Icing on the Cake

Cupid's Kitchen

 

 

||~*{ Chapter Thirty-Three: Icing on The Cake }*~||

 


 

 

~*~

tumblr_ma6epyhrOz1rxgaoqo2_250.gif

~*~

 


“Happy Birthday!!”

Suho’s eyes widened in shock as the streamers and confetti floated through the air. He blinked  rapidly a couple of times, unsure of what to say or even how to react as his eyes scanned the room. Part of his staff stood with smiles and grins plastered on their lips- waiting for his reaction.

The tables near the front entrance had been rearranged and pushed together to form a gigantic table. New, silky white table clothes lined the table which held various of plates of food. Balloons decorated the floors, presents filled a rather large table off to the side, a large, rainbow ‘Happy Birthday’ banner hung from two nearby pillars, and a gorgeous cake, with mini cupcakes surrounding it,  stood tall and proud in the middle of all this.

It took a few moments to take it all then and even when he registered what was going on, he couldn’t fully bring himself to believe it all. “How....why....?”

“Now, you didn’t think we would just go and let another year for the Gramps pass on by without a proper celebration, now did you? You always manage to find an excuse every year to not celebrate it with us, but now that we have Tao- there isn’t anything you can say. He made the cake himself, which was alot cheaper than having to go buy a professional cake....well, he is a professional, so that didn’t quite make sense...but atleast we had a discount of some sort~!” Chanyeol beamed, as he flashed the General Manager a huge grin.

Kris playfully scoffed as he slapped Chanyeol upside the head. “ What do you mean we have ‘some sort of discount’? You mean discount as in my wallet.”

Chanyeol quickly elbowed the taller one. “Quit complaining. You know you love General Manager~"

Kris simply glared at the tall Line Cook before turning back to Suho with a soft smile playing on his lips. "Happy Birthday, Suho."

"Yeah, Happy Birthday Gramps!" Chen, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun sung.

"Happy Birthday, General Manager." Xiumin, Kyungsoo, Luhan, And Kai chimed in.

"Happy Birthday, General Manager." Tao and Sehun said softly, flashing a polite smile towards the taller one.

Suho's eyes only seemed to get wider, tears blurring his vision and threatening to fall, as his heart seemed to swell and his voice seemed to leave him. He came back to reality as he felt slim, soft fingers intertwine with his own gently.

"Happy Birthday." Yi Xing whispered softly, reaching up with his free hand to gently brush the little droplets of stray tears that seemed to sneakily escape Suho's eyes.

"Awww! Gramps is getting all emotional over there!" Cooed Chen,receiving a hard slap on his shoulder from his boyfriend.

"Stop teasing him. " hissed Xiumin.

"More importantly, am I the only one that sees Yi Xing being a little touchy, touchy with birthday boy over there? I wonder what all that is about~"Called Baekhyun, a devious, knowing smirk spreading across his lips as his fingers lingered over his phone. If only they knew what he had on that phone of his.

Yi Xing glowered as a blush spread across his cheeks and he quickly untangled his fingers from Suho's.

"Shut it, midget. Leave him alone." Luhan shot back, returning the smirk towards Baekhyun.

Baekhyun's mouth dropped as he lifted his fingers and snapped. " Rude."

"Will you all shut up, it's Suho's birthday so stop- Suho? Suho?"  Kris called worriedly as he watched the younger one's face scrunched up in a fail attempt to hold back the tears that were rapidly falling.

Soft hiccups left Suho's lips as he quickly buried his face in between his hands. "I-I'm sorry..."

"Hey, why are you apologizing? Why are you crying? We're sorry, Suho-Hyung. We'll stop fighting and messing around, so stop crying." Luhan soothed as he walked over and gently rubbed small circles on the General Manager's back.

"N-No...it's n-not that. I'm just....thank you all. Thank you all, so much. This means so much." Suho mumbled through his hiccups, embarrassed as the tears just wouldn't stop.

"Aww, Suho-Hyung!" Cooed Chanyeol, running up to bring the shorter one into a hug.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes before joining Chanyeol in hugging Suho. "Why is our General Manager such a cheeseball."

