Iced Mocha

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 
 
 
 
 
||~*{ Chapter Thirty-Five: Iced Mocha }*~||
 

 

~*~

iced-mocha.jpg

~*~

 

"I object." Baekhyun stated firmly, lips pushing forward into a small pout.
 
"Overruled. Now shut up and it up." Kris hissed as he struggled to shove the last of the baggage into the back of one of the two rented vans.
 
They were finally getting ready to head to the recreational resort Suho had booked for the weekend and all was going well until the rooming situation had been brought up. 
 
"But I wanna room with Tao~!" Baekhyun whined, clinging on to the slightly drowsy Pastry Chef.
 
"You can't. He's rooming with Sehun. You're stuck with Chanyeol and that's final. Everyone get your asses in the car and lets go!" Groaned Kris and Baekhyun whined louder in response as he pleadingly looked over to where Suho stood.
 
"General Manager~" 
 
Suho shrugged, flashing an apologetic smile towards the short line cook." I'm sorry, Baekhyun-ah, I really want to to help, but Kris-"
 
"Baekhyun. Just. Get. Your. . In. The. Car. We are already late! Group B staff are already at the resort!" Groaned Kris just as everyone else began piling into the rented vans.
 
"I don't mind sharing with Baekhyun-Hyung. He can share a bed with me." Tao mumbled, eyes still partially close from exhaustion- missing the flicker of jelousy across Chanyeol's eyes.
 
"No, Tao. You don't have to do that. It's not fair to you. Baekhyun, I will not say it again, you will room with Chanyeol. That's final. Kyungsoo, where the hell is Kai? Why is he never here on time?!" hissed Kris, practically shoving Baekhyun into the van.
 
The Sous Chef worriedly glanced down at his wristwatch before offering Kris a sheepish smile. "I-I'm not too sure...he said he'd be here fifteen minutes ago...."
 
Almost if on cue, Kai came jogging along, suitcase in one hand and an ice mocha in the other. Just the mere sight of the young bartender caused Kyungsoo's cheeks to heat and before he knew it, his heart had began to painfully flutter against his ribcage. Lately, Kai just had that affect on him and Kyungsoo was at a loss at how to deal with it. Dealing with a used-to-be-playboy-now-proclaimed-serious-crush just wasn't on Kyungsoo's skills list. He can cook, make some pretty damn good coffee, do latte art, but dealing with Kai was one thing he didn't know how to do- and that bugged him
 
"Hey guys! Sorry I'm late! I had to make a quick stop by the cafe~" Kai grinned, oblivious to Kris' deathly glare. He was wearing a gray v-neck, a nice white cardigan over top, and faded skinny jeans with combat boots and Kyungsoo really couldn't look away. 
 
"Whatever, just get in the damn car before I reconsider keeping you alive." Kris snapped, before heading to one of the vans and sliding into the driver's seat. 
 
"Glad you can make it, Kai. Now let's go. You, Kyungsoo, Xiumin, Chen, Yi Xing,and I are riding in the same van. "Suho said, flashing a soft smile before getting into the driver's seat of their van.
 
Before Kyungsoo could even blink, Kai had already tugged him along to sit in the back seat while leaving Xiumin to shove his baggage into the trunk.
 
"Y-you know, everyone waited for a long time because of you and all for some damn ice mocha...." Grumbled Kyungsoo, but trailed off as Kai silently reached over to buckle the Sous Chef's seatbelt. 
 
Kyungsoo had immedietly gone stiff as he could feel the heat radiating off of Kai and a strong scent of coffee filled the shorter one's nostrils-a scent that seemed almost embedded into Kai's skin. 
 
"Hyung, I didn't get this for me. I got it for you. It's getting kind of warm, so I thought you'd enjoy this. I'm sorry to have kept you waiting." Kai murmured softly, gently handing the ice mocha towards the Sous Chef with a soft smile.
 
Kyungsoo' eyes widened softly as he stared down at the ice mocha in his hands and back up at Kai, who was now settling into his own seat.
 
"T-Thank you. I...um...I appreciate it." 
 
Kai simply smiled back before reaching down and intertwining his fingers with Kyungsoo's free hand just as the others finished piling into van.
 
Kyungsoo's cheeks flourished with a bright pink color as he stared down at their intertwined fingers. Kai was calmly chatting with Xiumin, eyes facing the front with his fingers tightly locked around Kyungsoo's in a gentle manner. 
 
Kyungsoo, however, wasn't calm despite his poker face and decided to distract his racing thoughts as he sipped at his ice mocha. 
 
Their fingers didn't seperate the whole ride and Kai even gave gentle squeezes here and there everytime Xiumin said something funny or interesting. The Executive Chef attempted multiple times to engage in a conversation with the Sous Chef as well, but Kyungsoo was too far distracted by Kai's presence in general to really interact. 
 
 
Once at the resort, everyone piled out the vans and much to Kyungsoo's dismay, Kai slipped his fingers from Kyungsoo's- leaving the Sous Chef to feel rather empty.
 
"Siwan-Hyung! Henry-Hyung!" Kai called happily,just as they all entered the resort hotel lobby, only to be greeted by two members of the Group B staff.
 
"Our little Kai!" The two other chefs called happily, getting up from their spots on the bench to engluf Kai in a bear hug.
Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he became hit with a twinge of jealousy.No way was he feeling jealous over his own coworkers...over Kai nonetheless....no way.
 
"Wahhh! General Manager wasn't kidding when he said you guys were coming too! What are you two doing down here? Where are the others?" Kai beamed, finally pulling out of his hug to smile up at his hyungs.
 
