Chapter 22

Survival of Mato

 

I took a deep breath as I stood at the front of my door with a tray full of fresh iced lemonade. I put on a bright smile and opened the door. Some workers looked up, others didn’t.

“It’s a really warm day today, is it not?” I shouted a bit to catch their attention. “I have some fresh iced lemonade. Would you like to drink some?”

They looked at one another, and then looked at the tray of lemonade. They their dry cracked lips and headed straight towards me.

I handed each one of them a cup of lemonade.

“Thank you,” they all said and gulped down the refreshment.

“You’re welcome,” I said. I looked towards the corner of my eye and saw B.A.P dressed up as the workers. They pretended to be searching, but they were doing the opposite.

“So don’t you guys have any breaks?” I said while trying to distract them from going back to work.

“No, Boss doesn’t allow us to,” one worker said.

“And why not?” I asked. “Is your pay even worth it?”

“Well, this is a really important mission for Boss and he won’t allow anyone to mess it up.”

“Yeah, no one wants to face his wrath,” another worker said and shook his head in disapproval.

“Well, I think you guys deserve better,” I said. “Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to give you guys refreshments every once in a while.”

“Thank you so much,” they said gratefully. B.A.P snuck back towards the mansion.

“Alright, well I wouldn’t want you guys to get into trouble now would I?” I said.

“Thank you again,” they said and went back to work.

 

I closed the door and headed towards the third floor.

“So did you guys cover it up?” I asked.

“Yes,” Yongguk said excitedly.

“Mission accomplished,” I smiled. “So when do you think they are going to give up now?”

“Soon, I hope,” Yongguk smirked.