Chapter 14

Survival of Mato

 

“Slow down, Youngjae. It’s not like there is a time limit,” I chuckled.

“But it’s video games! Who else doesn’t get this excited when its video games?” he said happily.

“Uh…it’s just you,” I said, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh…well, then who cares about their opinion,” Youngjae said and ran towards the video gaming room.

“So what game should we play first?” I asked.

“Guys?” I asked, but no one was paying any attention to me. They were all on their own little world, playing their own game.

“Really? First they start the movie while I was generous enough to make them popcorn and now they ignore me while I let them play in the gaming room?” I sighed.

“Thanks Han-ah,” they all shouted and while their eyes were focused onto their game. I chuckled and shook my head at their inner child self.

Yongguk was playing some kind of gun game along with Zelo. Youngjae was playing on the X Box 360 with Himchan and Daehyun. Jongup and Jieun were playing Whack a Mole. So, I had no left to play with. I headed towards one the gaming system and stared at the screen.

“Dance, Dance Revolution,” I read. “Hmm, looks like fun, might as well give it a try.”

I pressed average as my level and pressed the song umbrella by Rihanna. My character started to dance and I started to step on the arrows on the mat with my feet.

**Hey, this is actually pretty fun!**

I played and it wasn’t too hard, but it wasn’t easy either. I started to laugh and continue to play.

“Hey, what’s so funny?” Jieun asked.

“This game is really fun, you should play this too,” I continued to laugh.

“Really? I don’t see what is so fun about stomping on arrows on a mat,” she said.

“Just try it, it’s really fun,” I said. When the song ended, I got a B+. I smiled in satisfaction and got off the mat.

“Your turn,” I said.

“Pleasure,” she said and pressed the song she wanted to play. You’re right, this is actually fun,” Jieun said after half the song was finished.

“Told you,” I smirked.

“What are you guys playing?” Jongup asked.

“Dance, Dance Revolution,” Jieun and I said at the same time.

“You should try this Jongup. I think you’ll enjoy it,” I smiled.

“Really? Did you enjoy it?” he asked.

“Of course I did,” I laughed. “I’m one of the worst dancers in the world and I managed to get a B+.”

“Well, if noona had fun playing this game, I’ll probably have fun as well!” Jongup said.

Jieun finished and managed to get an A and she beamed with pride. “Beat that, Jongup,” she smirked.

“I will,” he said.

“Let’s make a deal. If I lose, then I’ll order fried chicken and drinks for all of us to eat,” she said. “If I win, then you’ll have to order fried chicken and drinks for all of us to eat.”

“Deal,” Jongup smirked and started to press the buttons.

“Oh, I wouldn’t count on that,” I said.

“Why not?” she asked.

“Because Jongup is the best at dancing out of the 8 of us,” I chuckled.

“What?” she shrieked. “And you decide to tell me this now!” she shouted.

“Yep,” I said. “By the way, here’s a heads up, you’ll be spending a lot of money,” I chuckled. “We eat a lot,” I said and exaggerated the word a lot.

Jieun groaned and watched as Jongup pressed expert and started to dance.

We watched as the screen was filled with so many confusing arrows. Soon, all we saw that popped up from the screen is, ‘PERFECT’.

Jongup got off the mat with the score of A++. “I guess I win?”

Jieun groaned in defeat as I patted her back in comfort.

 

 “Thank you,” I said to the delivery man as he gave B.A.P and I 15 boxes of fried chicken and five 2 liters of Cocoa cola. I started to set the tables and took out the plates, tissues, and cups.

Jieun groaned as the delivery man told her the price, and unfortunately, there was also tip for coming such on such a long journey.

“Bye bye money,” she muttered. “There goes all the hard work.”

We all sat down at the kitchen table and ate the fried chicken.

“This is so good,” Yongguk said.

“Of course, this is from one of the best chicken stores,” I laughed.

“By the way, how much did it cost?” I asked Jieun.

“Just eat,” she muttered and angrily took a bite of her fried chicken.

We laughed at her reaction.

**Today was fun, I wonder what we are going to do tomorrow?**