Age Is Just A Number

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

~*{Chapter Two: Age Is Just A Number}~*

 

 


~*~

img_dessert_sinCake.jpg

 

~*~

"I bet five bucks that Kris will throw him out." Xiumin heard Baekhyun mummbled to Chanyeol as everyone eventually gathered to watch Tao move around the kitchen. Xiumin watched with fascination at how quickly Tao was moving and how quickly he was thinking. 

"I bet ten that the kid will stay. I mean look how fast he's working. He may be young but he certainly has the presence of a professional. " replied Chanyeol and Xiumin gave both of them a soft kick to shut them up.

"Hush and watch...." Xiumin hissed and a small snicker escaped Kyungsoo's lips.

When Tao said he was going to make everything from scratch- he wasn't kidding. Xiumin watched as Tao pulled various of things from the stock cabinet and freezer. 

"Don't you think it's kind of unfair how no one told him...?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Told him what?" Sehun asked softly as he inched closer to Kyungsoo and Xiumin.

Chanyeol grinned as he turned to Sehun. "That there's only been one person who's ever satisfied Kris' tastebuds and everyone else who failed were kicked out. That's why it took so long for us to find a Pastry Chef....man, Tao is good. You can just tell, but I hope Kris doesn't let his pride and ego get in the way of keeping him or else we'd have to spend another couple months looking for someone else." 

"He'll do fine." Sehun pressed and he grabbed Xiumin's attention.

"How are you so sure?" Xiumin asked and a small smile found it's way to Sehun's lips.

"Because I know Tao and I've tasted his sweets before. I don't normally eat sweets, but there's something about his sweets that are unique and different. He makes you want to eat more and more.  I don't know what it is, but when I say that he'll do fine- he will because there is no one in this world that is as talented and creative as he is when it comes to pastry making." Sehun answered and the look in his eyes ressembled that of a mother who's praising her child.

"He's that good?" Kyungsoo asked and Sehun nodded.

"Yes. You'll see."

 

~*~

 

"It's a Chocolate Expresso cake with a handmade strawberry sauce." Tao stated as he placed various of plates with pieces of cake in front of Kris, Suho, Xiumin, and Kyungsoo.

"Whaaa....it looks so good...." Xiumin exclaimed and Tao's lips pulled up in a smirk when he saw the older Chef drool. 

"Your presentation is lovely and simple. Gives off a professional feel.." mumbled Kyungsoo.

Tao turned to Suho and motion towards the plate. "Please try some first, Boss."

Suho flashed a small smile at Tao before picking up his fork and cutting a piece from the cake. Everyone's eyes were glued to Suho as he took the first bite. He chewed slowly and as he was thinking hard about the taste, Xiumin and Kyungsoo also took small bites. Kris sat, unmoving, and watched for the reaction of the others.

A bright smile lit Xiumin's face as he grinned up at the younger one. "It's amazing!"

"I have to agree with Xiumin." Kyungsoo added as he stared shocked at the younger one. Tao had to bite his bottom lip to keep from laughing when he watched Xiumin gobble down his piece of cake.

Kyungsoo got up and shared his cake with some other staff memebers as Suho took another bite. "It really is fantastic, Tao. Kris,  you should try some."

Kris couldn't refuse Suho's suggestion so he eventually took a bite as well. He chewed slowly and his eyes lowered. Everyone waited for his reaction- but there was none. He simply sat his fork back down and walked out the room quietly. Tao frowned as he turned to Suho.

"I'm taking it that the dessert didn't suit his tastes?" Tao asked softly and suddenly Baekhyun brust out laughing- followed by Chanyeol's loud laugh.

"No...He walked out cause he liked it! If he didn't, he would've thrown you out in seconds! Baek, you owe me ten bucks!" Chanyeol said through his laugh.

Xiumin got up-plate completely cleaned- and slug an arm around Tao's shoulder. "You my friend, are a Pastry-God. Please never leave- ever."

"Well, welcome to the staff, Tao. It really was amazing. So young, yet so talented!' Suho praised as he ran his fingers gently through Tao's hair.

"Well, you know what they say gramps, age is just a number." chimed in Chen, only to be kicked in the shin by Xiumin.

"What did I tell you about respecting the General Manager!" hissed Xiumin. Chen simply grinned as he reached up and wiped the excess sauce from the corner's of Xiumin's mouth- satisfied when he saw a light pink tint flourish the Executive Chef's cheeks.

"Geez...need a bib much?" jeered Chen, but this time he dodged Xiumin's attempt to hit him.

"Nice job, Tao." Sehun said as he lightly patted Tao on the back.

"Thanks..." Tao shot a tired smile at Sehun before turning back to Suho.

"Well, we see that you are pretty capable as a Pastry Chef. Now, you and Sehun should follow Xiumin to get your uniforms from the locker room and assign them a locker as well. When you're done, come find me later to get your work hours finialized and all that extra stuff. Again, nice job, Tao." Suho said and he turned to head back to his office.

Tao and Sehun followed Xiumin to the back towards the locker rooms as they chatted quietly. Along the way, they ended up bumping in to Kris and as he tried to walk by, Tao caught his wrist. Tao whirled Kris around to where they were facing each other. Xiumin and Sehun paused as they held thier breath- unsure of what was happening, but fearing for Tao anyways.Tao closed the space between them and placed his lips near Kris' earlobe.

" You see, you ignorant , age is just a number. You should really learn to not judge others by looks or age." Tao growled under his breath- making sure Kris was the only one who could hear him. He pulled back and a cocky smile graced his lips as he glared at Kris. He bowed ever so slightly, before turning away and following Xiumin and Sehun into the locker room- leaving the General Assistant Manger frozen and dumbfounded.

 

~*~

 


 AN:// So many subs already O.o................I love you all <3 Authornim really loves you all and I appreciate all the comments~ ^^V hoped you like this small chapter and go ahead and hate me for making you all stare at that cake picture in the beginning of this chapter~ Merong~