Whip Cream & Brownies

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

 

~*{Chapter Eleven: Whip Cream & Brownies)*~

 


 

~*~

tumblr_m9dkptgZ0Z1rxgaoqo5_250.gif

 

~*~

 

 

 

A loud sigh escaped Kyungsoo's lips as he seated himself between the awkward Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They had all safely landed in Japan and Suho suggested it'd be a great idea to take everyone out to a near by japanese restaurant for dinner- to which many objected, but got dragged along regardless.

Chanyeol was unusually quiet and Kyungsoo had realized that the taller had been like that since the Chen-caused-accidental kiss. He glanced around the table and sighed at what he saw.

Chen staring at Xiumin with a hungry look in his eyes.

Xiumin blushing as he stared blankly at the menu.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol stirring uncomfortably in their seats.

Kris looking at Tao as if he was ready to just devour the boy in seconds.

Tao catering to a still slightly jet-lagged Sehun.

Luhan stealing glances a said jet-lagged busser.

Suho doting over Yi Xing.

And Kai- Well Kai was looking at him with intense eyes.

As for the other staff members, they were all into their own little worlds at the table next to theirs.

A loud groan left Kyungsoo's lips- causing everyone's attention now on him.

"What's wrong, Kyungsoo?" Suho asked and Kyungsoo blushed as he lowered his eyes. He didn't mean for the groan to slip from his lips and he fidgeted slightly in his seat.

"N-Nothing..." Kyungsoo grumbled out and he felt fingers run gently through his hair. He glanced up to see Chanyeol smiling down softly at him. 

"It's Kai, isn't it?" Chanyeol asked once he had leaned in and whispered it low enough for only the Sous Chef to hear. Kyungsoo chewed on his bottom lip as he glanced at Chanyeol suspiciously.

"H-How did you know...?" 

"Because I saw."

Kyungsoo squeaked loudly as he bolted up from his chair- rattling the table as he knee brushed against it. Everyone got quiet and just stared at the scene infront of them. 

"What?" Kris asked, curious as to why the Sous Chef was beet red.

"I....uhh....I..." stammered Kyungsoo and before he made a bigger fool out of himself, he reached down- wrapping his fingers around Chanyeol's wrist. "I need to talk to Chanyeol."

He quickly pulled Chanyeol towards the bathroom- leaving everyone staring after them with confusion written in their features.

"I wonder what that's about...." Baekhyun grumbled, jealousy detected in his voice. 

"Oooo, maybe a lovers quarrel~" sung Chen- only to receive a deathly glare from Kai.

Kyungsoo shoved Chanyeol into the bathroom, ignoring the taller one's protest, and gripped onto the taller one's shoulder in panic. 

"You saw?! You s-saw us in...." Kyungsoo tried to ask, but his cheeks flushed and he couldn't get the words out. Chanyeol smiled at the adorable Sous Chef.

"Yes. I saw you both in the kitchen. You were on Kai's lap and he was basically shoving your fingers down his throat. Oh and then you like went all bipolar and stormed out the kitchen." explained Chanyeol and he tried to fight the smirk itching to find it's way to his lips as Kyungsoo blushed even harder.

"I-It's not what it looked like..." mumbled Kyungsoo.

"What happened? Why'd you storm off?"

"Because....! Kai was just pulling me into his own pace and I couldn't think straight and......"

Chanyeol watched as Kyungsoo hesitated.

"And?" he pressed and Kyungsoo gave a sigh.

"There was a hickey on his neck...." 

Chanyeol nodded slowly as he took in the information. "Well....to be frankly honest with you, why are you even surprised? Kai's known for goin' around the block...if ya' know what I mean."

Kyungsoo's eyes lowered, looking ready to cry,  and Chanyeol felt bad for the vulnerable looking Sous Chef. He wrapped his lengthy arms around the shorter one's waist and pulled him into a gentle hug. 

"It'll be alright. I think I understand what you're feeling. You must be just straight out confused since Kai's the type to go along and just drag you to his own pace. Don't fret so much, Sous Chef. I don't like this weak, sad expression on you. You're cuter when you smile."

The compliment made Kyungsoo blushed and the shorter one playfully hit softly on Chanyeol's chest. "What man likes to be called cute..."

Chanyeol scoffed as he nuzzled his nose into Kyungsoo's coffee scented hair. " Psht, there are alot of people who wish to be called cute. Stupid~"

"Yah! I'm a higher rank than you! Who are you calling stupid!" grumbled Kyungsoo as he pulled onto Chanyeol's ear.

Chanyeol laughed, soon joined by Kyungsoo's own laugh, and he pulled the shorter one even closer. "You finally laughed."

A sweet smile graced Kyungsoo's plump lips as he gazed up at Chanyeol. "Thanks for that....I needed to laugh at something. Even if it is your stupidity."

A playful growl left Chanyeol's lips as he leaned down to bite onto Kyungsoo's pale neck. "Who are you callin' stupid?"