"They're all in their rooms to rest for a bit. We came down here to just walk around and see all the different stuff the resort has. I heard there's a spa! We should defienitly go on the last day! But, hey, after you're done packing, come down so we can show you this cool preview for a new game coming out next month." Henry grinned and Kai nodded in agreement.
 
"Sounds great. Lemme just head up stairs with the others and I'll be back in a few." Kai said.
 
"Okay!" Siwan smiled, before the two turned to greet Suho.
 
Kyungsoo had been silently watching the whole time while Kris and a few of the others went out to get all the luggage. He hadn't realized he was staring and quickly averted his eyes when Kai's gaze met his own.
 
"Kyungsoo-Hyung-" started Kai, causing Kyungsoo's head to whip up in shock, but the younger one was interrupted by Luhan dragging a poor, flushed busser.
 
"I got the keys! Lets go~" Luhan sang happily as he dragged Sehun towards the elevator and pushed the button, with Yi Xing and Baekhyun trailing behind.
 
Kai let out a soft sigh before grabbing Kyungsoo's hand while flashing the shorter one a soft smile." Let's go, Hyung."
 
Kyungsoo nodded, yet another stupid blush flourishing his cheeks, as he followed the younger one towards the elevator- unable to hide the small smile itching to fight it's way to his lips. He couldn't deny the fact that he loved the way Kai's warmth made him feel. Just the mere action of Kai holding his hand was enough to fight away the boiling jealousy and replace it with a soft, fluttering feeling.
 
Too caught up in Kai's presence, Kyungsoo, who normally was more observant than anyone else, failed to notice the paling look on a certain busser's face.
 
 
||~*~||
 
 
 
The elevator finally arrived and a small ding could be heard before the doors slid open.
 
"Come on, Sehun! So we can beat them upstairs!" Luhan called as he ,Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Yi Xing, and Kai stepped onto the elavator, noticing that Sehun hadn't moved from his spot.
 
The young busser looked nervous as he eyed the elevator, unsure of what to do. "N-No, I think I should wait here for T-Tao...you guys go on ahead. "
 
"Sehun? Sehun-ah? Are you okay? " Kyungsoo asked softly , finally noticing how Sehun was slightly trembling. He slipped his hand from Kai's, earning a irratated look from the bartender, as he moved to step out- only to be stopped by Kai.
 
"Yah, don't be silly. We're not leaving you down here by yourself. " Kai hissed, clearly tired as he yanked the younger busser into the elevator before yanking Kyungsoo back by his side.
 
"N-No, Kai, really it's alright. I -I will wait-" Sehun protested, slightly holding onto Kyungsoo as if his knees had no strenght. He made a move to step out again, slightly tumbling forward and nearly falling if it had not been for Kyungsoo's fast reflexes.
 
"Sehun?" Luhan called softly.
 
"Sehun? What's wrong?" Kyungsoo panicked, wrapping his arms gently around the slightly flailing busser. 
"T-Tao...I need..."
 
Jealousy goes both ways and Kai didn't particularly like how Kyungsoo was gently holding a struggling Sehun.
 
"Stop struggling and stay still!" 
 
"Kai, please...! I don't-!'
 
Sehun's heart sunk as his breath caught in his throat the moment the elevator door closed. The real panic set in and his vision blurred as his lungs began to feel heavy. He tuned out Luhan's and Kyungsoo's voices that seemed thick with worry as his vision began to blacken.
He needs Tao and he needed him now. He wanted to struggle and kick his way from the arms that held him, but he found that he had absolutely no strength as his heart hammered in his ears. A small squeak left his lips as the jolt of the elavator made the nauseting feeling hit him in a powerful blow.
 
He felt his consciousness leave him just a his nose caught the faint fragrance of coffee from the arms that were wrapped tightly around him.
 
It must be Kyungsoo.....
 
 
~*~
 
 

||Author's Note|| Hey guys! Sorry for updating so slow! OTL I had planned to update my other stories...but that had gotten me no where. Lol. Anyways, here's a small chapter. I will be updating my other fics though. Its just been a little hard since i have alot of after school clubs and i decided to take an online extra class after school. so ive been pretty busy snd whatnot. but hey~ here's some kaisoo ;D kyungsoo's thoughts will be coming out more because i love jealous,sassy, chidish, demanding, dominating Kyungsoo. and no worries about Baekyeol...ill be fixing them soon xD and some intense hunhan and taoris moments are already beind worked on ^^ I'll try to update soon ^^ and really, think you all for the love, comments, and upvotes ^^ it means the world. I love you all! ^^ (Ignore spelling mistakes and grammer)
 
P.S
Holy the idol championship.
Taohun moments in its full glory.
;____; and SuTao moments and ChanTao moments....
I just can't.
The feels
/cries
 
P.S.S
I really want to take this time to thank a few of my subscribers that have commented nearly every chapter. Surprisingly there is too many of you to name, but I do recognize familiar users. ( also, some of the people I fricken idoliz because they're fanfic gods have commented and subscribed to this story and you don't know how badly I spazzed, but could not bring myself to talk to them because I am an awkward giraffe.) to those of you who always offer words of encouragement and support, I thank you all. I recently had thought of giving up writing because I had run into some pretty rude people on here and tumblr. But there's alot of you who offered sweet words and I don't think there are words to explain how greatful I am. Every comment and all the encouraging messages on my wall and in my inbox made me rethink my decision. So thank you and I truly and honestly love you all.^^ -Seunsangnim 
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
 
P.S.S.S
ill put a gif/pic later when I can access a computer ^^