flashed a apologetic smile at Yi Xing before turning back to the managers.
 
"Uh...y-yeah, we can handle it...it's nothing." Luhan relied back and Suho got up from his chair as he frowned at the two.
 
"We are all family. You both know that if there is anything wrong, you can always tell me." Suho said and guilt washed over Yi Xing's eyes as he heard the hurt in the General Manager's voice.
 
"I know, General Manager. It's not like that.....it's complicated and you already have enough to deal with....I don't want to bother you with unnecessary things." 
 
Luhan noticed the soft gazes between the two and his natural mischievous behavior awakened in him.
 
"Actually....to be honest, Suho sounds like a better option than me since I don't live in a big fancy condo like he does." Luhan stated out loud and Yi Xing shot him a death glare which he ignored.
 
"What? What do you mean, Luhan?" Suho asked as he saw Yi Xing's eyes lower in a threatening way at the hostess.
 
Luhan fought a grin as he released his hold around the Server and grabbed Kris by the wrist. "Well, you two talk it out and whatnot...uh, don't get me wrong Yi Xing, I love you and I'd do anything for you, but Suho should definitely know. Well, we will be going~! See you both tomorrow at the airport!" Luhan called and dragged a protesting Assistant General Manager out the ice cream shop before Suho or Yi Xing could even reply.
 
"I-I should probably go after them..." started Yi Xing as he avoided Suho's gaze and sidestepped to get past the General Manager. He quickly fled the ice cream parlor, purposely ignoring Suho's calls after him .
 
 Just moments later,  he was stopped in his tracks as slim fingers locked around his wrist. The streets were slightly empty at this time of night and Suho was glad that there weren't any obstacles that got in his way- allowing him to catch Yi Xing quickly.
 
"Yi Xing. What is wrong?" Suho asked as he pulled the server to him, their chests bumping slightly. 
 
Suho mentally cursed at himself from tugging the server too harshly and Yi Xing could feel his cheeks burn as he realized how close they actually were.
 
"I-I'm sorry. You alright?" Suho asked as he awkwardly let go of his grasp around Yi Xing wrist and pulled back. 
 
"I-I'm alright...." Yi Xing replied as his eyes stayed glued to the floor.
 
Suho didn't like that Yi Xing was avoiding eye contact and he closed the space as he cupped the taller one's face- forcing their eyes to meet.
 
"I am going to say this one last time. What's wrong, Zhang Yi Xing?"" Suho asked and Yi Xing could hear the seriousness in the shorter one's voice. Suho never used his full name- ever. Unless he was being super serious- which barely ever happened. 
 
Yi Xing stared into those soft brown orbs that gazed up at him and gave a soft sigh. " I-I um.....I was going to r-room with Luhan for a while... "
 
Suho gave a confused expression. "Why? Weren't you living with your family??"
 
 
Suho watched as Yi Xing chewed on his bottom lips with hesitation.  " I-I was....but I got kicked out and so Luhan said I could live with him in his apartment till I could find the time to look for my own...."
 
Yi Xing was a rich kid and Suho knew that the server lived with his family in a huge mansion. He couldn't see why the taller one would be kicked out since he was dotted over by his parents and it seemed unlikely that Yi Xing did something bad to get kicked out.
 
Suho let out a soft sigh as he ran hi fingers gently through Yi Xing's hair. "Where's your stuff?"
 
Yi Xing lowered his eyes as he shuffled his feet slightly. " I only have a suitcase of clothes and I still have to go pick it up from my parent's house...other than that I don't really have anything else. I mean I have money saved up in my own bank and stuff, but in regards to actual stuff, my clothes are all I really have since I've been disowned basically....."
 
Suho could see the taller one's eyes glisten with wet tears as Yi Xing fought to hold back his tears.  Suho wanted to ask what exactly happened, but he could clearly see that the Server wasn't ready to talk about it. Suho gave a bright smile as he playfully ruffled Yi Xing's hair.
 
"Then you can come room with me till you find a suitable apartment." Suho said and Yi Xing shook his head frantically.
 
"N-No! It's alright! I couldn't possible ask that of you, General Manager!" Yi Xing protested, but Suho wasn't having it. He put on a playful glare as he puffed his cheeks.
 
"I told you to call me Suho outside of work! And I don't mind, Yi Xing. I have extra space in my condo and it really wouldn't be a burden to me at all. Also, I would relax knowing that you were under my roof. I wouldn't have to worry about whether you were okay or not and whether you were warm or not etc,etc. So, I won't take no for an answer! Alright?"
 