"Atleast he has balls, Baekhyun." Chen blurted before joining the group hug.

Baekhyn growled playfully as he kicked Chen in the hug. "Touché, , touché."

"Group hug!" Kai announced before dragging Kyungsoo, Xiumin, and Luhan into the hug. Lay and Kris joined, laughing lightly as everyone struggled to get their arms around each other.

"Yah!" Kris called, turning his head to look at Tao and Sehun, who stood awakwardly on their heels  a few feet a away.

Tao jumped, startled. "Yes?"

"You both, quit daydreaming and get over here. Group hug, as in a group- as in that includes you two."  Kris scolded playfully as he pulled one arm off Baekhyun and stretched it open.

"Yeah! Get over here and quit acting like strangers!" Luhan called, mirroring Kris' actions and beckoning Sehun into his arm to join the group hug.

Tao and Sehun exchanged silent glances as soft blushes flourished their cheeks before waddling over to join the group hug- Tao under one of Kris' arm and Sehun under Luhan's.

"Guys...guys...don't get me wrong...but...can't breath..." Gasped Suho, tears long forgotten as he got squeezed unbelievably hard by the people he loved most.

Xiumin pulled back first as a hungry look shone in his eyes." Lets eat now and have cake! It's time to get this celebration rolling. Don't forget some of us have packing still to do!"

"Alright." Suho nodded in agreement before everyone took their place at the table.

On his left was Yi Xing and on his right was Kris. On Kris' other side was Tao, Baekhyn, Luhan, and Sehun. On Yi Xing's other side was Kai, Kyungsoo, Xiumin, Chen, and Chanyeol.

"How did you all manage to put this all together?" Suho asked bewildered at the heaps of food and sweets that covered almost every inch of the table.

"Well, we couldn't have done the food without Executive Chef or Sous Chef, but Pastry Chef Tao was the biggest help. He's been here since last night and pulled an all nighter. He even helped me with some of the cooking." Baekhyun explained.

"What?!" Suho blurted, eyes widening in shock.

Tao quickly shook his head and held up a hand in defense as he flashed a gentle smile. "I didn't really pull an all nighter. I got a few hours of sleep as I waited for all the pastries to cool before decorating them. I helped Baekhyun-hyung because he looked rather tired and yeah...Also, I really didn't do much. It was really the Assistant General Manager who put it all together."

"Is that true, Kris? Did you really put all of this together?" Suho asked turning to face the taller one.

Kris shrugged as he leaned back in the chair. "It's your birthday. I didn't see the harm in celebrating it with everyone and I didn't do this by myself. We did it as a team."

Suho, with an all new wave of love and adoration for his staff, quickly threw his arms around the taller one. "Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now lets eat before everything gets cold. "

 

 

 

 

 

~*~


“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SUHO~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~!” Everyone sung as the candles flickered brightly in front of the General Manager.

Suho closed his eyes as he took a deep breath and secretly wished for the same thing he always wished for every birthday. Moments later, his eyes fluttered open as he blew out the candles and everyone erupted into a round of applause.

“Whoo~! Whatcha’ wish for gramps?” Chanyeol asked before slightly choking on the smoke from the blown out candles- earning a light laugh from Suho.

“It’s a secret. Anyways, lets have cake!” Suho called as he reached for the cake cutter and began cutting pieces to hand out.

“Oh god...oh, yes, Tao. You’re amazing!’ Xiumin groaned the moment he took a bite from the cake.

The room erupted into a fit of laughter at Xiumin’s reaction.

“Baby, you do know how you just sounded right?” Chen teased and received an elbow to the ribs.

“Shut it. Don’t ruin this moment for me.” growled Xiumin, ignoring his boyfriend’s teasing before he turned to grin at Tao. “Never leave. Please. Your skills are amazing. Your hands are magic! I love, love, love this cake. You have to do my birthday cake!”

Tao laughed. “Thank you. I’m glad you like it. How is it, General Manager?”

