Chapter 7

Survival of Mato

 

 

I woke up that morning and sat up to rub my eyes. I yawned and stretched, then got out of bed to do my daily routines. Suddenly, I remembered that my tutor was coming. I checked the clock; I only have 15 minutes left before she comes!

I quickly cooked some breakfast and woke all of B.A.P.

“Now is the time to use your super duper speed to eat,” I said.

“Why are we rushing anyways? I was getting used to eating slowly and enjoying the food,” Youngjae said.

“My tutor is coming in 5 minutes and I can’t let her see you guys here. Especially since she knows that I live here alone. I can’t let her come back to find that I have suddenly found 6 guys that live with me. She might tell my parents."

“Yeah, we should hurry,” Youngjae said and gobbled up all the food.

I quickly washed the dishes with Jongup’s help and told them to all scatter around the mansion and be quiet. They can do anything they want as long as it was quiet.

“Ding Dong!”

“She’s here, she’s here, scatter, go, go, go,” I said and shooed them with my hands. But B.A.P didn’t really leave the room, they stayed in their hiding spot in the same room without you realizing.

I quickly smoothed my ruffled hair and clothes. Then I took a deep breath and opened the door.

“Good morning, Mrs. Park,” I said.

“Good morning, dear,” she said. She elegantly walked into the room and set her purse onto the table. I quickly sat down and took out my math book.

“So what page-“

“Page 369,” I said and smiled at her brightly.

“Are you okay?” she asked me.

“O-Of course I’m okay, pshh, why wouldn’t I be okay,” I said.

“Because you’re acting very strange,” she said and continued to stare at you.

“Strange? How am I acting strange?” I asked.

“ I know why you’re acting strange,” she said.

“Y-You do?” I said. **Does she know about B.A.P?**

“You…are in LOVE, my dear,” she said.

“L-Love?” I said.

“Yes, love, that’s the effect of love,” she said and sighed in content.

“B-But I live here alone,” I said.

“Well, that’s not what your body language is telling me,” she said. “You used to sit like a boy with your legs facing outward, now you’re sitting like a lady with her legs crossed.”

I looked down and realized that she was right. I quickly unfolded my legs and sat like my old style.

“And you act jittery, you keep looking around while playing with your hands,” she smiled. She was right…again.

“Congratulations, my dear! You have found true love,” she smiled.

“B-But I’m not in love,” I said. “If I was, I wouldn’t even know who I am in love with.”

“Nonsense,” she stated and waved her hand as if shooing the idea of that. “Your heart knows but your brain doesn’t, or you’re just not accepting the fact yourself. You’re trying to convince yourself that you’re not in love.”

“B-But I’m not,” I said.

“No more, we shall continue with the lessons,” she said.

“B-But I’m really not…right?” I murmured to myself.