Chapter 28

Survival of Mato

 

Daehyun woke up and looked around. He blinked a couple of times to clear his sight. When it did, he found himself looking at you. He smiled and wanted to stay here and just stare at you until you woke up, but he had knew he had other matters to deal with. He sighed and quietly left your room. He gently closed the door and headed down stairs. He stopped when he saw Yongguk was watching TV.

Daehyun looked at Yongguk and knew he wasn't going to get a response any sooner. Daehyun looked out the window and made sure that Kimsoo wasn't out there waiting for them. He headed out towards the door when Yongguk suddenly spoke.

"Why did you do that?" Yongguk said. 

"Do what?" Daehyun asked catiously. 

"Why didn't you tell me? Tell us?" Yongguk said and finally tore his eyes away from the TV. "You're not the type of person to do something rash without reasoning." 

"..."

"Daehyun, you better tell me now before I blow up again. I'm asking calmly and I expect an answer from you," Yongguk said.

"I...I did it because..." Daehyun stuttered. It was very awkward for him to talk about this to his leader, his role model.

"Talk to me like I'm your hyung, not your leader," Yongguk said, as if he read Daehun's mind. 

Daehyun waited and than said, "I did this for Han-ah."

"What do you mean?" Yongguk asked with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What does Han-ah have to do with anything?" Yongguk asked.

"She has everything to do with this," Daehyun said. "S-She means the world to me."

"Y-You fell in love with her?" Yongguk said in disbelief.

"Yes," Daehyun said more confidently. "Yes I did, we both love each other dearly."

"..."

Daehyun didn't know what to say next. But Yongguk saved him from doing so.

"Congratulations," Yongguk said.

"W-What?" Daehyun said, shocked. That wasn't the response he expected from Yongguk. Yongguk, a guy who loved to watch or do anything related to violence and war.

"So where are you planning on going now?" Yongguk asked.

"I-I was planning on going to the beach," he said.

"Why would you go to the beach?" Himchan appeared.

"Whoa! Where did you come from?" Daehyun asked.

"Uh...from...the door?" Himchan said. "So why are you going to the beach again?"

"Because I want to fix Han-ah's playground that her Grandpa had left behind," he said.

"Oh, can we come too?" Himchan asked.

"We?" 

"Yeah, it's the least we can do for Han-ah before we leave," Jongup said. Himchan face palmed himself and shook his head.

"L-Leave? Where are we going?" Daehyun said with furrowed eyebrows. 

"S-Sorry hyungs," Jongup said.

"It's fine," Yongguk sighed. "It's better he knows now than later."

"Daehyun, we are planning on leaving Earth within two days," Himchan said with sad eyes.

"W-What?" Daehyun said. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. 

"We should leave now before we cause any more trouble for both us and Han-ah," said Himchan. "It was the only option we had left."

"..."

"I guess I'll just have to spend the last two days in bliss," Daehun muttered. He headed towards the door and left. B.A.P looked at one another when Daehyun came back inside. "Well, are you guys coming or not?" They shrugged and headed outside towards the garage to get some supplies. 

 

"Fix that part too," Himchan told Youngjae. They had spent the last four hours re-building the playground. They were almost finished with the playground.

"Owww! Hyung!" Jongup cried as he was smacked on the head by Daehyun for building the pole at the wrong spot.

"What was that for?" Jongup shouted.

"For doing the wrong thing," Daehyun said.

Himchan stopped what he was doing and watched as they argued. He looked at Yongguk to see him watching as well.

"He must really love her," Himchan said.

"Yeah, a lot," Yongguk muttered.

"What's wrong?" Himchan asked.

"I feel so...so bad for making Daehyun losing his first girl. I mean, I'm supposed to make things better for my members, but I'm making it  worse," Yongguk said. "By the time we get back to Mato, he'll probably be cold and silent again. Just like the first time I had met him."

"..."

"You're doing what is best for all of us," Himchan said carefully.

"I just hope what you say is right," Yongguk muttered before quickly getting back to work. Himchan chuckled in response and continued as well before he got smacked on the head by Daehyun.

 

"We're finally done!" Daehyun beamed as he stared at the playground. He had to admit, it had turned out better than he had expected.

"Now, for the surprise," Daehyun said.

"Awwww come on hyung," Jongup said. "Give us a break already. We've been working for the past 6 hours, now you want us to do something else?"

"Stop whining about this," Daehyun said. "What happened to the strong, hyper Jongup?"

"He disappeared when he lived on earth and ate all the fattening food while lacking exercise," Jongup muttered.

"Eh, too bad," Daehyun said. "I guess that Jongup won't be getting the share of dukbokki and other foods," Daehyun faked a sigh.

"Who said I was tired? I surely didn't," Jongup said and headed towards the car. "You guys coming or not?" Jongup shouted back.

We looked at one another and laughed as we packed up and headed towards the car. 

**I can't wait to show this to you, Han-ah**