Suho let out a sigh of pleasure the moment he bit into one of the extra mini cupcakes. “It’s amazing, Tao! Really. It’s so good! This is the best birthday cake/cupcakes I’ve ever had.”

Tao blushed all the way up to his ears. “T-Thank you. I’m glad you like it.”

“Yi Xing, you have to try it! It’s so good.” Suho stated as he handed a piece to Yi Xing.

Yi Xing laughed as he caught sight of icing remnants around the General Manager’s lips.

“You must really love it. It’s all over your face.” Yi Xing giggled as he used the tips of his fingers to gently brush away the icing.

Suho flushed the moment Yi Xing’s fingertips touched his lips and his breath hitched at the closeness between them. “T-Thank you....”

Maybe it’s because Suho looked at him with the most adoring expression he’s ever seen or maybe it’s because someone slipped something in the food earlier, but Yi Xing soon found himself with his lips pressed up against the General Manager’s cheek.

Suho froze instantly the moment he felt Yi Xing’s lips against his skin and blushed as he felt his heart hammer against his ribcage as a faint scent of sweet vanilla filled his nostrils.

Yi Xing, on the other hand, pulled back a little too quickly for Suho’s liking- his own heart beating faster than he thought possible.

“Y-You had a small bit of icing on your cheek...H-Happy Birthday...” Yi Xing mumbled, quickly whisking away to converse with Luhan before putting himself in an even more awkward situation.

Suho blankly stared after Yi Xing, his heart still going crazy,  unsure of how to register everything as Baekhyun walked up to him.

Baekhyun smirked before patting the General Manager on the shoulder, drawing Suho from his thoughts.

“I saw that.” Baekhyun whispered teasingly. Suho blushed as his eyes widened and he opened his mouth to speak, but didn’t have the chance to even defend himself as Kai suddenly spoke.

“:Lets open presents!”

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 


"Here. This is from me and Sehun." Tao said softly, handing Suho a neatly wrapped, small box.

It was time for presents and now all the food was cleared as everyone gathered around to watch Suho open gifts.

"You guys shouldn't have." Suho groaned playfully as he flashed a smile towards the younger two before preceding to open the present.

"Whoa..that's cool!" Blurted Baekhyun as Suho unwrapped a new, pristine white, digital camera.

"....that looks expensive..." Mumbled Chanyeol, completely entranced by the camera.

"We've never had to go shopping for anyone other than each other, so we didn't really know what sort of things you liked. We knew you were pretty close with everyone and you cherish the memories you make with them. So we figured a camera would be best. " Tao explained before Sehun quickly waddled over and handed Suho a empty photo album with a ribbon wrapped around it.

"And here's the second part of our gift. We hope you like it, General Manager."

"Like it? I love it! Thank you two so much." Suho beamed setting down his gifts to give Tao and Sehun a warm hug- earning soft blushes from the younger two.

"So...last, but not least, Yi Xing's gift. Hurry, so that we can move on to the games." Kai urged, impatiently bouncing in his seat.

Yi Xing flashed a sheepish smile as he awkwardly scratched the back of his head. " Uh....about that....I had left my gift back at the apartment, so I'll give it to him when we go home later-"

"We?" Chen perked up, curiously.

"Oh, yeah. We live together." Suho stated and gasp erupted around the room.

"No way." Xiumin stated.

"No freakin' way." Added Chanyeol.

"About damn time..." Grumbled Kai.

"Somehow, I don't find that so surprising." Kyungsoo mumbled.

"What's the big deal...?" Suho asked, confused at where the conversation was going.

"Well, if you must know, everyone on this god-green-earth knows that Yi Xing obvious l-" started Luhan, but just then a scream erupted through the room.

"Ew! Ew! Ew! A. Damn spider. Kill it, Tao, kill it. Gross. A ing spider." Whimpered Baekhyun climbing onto Tao's lap as a spider mysteriously dropped down from the ceiling and onto the floor right next to Baekhyun's feet.

The line cook scrambled to keep his feet off the floor as the ninja spider disappeared from sight in a flash.

