Baekhyun's Discovery

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

 

~*{ Chapter Twenty: Baekhyun's Discovery }*~

 


 
~*~
 
 
"Are you alright?" Luhan asked softly as he approached the young busser.
 
The younger one was perched on the cushioned bench in the hotel lobby with his knees pulled up to his chest as his head laid buried in his arms that rested on his knee caps.
 
He didn't even stir and Luhan assumed it was safe to proceed as he took a seat right next to the younger one.
 
"Do you wanna talk about it?" The hostess offered gently, yet there was  still no response from the busser.
 
Luhan scooted closer as he gently placed a hand on Sehun's shoulder and he didn't miss how the shorter one tensed up at the contact.
 
"It's about Tao, isn't it? You know, you don't have to hold anything in. You can talk to me and I promise I won't say a word to anyone." Luhan murmured softly and much to his surprise, the younger one lifts his head slightly to peer up at the hostess.
 
"How are you so sure it's about Tao?" Sehun questioned and Luhan simply laughed lightly before flashing a small smile towards the younger one.
 
"Because everyone, and I do mean everyone, knows that your emotional mood swings alway involve Tao. It's so painfully obvious that it's almost funny." teased Luhan and a small pout found it's way to the younger one's lips.
 
"I don't have emotional mood swings." 
 
"Yes, yes you do. The first time was when we were in the break room. When Yi Xing and I mentioned Tao, you got a little angry. As well as at the dinner table when Kai was whining about him, you also got angry. " pointed out Luhan with a triumphant smile.
 
"Well, Because..." mumbled Sehun and Luhan couldn't help but noticed the faint blush that flourished the younger one's cheeks.
 
"Because what? " Luhan pressed, finding it strangely cute how the younger one was avoiding eye contact.
 
A small puff left Sehun's lips as he returned to burying his face into his arms. "Fine. Maybe I do have mood swings, but it's only because Tao is the closest person to me in the whole world. He's been by my side for as long as I can remember and when I saw him drop to the floor, groaning in pain, I just...." 
 
Luhan could hear the younger one's voice crack and a small sting in his chest led him to scoot closer to throw an arm around the busser's shoulder.
 
"You were scared, weren't you?" Luhan suggested softly as he began rubbing soothing circles on Sehun's shoulder.
 
Sehun's head lifted slightly at the sudden contact to peer up at the hostess as he nodded. "Yes...."
 
"It's alright. We were all scared. To have that happen to one of our own members is terrifying and thank god it wasn't third degree burns. "
 
"Yes, but because I couldn't even keep myself together, I costed us  points in the second half.If I had messed up even just one more time, Tao's hard work would've been all for nothing. Everyone's hard work would've been for nothing."
 
"Don't blame yourself for that. We made it to the second round , Tao and Kyungsoo are both healing, and that's all that matters. No one is angry, so don't feel bad. Now, we should get going because Tao's waiting to see you. He was quite worried once he noticed you were missing. That crazy idiot even tried to get up out of bed in his weak state. So, shall we go? " Luhan flashed a small smile as he reached over to ruffle the younger one's hair slightly- earning a barely noticeable blush on the busser's cheeks.
 
"A-Alright...." Sehun mumbled as he gave a quick nod and Luhan laughed lightly before getting up- pulling the younger one up with him.
 
"Ya know, I was just thinking that Tao has an adorable side to him, but maybe he's not the only one~" teased Luhan as he pinched Sehun's cheek lightly and turned to head back to the room without realizing that he awoke a strange feeling in the younger one.
 
 
~*~
 
 
"ZiZi~" Sehun whined as he busted into the room and quickly threw his arms around his beat friend. A small laugh left Tao's lips as he hugged Sehun closer and gently ran his finger's through the shorter one's locks.
 
Tao glanced up at the hostess and flashed a small smile. "Thank you."
 
Luhan returned the smile as he quickly waved his hand. "Don't mention it."
 
Tao turned his attention back to the young busser that was clinging on to him and ignored the other staff's eyes on them as he squeezed the shorter one even tighter.
 
"I'm sorry." murmured Tao softly and Sehun yanked back from the taller one's hold to glare up at him.
 
"No, ZiZi. Don't you dare start taking the blame. This was my fault and I'm so sorry. I just- I was worried and you fainted and I was afraid that it would've been like last time when you nearly-"
 
Tao quickly placed a finger on the shorter one's lips to stop him from talking as he didn't want the others to hear Sehun finish that sentence.
 
"Shhs, Shhs, it's alright. It's all alright." Tao soothed and Sehun pulled back to peer up at his best friend- tears b his eyes.
 
"S-So you're not mad?"
 
A loud laugh, one Kris has never heard before, came from the Pastry Chef as he ruffled the shorter one's hair.
 
"Of course not, silly."
 
Sehun's cheeks puffed up as if he was getting ready to cry and he launched himself once more at the taller one- ignoring Tao's injured arm and knocking both of them backwards as giggles escaped their lips.
 
Xiumin, getting moved by the two, also surprising joined the two as he piled on top of them.
 
"Executive Chef!" Tao gasped between a small laugh as Xiumin squished the younger two beneath him.
 
"Punishment for being reckless and stupid and getting yourself hurt instead of letting me take the heat." Xiumin playfully growled.
 
"Oh, oh, oh, dog pile!" sang Chanyeol, who eventually joined in- followed by Chen and Luhan shortly after.
 
"Guys! Stap! I can't breath~" squeaked Sehun , all traces of tears gone, as the weight above him seemed to increase drastically.
 
A bright smile graced Suho's lips as he watched his own staff members play around despite all the trouble they encountered earlier.
 
"They're kind of cute." mumbled Kris not meaning for anyone to hear it, but of course - Baekhyun did.
 
"Oh my god, Assistant General Manager's Sick!" blurted Baekhyun as he daringly pointed an accusing finger at the taller one- only to relieve a glare in return.
 
"Huh?" 
 
"He just called you all-" started Baekhyun, only to have the taller one's hand slam right over his mouth.
 
"Shut it. Or I'll destroy you." hissed Kris, only loud enough for the short line cook to hear.
 
The shorter one quickly swatted the Assistant General Manager's hand away before a daring smirk perched on his lips. He tiptoed up till his lips were placed right along the taller one's earlobe.
 
"This change of character I'm noticing, does it by chance have anything to do with the new additions to our group?" Baekhyun questioned before pulling back and to his surprise, the taller one's cheeks displayed a soft pink tint. The line cook's jaw instantly drop at the new discovery he made. "Oh my god..."
 
"Okay! Everyone out! Give Pastry Chef Tao and Sehun time to rest!" snapped Kris before he stormed out.
 
"Baekhyun, what did you say to him?" Yi Xing questioned and Baekhyun just grinned as he headed towards the door.
 
"Nothing all that important~"
 

~*~

 


AN://So I know I said I'd update Sunday's, but stuff happened and I couldn't lol. And yeah~ anyways I know not much ishappening in this chapter, but be prepared for fluff and el drama within the next few weeks because I have so many days off this month~ so yeah~ more updates ^^ anyways hopes you enjoyed the small chapter, sorry for the lateness, I'll be sure to make it up in the next few chapters ~ ignore spelling mistakes and Authornim loves you all ;__; <3