Chapter 17

Survival of Mato

 

“They’re still out there?” Youngjae questioned.

“Yeah,” I said as Jongup, and I were staring outside our window.

“It’s been a week already though,” Jongup pouted. “It’s getting really annoying.”

“We’re just going to have to be patient,” I said.

“I hate being patient though,” Jongup muttered.

“Do you think they’ll find anything?” Youngjae continued to ask.

“I don’t know,” I said honestly. “Let’s just pray that you guys accidently managed to cover up your tracks perfectly,” I said.

We watched outside the window a little longer.

“Have you guys created a plan yet?” I asked.

“We’re still planning on our escape,” said Youngjae. “It’s just…what about you? Wouldn’t you get into trouble for helping us?”

“…Don’t worry about me,” I said. “I can handle it by myself,” I said.

That’s why we’re worried,” Jongup muttered.

“Look, you guys have a planet to save. It’s your own home to save, where millions or even billions of your kinds live and is at the risk of losing their life. I am only just one life, your escape is more important than my one life,” I said. “Earth can live losing one life; Planet Mato wouldn’t be considered a living planet if you couldn’t save it just because of me. I would be in more regret,” I said.

“But-”

“End of conversation,” I said. “Just think of a plan to escape if they manage to find something. Don’t worry about me,” I said. “And keep my comment in mind, I mean it…”

“…Alright,” they said.

“Good, now come on Jongup, let’s go and check up on the garden,” I said.

“Okay,” Jongup said and we headed towards the garden.

**Your life is important, Jung Han-ah**

 

“Is it growing?” Jongup asked.

“Yep,” I said. “It should bloom within…2 weeks?”  I estimated.

“Okay,” said Jongup. “What about the fruits and vegetables?”

“They’re going to take a bit longer,” I said.

“Awww, alright,” Jongup said. “I just hope I can stay long enough to eat them…” he muttered.

“What?” I said.

“Nothing,” he quickly said.

“So have you found anything that can save your planet?” I asked.

“No,” said Jongup. “This mission is so…difficult and now that the All Star Agency is onto our trail, it’s even harder to concentrate. It’s like playing Chess. We only have limited moves,” said Jongup.

“Do you happen to know what happened to Planet Mato to make it become like it is now?” I asked.

“The Eu-ak is the source of our planet. It is a bird that that emits power and energy for Planet Mato. Its existent is so powerful and so great, but when it chirps, it’s most powerful. Its chirp sends so much energy into the land and that’s how it thrives and grows,” he said. “But, the Eu-ak is slowly losing its power and Planet Mato can’t survive without the energy source the Eu-ak emits,” he said. “The elders are trying to preserve it, so we were sent here to find another source that can replace the Eu-ak. But we are going to have to find something soon. The elders can’t hold on much longer…Do you think that we can save Planet Mato?” Jongup said.

“To be honest, I don’t know,” I said. “But in my opinion, I think that you will be able to save Planet Mato. Things happen for a reason. Maybe Planet Mato will be stronger than ever before,” I smiled. “Always stay positive,” I said.

“It’s so hard though,” Jongup pouted.

“No pain, no gain,” I said. “If you don’t go through any hardships, then you’re not going to gain anything in the process.”

“I guess,” Jongup said.

“Let’s go and water the plants. They’re not going to water themselves and grow you know,” I said, changing the subject.

“Okay,” Jongup said and started the hose.

**I hope they can save Planet Mato…I just hope the price won’t be impossible to pay…**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I used the Eu-ak bird in this since it is part of their story, but credits go to them for the name of the bird ^^

Mmmm...I had to use some imagination of my own and make a plot for the Eu-ak bird so you would understand what is going on better ^^ I hope that it explains a little bit >.<

And I’m sorry for not updating for a short period of time, but I was very busy preparing for school :O

Well, have a good day

-iHartCupcakes :)