Yi Xing frowned slightly, but nodded his head. " A-Alright...b-but I'll leave as soon as possible and I'll pay rent and-" blurted Yi Xing, but Suho lifted a hand to silence the other one.
 
"For now, how about we just go get your clothes? Then we can worry about all that stuff after we come back from Japan, alright?" Suho asked and Yi Xing nodded as a blush coursed through his cheeks.
 
"A-Alright....b-but, I should go alone when I go get my clothes..."

Suho frowned. He didn't want to send the taller one by himself because in all honesty, Suho could see some fear flicker in the Server's eyes.

"I'll go with you, but I'll wait outside till you get your stuff. How does that sound?' Suho asked softly and Suho was sure he could see some relief flicker in Yi XIng's eyes.

"I-I guess that works...." 

"Then, lead the way." Suho said before flashing a small smile.

 

~*~

 

Suho's eyes widen with shock as the sound of the suit case hitting the ground and Yi XIng's mother slapping the Server echoed through the night time air. He froze, not sure what to do, as Yi Xing stood staring at the ground while his parents glared down at their child with pure and absolute disgust written in their features.

There was no words exchanged as Yi Xing simply bowed to his tearful mother and outraged father before turning to pick his thrown suitcase from the cold ground. The intensity could be felt in the air and it was almost suffocating. Yi Xing simply set his suitcase upright and gave a sorrowful smile  towards the General Manager. 

Suho didn't understand, but understood all at the same time. When Yi Xing had said he was getting disowned, he wasn't lying. 

"Let's go." Yi Xing said softly, breaking the silence as he began walking away from his parents who just glared after him. Suho shot them one last glance as he bowed slightly and trailed after the Server.

They walked in silence for a while as Yi Xing enjoyed the cold wind hitting softly against his bruised cheek. He could hear Suho's steps behind him and he cleared his throat loudly.

"I'm sorry you had to see that...." Yi Xing whispered softly. So softly that Suho almost missed it. Silence befell them once more, but this time Yi Xing felt slim fingers slipped between his own. 

"S-Suho..??" stammered Yi Xing as he stopped in his tracks and stared with wide eyes at their intertwined fingers. Suho smiled up at Yi Xing as he tightened his grip and noticed that Yi Xing's face was flushed- unsure if it was from the slap or from the cold winds or from something else.

"It'll be alright. " Suho said softly and they locked gazes. 

"I hope so..." 

Suho began to tug Yi Xing along, keeping their fingers tightly locked together.  "It will be alright. Trust me. I'm here, so don't feel afraid to lean on me during times like this. I may be an out dated gramps and all, but I'm useful for atleast this much. "

Yi Xing grinned softly at Suho. "Thanks, General Manager."

Suho pouted once more at the Server. "Stop calling me that outside of work~"

Yi Xing laughed at the shorter one's whine. "Thank you, Suho."

Suho cracked a grin as well. "Much better and you are welcome Yi Xing. It'll be alright." Suho repeated and Yi Xing gave the shorter one's hand a gentle squeeze.

"Because you're here?"

"Yup, because I'm here."

"Gramps...." teased Yi Xing and a playful growl slipped from Suho's lips.

"Shut it!" 

Yi Xing suddenly stopped in his tracks and let go of his suitcase as he pulled the shorter one into a soft hug. Suho tensed up due to shock as he felt the taller one snuggled into him.

"Thank you, Suho. Thank you." Yi Xing's voice was soft and slightly cracked at the end. He could feel a few drops of wet tears fall onto the crook of his neck. 

A small smile found it's way to Suho's lips as he reached up and wrapped his arms around the taller one- rubbing soothing circles on the small of Yi Xing's back as the faint smell of vanilla filled his nose.

"It's alright....it's alright...Gramps is here...." 

 

~*~

 


AN:// another update :O.....I'll probably update tomorrow as well...so leave comments so I know which couple you guys want to see more of :P it will help me with motivation for writing a new chapter if I see that everyone wants to see some action between some couples...anyways hoped you enjoyed the small chapter :) authornim loves you all and I appreciate all the comments :) and to be honest, some of you have me rollin' with laughter when I read your comments xD i even tell a best friend of mine everytime I see one of you post something funny, it literally makes my day xD ~