"Where'd it go?" Tao asked, his sharp eyes inspecting the floor- only to find the spider no where in sight.

A sigh of relief left Baekhyun's lips. "Oh dear god. I nearly had a heart attack. Ugh, those things are so damn nasty. Thank god it's gone..."

"Wimp." Coughed Chen, earning a glare from Baekhyun.

"Shut it, ."

"Baekhyun-Hyung,it's gone. I don't think you have to worry now." Tao said softly, patting the shorter one gently on the shoulder.

Baekhyun refused to move as he tightened his arms around Tao's neck and snuggled into the taller one. "Nope. I'm not moving. The damn thing might come back. I won't move. Nope. You can't make me. Protect me with your kung-fu. The damn thing is a ninja, your own kind, so you should be able to handle it."

A laugh left Tao's lips as he shrugged and wrapped an arm lightly around Baekhyun's waist to make sure the older one wouldn't fall. " It’s wu shu, hyung and fine. That's alright with me. I'll protect you, Baekhyun-Hyung."

"Yah! I'm sensing some underlying teasing in your words!" Growled Baekhhyun, playfully tugging on Tao's ears earning a small giggle from Tao as he laughed in return.

"Since when have you two been so close?" Chanyeol asked suddenly, voice low and face void of any expression.

Baekhyun turned, startled to hear Chanyeol talking to him. They haven't spoken a word since the incident in the kitchen, despite Baekhyun's wish to remain as friends. Thinking back made Baekhyun's chest tighten uncomfortably as he attempted to shove out the unwaned feelings. Well, better to pretend like nothing happened.

Baekhyun forced a grin as his voice came out higher than he expected, something that happened whenever he was put in painful situations. " Since Tao decided to be my personal savior! Duh, Channie."

Tao, unaware of the situation and believing that things were actually somewhat fixed between the two, rolled his eyes playfully before flashing a small grin towards Baekhyun.  "I don't remember signing up to be a princess' knight-in-shining-armor. "

"He called you princess!" Busted Chen as he reached over to high-five Tao.

Baekhyun pouted as a deep blush flourished his cheeks and he lightly punched Tao on the chest. " Shut it, meanie. I'm not a princess."

A frown found it's way to Chanyeol's lips as he saw the blush that spread across Baekhyun's cheeks. He's never seen Baekhyun blush like that towards anyone, Atleast not to anyone who wasn't Chanyeol. Chanyeol remained silent, not liking the look Baekhyun gave Tao as he let his eyes lower.

“I was just teasing, Baekhyun-hyung. You’re welcome to stay in my lap if you must. ” Tao said softly, flashing a soft smile towards the shorter one on his lap.

“But, that’s my spot ZiZi...” Sehun mumbled, pouting as he watched Baekhyun snuggle further into Tao.

“Nope. I’m not moving. You’ve had him for how many years? Nope. Nope.” Baekhyun sung sticking his tongue out playfully at Sehun.

“ZiZi~!” Sehun protested, grabbing onto Tao’s sleeve. “Tell Baekhyun-hyung that it’s my spot!”

Tao shook his head. “You two will be the death of me...Sehun, I expected, but not you, Baekhyun-hyung...”

“It’s okay, Sehun. You don’t need him. You have me~! I’m better than those two, right? Right? I even treated you to food.” Luhan grinned as he threw an arm around the shorter one’s shoulder and yanked him close.

Sehun’s eyes widened as a soft blush flourished his cheeks and he shakily nodded. “Y-Yeah...”

“See, Tao, you lose.”

“Wait...did you just say you’ve treated him to food? I’ve known you for how long and you’ve never treated me!” Yi Xing hissed, glaring at his best friend. Luhan simply shrugged as he flashed a sheepish grin.

“You know, as much as your bickering usually annoys me, I’m actually quite glad.” Suho stated suddenly.

“I mean, I’m glad to see that you are all getting along. I don’t think I’ve seen Tao and Sehun smile so much in one day as I have today.” Suho continued as he flashed a bright smile towards his staff.