"C-Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo gasped and Chanyeol pulled back with a cheeky grin as he stared at the fresh mark- completely visible on Kyungsoo's neck. 

"An eye-for-an-eye I suppose. Now you have one too. Let's see what Kai has to say about that." 

"Stupid~ Causing unnecessary trouble."

Chanyeol shrugged. "I'm just bitter and have nothing better to do. Baek is practically avoiding me and I don't want to even speak to Chen right now."

"Speaking of which, the kiss with Baekhyun.....what's going on?"

"Huh?"

"I'm asking if you like Baekhyun."

"Oh."

"Well????"

Chanyeol sighed and ran his fingers through his hair once. "I don't know....To be honest, I just don't know. "

Kyungsoo sighed and cupped the taller one's face to bring their foreheads together.

" Don't fret, Chanyeol." Kyungsoo mumbled, returning the taller one's words. A grin spread across Chanyeol's face as he gazed down at the Sous Chef.

"Thanks, Sous Chef. Well, shall we go now? It looks kind of weird for two guys to be 'talking' in the bathroom this long." 

Kyungsoo gave a soft laugh and nodded. "Alright. Let's go and what was said between us, stays between us. Got it?"

"Got it, Kyungsoo~" 

 

"Oh look at the happy couple..." mumbled Chen and everyone turned their gazes to see Chanyeol and Kyungsoo walk out from the bathroom. Chanyeol was whispering something, causing the Sous Chef to giggle, and giggled himself at Kyungsoo's reply.

"Nice to see that they get along..." grumbled Baekhyun. 

"Oh I'm sure it's more than just 'getting along'." Chen said- knowing very well he was just adding fuel to the fire. Especially since a certain bartender's blood was beginning to boil. Baekhyun kicked Chen from under the table and a small whimper left the line cook's lips.

They stopped their conversations once the two had reached the table. They all noticed as Chanyeol pulled the chair out for Kyungsoo, earning a sweet smile form the Sous Chef.

"So...what took you both so long?" asked Kai, finally speaking up. Chanyeol just flashed a sheepish grin as he scratched at the back of his head.

"Nothing really....just somethin'."

 

Everyone took note of the secretive smiles and giggles they shared between each other throughout the whole dinner as they failed to notice the deadly stares from the bartender and line cook.

The final fuse for Kai happened when they were having dessert.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol decided to share a brownie bowl with whip cream topping- further sparking curiosity of the others around them.

Chanyeol ate with a certain clumsiness that ended up with food all around the corners of his mouth. Kyungsoo giggled and reached up, wiping at the remnants of the brownies and whip cream.

"Yah! Eat with some manners!' teased Kyungsoo and Chanyeol frowned as he pinched playfully at Kyungsoo's nose.

"Leave me alone~" whined Chanyeol before cracking a grin. 

Kai glanced at Baekhyun and rolled his eyes before looking back at Kyungsoo- and that's when he saw it. A clear and purple bite mark peering from underneath Kyungsoo's shirt.

Kai's fork slipped out of hand and onto the table as his eyes stayed glued to the mark on Kyungsoo.

"What's wrong, Kai?" Xiumin asked softly as he noticed the murderous glare in Kai's eyes.

"Kyungsoo-hyung..." Kai called through his teeth- drawing the shorter one from his conversation with Chanyeol.

"What?" Kyungsoo said- sounding cold to everyone who heard it.

"The mark...." Kai hissed and everyone looked at the bartender in confusion. Kyungsoo's face flourished when he remembered the mark on his neck that Chanyeol gave him. 

Kai saw the shorter one blush furiously as he glanced at Chanyeol- giving Kai the answer to the question he had wanted to ask.

ing Chanyeol.

That bastard had marked his Kyungsoo.

Kai bolted from his seat and stormed over to the Sous Chef that stared up at him with frightened eyes.

"Come with me." growled Kai as he reached for the Sous Chef's wrist, but Chanyeol stopped him.

"He is your senior. Speak to him with respect." Chanyeol said, his usual playful personality gone.

The table grew quiet as they watched the scene unfold infront of them. No one really knew what was going on, but everyone certainly knew that whatever it was couldn't be good.

"Kyungsoo-hyung, would you please come with me." Kai spoke through his teeth and Kyungsoo lowered his eyes.

"No."

"Kyungsoo-hyung-" started Kai, but Chanyeol pried the bartender's fingers from Kyungsoo's wrist.

"You heard him. He said no." Chanyeol stated, his eyes lowering.

Kai let out a groan before he shot the tall line cook a glare. 

"Whatever." He growled and stormed out of the restaurant.

Baekhyun slowly got from his seat and glared down at Kyungsoo before going after Kai- leaving behind a tense atmosphere for the others to suffocate in.

 

~*~

 


AN:// wha...another update :P, don't hate me to bad ~ oh and for those of you who are wondering about the taohun relationship, the SuRis relationship, and the Yi XIng secret.....they will all end up being revealed eventually, so dont worry :3 Anyways hoped you enjoyed the small chapter and authornim loves you all~ <3 off to do homework I go~~~