Chapter 4

Survival of Mato

*knock knock*

There was no response so I opened the door and peeked inside. Everyone was still sleeping. I smiled and went towards Yongguk.

“Wake up Yongguk,” I said and shook him gently. He mumbled incoherent words about fighting and then he sat straight up with his eyes closed and grabbed me by the neck.

“Y-Yon-gguk. Can’t. Breathe.” I managed to say as my face started to turn red.

Yongguk snapped out from his sleep and looked at you. “Oh morning Han-ah,” he said and let go of me.

I started coughing as color started to return back to my face.

“Sorry, did I strangle you? It’s become a habit since we must  always be prepared for a fight, even in our sleep,” he said.

All I could do was nod as I took many deep breathes. Yongguk woke everyone else up for breakfast. I led them to the bathroom first and said, “You do know how to brush your teeth right?”

“Of course, but where is the soap?” Yongguk asked.

“Soap?” I said with a bewildered expression.

“Yeah, while training we don’t have time for putting on the toothpaste and stuff so we just shove the soap into our mouth and scrub and then spit,” he said as if it was nothing.

“B-But what happens if you swallow the soap?” I said with a shocked expression.

“Oh, then you either die or you just get sick and then die,” Yongguk shrugged.

I was horrified at what he had just told me and shook my head, “You’ll be using utilities that are safer in my house,” I said.

I took out the tooth brush, tooth paste, and a cup.

I filled the first cup with water and put some tooth paste onto the tooth brush.

“First, rinse your mouth with water and spit. Then you use the tooth brush with toothpaste on it and rinse your mouth,” I said and demonstrated while imagining to brush my teeth. “And don’t worry, this toothpaste, it is okay if you swallow it,” I said. “After, rinse your mouth with water and clean the cup and tooth brush.”

“Okay,” they said.

Youngjae took the tooth paste and examined it. “It says that is recommended for kids 2 to 6 years old and we are at least 2 thousand years old,” he said with a frown.

“Well, you guys haven’t used a tooth brush and tooth paste for a while, and I’m afraid that you might swallow it,” I said. “I don’t want anyone dead. Not now, not ever. Especially if it’s from the death of swallowing some tooth paste.”

“Okay,” he said and continued to brush his teeth.

We headed towards the kitchen and they all sat down.

“Bon apetite,” I said and smiled.

They stared at the food and then gobbled up all the food in a flash.

“Second servings?” I said and smiled weakly.

“Sure,” they said and nodded.

I took their plates and gave them second servings.

“Don’t tell me, you do this during training,” I said.

“Yep,” they said proudly.

“Alright,” I said and cleaned up all the plates when we were done eating. Well, more like when I was done eating since they finished 10 minutes ahead of me.

“Do you need help?” Jongup asked.

“No, it’s alright,” I said.

But he took the plates and washed them anyways.

“Okay…thank you Jongup,” I said and dried the dishes.

When we were finished, I headed towards the living room.

“Do you want to watch TV?” I asked them.

“Who?” they said.

“Oh boy, you guys have a lot of catching up to,” I said. “Let’s start with simple things; this is the 21st century on Earth.” I explained them all the technologies as I toured them around the mansion.

“Any questions?” I asked.

“Do you have any war movies?” Yongguk asked.

“In the theatre,” I said and Yongguk quickly ran towards the theatre with Zelo trailing behind him.

“Video games?” Youngjae asked.

“In the gaming room,” I said and he ran off with Himchan.

“Is there anything you guys want to do?” I asked Daehyun and Jongup.

“We are fine with anything that you are going to do,” Jongup said.

“Alrighty then,” I said. “I’m going to garden the garden.”

“What is gardening?” Jongup asked.

“Oh, it’s when you plant things and they grow. Whether it is a flower or a tree,” I said. “They help the planet to ‘breathe’,” I said.

Jongup nodded, “I see.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is an double update because I'm so happy for all the subscribers that I have gotten when I have only updated 3 chapters >.<

Thanks you guys XD

If you guys can, please leave a comment once in a while. Hope we can become good friends :D

Thanks again ^^

-iHartCupcakes :)