Final

Survival of Mato

 

Alice- your deceased grandpa’s ex-nurse (A.N. Yes I just made up her name now >___<)

 

~5 years later~

“Good job!” Alice said and patted your back. The both of you had just finished yet another successful surgery.

“Thanks,” you grinned.

“You are officially one of the top best female doctors in Seoul,” she beamed.

“It’s all thanks to you,” you smiled back.

“What have I done?” she asked.

“You led me to this career,” you smiled as you thought back what had happened 5 years ago.

“Ah, yes, that night. How could I forget?” she said.

 

~Flashback~

“Is he okay?” you kept pestering the nurse at the front desk.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t give you any details until you have shown proof to me that you are who you claim to be,” she sighed once more.

“I told you, I’m Jung Han-ah! Daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jung,” you said. “Don’t you know who they are?”

“Of course I know who they are. Who doesn’t?” she growled back.

“Then why can’t you let me in then?” you argued back.

“How can I believe you when you don’t even have an ID to prove that you are Han-ah,” she said.

“I didn’t have the time to take my ID,” you sighed. “I honestly am Han-ah.”

“Sure, and I’m the president’s wife,” she snapped back.

You were getting angry with this nurse. You were about to argue back when a familiar voice interrupt yours.

“What is going on here? Can’t you lower your voices? There are other patients here too you know.”

The nurse quickly got up and bowed. “I’m sorry, but this girl claims that she is Han-ah and-”

“Han-ah?”

You turned around and your face broke into a big smile. “Alice!” you said and hugged her. “I miss you so much!”
“Oh, I miss you so much too,” she replied and hugged you back.

“Y-You’re really Jung Han-ah?” the nurse stuttered.

“Of course she is, can’t you tell?” Alice snapped.

“I-I’m so sorry,” the nurse continuously bowed.

As much as you didn’t like her, you couldn’t just fire her. “It’s alright,” you reassured her. “You were just doing your job.”

“T-Thank you,” she replied back.

“So what are you doing here?” Alice asked.

“Oh, well someone I knew was unconscious on the floor and had blood escaping from his skull,” you said. You made sure not to mention that B.A.P probably were probably the reason why Kimsoo was in the hospital in the first place. “I was just asking the nurse what room he was in to check whether he is okay or not.”

“Oh, I’ll take you there,” Alice said. “What room?” she asked the nurse.

“Room 119,” she replied.

 

Room 119, Patient Kimsoo read the plate on the door. Alice opened the door and the both of you entered the room. Kimsoo was lying on the bed, asleep while a doctor was checking the monitors and filling information into his clipboard.

“Oh hello Doctor Kim,” Alice said.

“Oh, hello Alice,” he replied. “Hello Han-ah, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“H-Hello,” you said. “Umm…is he okay?” you asked, motioning towards Kimsoo.

“Oh, well there’s good news and bad news,” he sighed. “The good news is that he will be able to live, the bad news is that…well, he has lost a lot of blood and so now, his body and brain isn’t functioning well. I don’t think he will be able to remember anything.”

“Oh, I see,” you said. You were relieved to hear that he didn’t remember anything but…to forget everything?

“By the way, did you bandage his head with…uh, you sweater?” he asked.

“Y-Yeah,” you replied.

“Well, you did a really good job,” he smiled.

“T-Thank you, Alice taught me well,” you said.

“Well, I’ve been thinking. Would you like a scholarship and to work here as a doctor? We are kind of short on doctors and we could use as much help as possible,” he said.

“R-Really?” you stuttered. “O-Of course, yes!”

“Alright, I guess it’s settled then,” he smiled. “Welcome to your second home.”

“T-Thank you,” you said and bowed.

~End of Flashback~

 

Unconsciously, you played with the ring on your finger while smiling, dazed. “Credit to Doctor Kim too,” you said.

“Y-”

“Doctor Han-ah! Please come quick! One of our patient is constantly bleeding and won’t stop,” said the nurse.

“What happened to him?” you asked.

“He was in an accident, it seems,” she said.

“Lead the way,” you said and followed her to an operation room. Doctors and nurses were surrounding the patient as a curtain covered the patient’s shoulder and up.

You started operating on the patient without hesitation.

 

“Another successful surgery again,” Alice laughed as you got out of the surgery room.

“Thanks, I love what I do,” you said. Suddenly, you were grabbed harshly on the arm.
“I-Is he okay?” A young woman had tear stains in her eyes as she grabbed your arms.

“He’s fine,” you smiled.

“Thank goodness,” she sighed in relief. “Daehyun, you pabo.”

Your head snapped up in recognition to that name.

“D-Daehyun,” you muttered. “E-Excuse me,” you said and ran back. You stopped in front of a door and slowly opened the door, and came to the shock of your life. The patient looked exactly identical to Daehyun. He stared back you as tears began to appear in your eyes.

“D-Daehyun? Is that you?” you asked.

“Who are you?” he asked with bewilderment in his eyes.

 

TO BE CONTINUED…

~~~~~~~~~

Well, I was going to wait for three days after, but I decided not to since…well, since basically everyone voted for a sequel. So here’s the last chappie >___< I hope you enjoyed this fanfic as much as I enjoyed writing this. I hope you will enjoy the sequel as much as you enjoyed this fanfic, if possible, more ^^

Love you guys, hope to see you guys in the sequel coming soon (after I get the poster LOL) :D

-iHartCupcakes :)

 

Link to sequel ----->http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/304670/remembering-you-you-daehyun