“Yup. You’re really a gramps- getting all sentimental and emotional and stuff over there.” Chen concluded, nodding his head to his own words. Kyungsoo nodded in agreement before turning to the General Manager.

“So, can we play the games now? Chanyeol brought over his projector and Xiumin brought over his karaoke machines and DDR. It’s all set up in the break room.“ Kai blurted, bouncing in his chair as an excited smile graced his lips.

“You and DDR, I swear. You’re how old and you still love that game...I don’t know why you’re addicted to that game, but yeah we can go play, but only for a little while. Others still have to pack and it’s getting late.” Suho stated getting up from his seat.

Kai excitedly grabbed the older one’s hands and made a dash towards the break room. Yi Xing laughed lightly before turning towards the Sous Chef. “You know, for his birthday you should get him his own copy of that game.”

Kyungsoo laughed. “Yeah, I thought so too. “

Everyone got up to head to the back room where they all plopped down on chairs to watch since Suho and Kai already started the first round of DDR.

Tao, jumped, startled as he felt an arm snake around his shoulders. His eyes widened in shock as he watched Kris settle into the lounge couch right next to him.

“K-Kris...” stuttered Tao,  as he tensed under the taller one’s arm around his shoulder.

“What?”

“Y-Your arm...”

“You said that there was an invitation into your world. This is me taking it. If you ask why, I won’t be able to answer you because I, myself, don’t fully know. So, don’t ask.”  Kris stated as he lowered his gaze to meet the Pastry Chef’s.

Tao remained quiet as he searched the taller one’s eyes, but saw nothing but sincerity. A small smile perched onto his thin,cat-like lips as a soft blush flourished his cheeks. “Alright.”

Tao leaned into the taller one’s touch as he s his own arm around Kris’ waist. This was definitely weird since Kris’ waist is a lot wider than Sehun’s, but it didn’t feel bad. He couldn’t help but think that maybe, just maybe, Kris wouldn’t be so bad.

“Kris?” Tao called, softly just as Luhan dragged Sehun up for the next round of DDR. Tao was so quiet that Kris almost didn’t hear him over then commotion. He pulled back a little without removing his arm around Tao’s shoulders.

“Yes?”

“Welcome.” Tao breathed.


Welcome to my world.

 

 

 


||Author's Note||:: WHO MISSED ME?! :D I'm back!^^ and I passed mah tests! whooo~^^ Anyways, here's Suho's birthday chapter! Alot in one chapter, I know, but next few chapters it will start branching off into coupels again. So, like I mentioned before, the winners for the giveaway have been picked and this weekend I will be sending out messages to those winners. Sorry it took so long, I've been studying nonstop for the last two weeks! Thank you to all who subscribe, comment, and upvote! It means the world to me and I appreciate it! ^^ Authornim loves you all! Ignore spelling mistakes and stuff, I just typed this after I finished my test and I'm way toooooo lazy to go back and re-read.  I'll update soon! More like in the next few days xD~ <3 

 

tumblr_mgrauxqmyP1r01ih8o2_250.gif

 

ON A SIDE NOTE, DO YOU SEE THIS????????

tumblr_mgoifsdMkT1ru0q9vo1_250.jpg

YOU SEE THAT RIGHT. HOLY HELL YES...MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE AND A NEW FIC SHALL BE BORN....in like march cuz I have too many going on right now....

 

AND THIS WITH SEHUN??

tumblr_mgoifsdMkT1ru0q9vo2_1280.jpg

 

 

tumblr_mgojkjNYJe1qm7c9to1_500.jpg

 

AND THIS WITH SUHO??

 

tumblr_mgoifsdMkT1ru0q9vo4_250.gif

 

I love that he's recieving so much love.

Bring on the feels. I am ready.

tumblr_mgfi6cNtbg1rxbipho2_250.gif

 

(Incase it wasn't painfully obvious, Tao is my ultimate bias in exo and I'm in love with Suho, Chanyeol, and Sehun. So yeah...there goes my heart....it's painful to not start another fic...but I will...I will...)

 

SuLay bonus chapter anyone?