Unable to meet

Marry me Baekhyun!

Hi everyone!! 

Sorry I haven't been updating much summer assignments, upcoming preparation for school... UGGGHHHHHH

Anyways, hope you enjoy! ^^

___________________________________________________________________________

Today was another busy day since Baekhyun had his first mini concert- well, EXO's first mini concert- soon. Ever since this morning, every message I sent to Baek was replied with "sorry I'll text you later." I knew how busy he was, but I still wanted to hear his voice. Lately, on the search engine on many sites, I was being searched on as "baekhyun's fiance." As Mr. Lee predicted, some fans were devastated while some fans were still supportive. Of him or course. Not me. 

Apparently, I was the evil daughter of a famous company who threatened him to marry me or the contract between our parent's company would be broken. I even received some scary notes threatening me to break up with him, or I was in big trouble. The first day of all these, the situation was okay and was something I thought I could handle. 

However, on the second day, letters piled and soon progressed to be a huge package filled with threats. On the third day, a flower pot was almost dropped on my head if not for my phone dropping on the ground. It was only the third day, but I was reaching my limits and needed comfort from Baek who at the moment was extremely busy. 

I was recapping all the things that happened to me and was busy talking with Hana at the regular dukkbokki place when someone passed by and knocked into me hard causing me to fall over and having my food fall on my lap. 

I now have a slight burn mark on my inner thigh. 

Hana quickly paid for the meal and took me back to my house where I cried for two hours straight. 

"I just can't deal with this anymore!" Her face looked pained as if she was the one going through all of this. 

"Have you tried telling Baekhyun about this?" 

"He's been so busy with everything!" Hana sighed and pat my back until I finally stopped crying. 

--

That night, my phone rang with a text from Baek. 

-hey-

~hey~

-How was your day today?-

~nothing big~ Besides having my inner thigh burn.

-I see. Sorry I couldn't reply I was so busy-

~It's okay~

It's really not okay was what I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him to quit all of the stardom and just take on his dad's business earlier. But knowing how hard Baek worked and loved his job, all I could say was call it a night and cry myself to sleep.

--

A week passed and the whole time, it was almost like a cycle of the first three days, including the part where Baek was always busy, Hana would comfort me, and I would cry to sleep. 

Due to all the stress, my eating style was gradually becoming irregular and I barely ate. 

"Heeyoung you have to eat! You're getting waaaay too skinny!"
"Later... I don't have much appetite right now."

Hana sighed and stuffed in frustration. Just then, I got a text from Baek and I actually smiled for the first time the whole day.

-Hey, if you're not busy, could you come to my practice room at SM? I have something I want to talk to you about.-

I smiled and showed Hana who gave me two thumbs up. We took a cab to the practice room and I regretted not eating before going.

-

When we arrived, Exo was having their practice, so we were planning to watch until they took a break, but Baek saw me and ran towards me. He opened his arms wide and engulfed me in his arms where I felt like a little child.

"Hey!"

I smiled and he exchanged grins with Hana who walked towards Kai. Baek turned towards me and for a second, I saw a look of guilt and pain. 

"You've gotten so skinny... You're far stressed out than I thought, huh?" I grinned and shook my head.

I've been going through far more than I am telling you about. 

"Let's go talk in the room over there." We both went and Baek and I leaned on the desk facing the practice room through a tinted glass.

"So... what did you want to talk about?" Baek sighed and looked straight into the practice room.

Not a good sign.

"I uh... I was told that some members have to feature in girl's generation's new japanese single... and... I am one of the members that have to go."

"That's great! What's the big deal?" 

"It's going to be filming in Japan...." 

"And?"

"And it's going to take about two weeks or possibly more." Baek turned to look at my face with an expression of desperation. Desiring comfort. He wants me to say that I am completely fine and am capable of managing this distance.

But I can't.

"You don't have a choice. If they chose it... then they chose it. And go."

And choose that over me. 

Baek sighed and shook his head.

"I'm not telling you this to ask for permission... I'm just letting you know."

Ow.

Ouch.

OUCH. 

My mouth fell into a slight "o" and I stared at him. He was just teling me this. Telling me he was going to be surrounded by tons of pretty girls who are his sunbae, but still. I breathed in and looked straight ahead. 

"Fine. I hope you have fun."

"Heeyoung, please... I didn't mean for it to sound like I was-"
"Can I ask one thing?"

"Y-yeah."

"Is Tao going too?" 

"no... why?"

"No reason. I have to get going."

"Okay... I'll call you time to time though?"

TIME TO FREAKING TIME?! NOT EVEN EVERYDAY?! 

I stopped at the door and turned around with a spark of feeling inside that I didn't feel before.

And one that I didn't want to feel towards him ever. 

"Just to let you know....I'll be having fun on my own too. With CERTAIN people."

"Heeyoung. Heeyoung don't start-"

"And you don't need to call. AT ALL." 

I slammed the door open and ran out the room, out the building, and into a cab where I was already bawling. 

"Are you okay miss?" I nodded and told him my destination. 

I am planning to have fun. 

--

Baekhyun's POV:

 

I told her about the filming event that I had to attend to Heeyoung, not expecting her to react this way. I just stared at the door, lost in thought and remembering the last thing she said. 

I snapped out of my trance when Hana came frowning at me and walking towards me. She stopped right in front of me and slapped me. HARD.

"YOU IDIOT!!" 

I glared at her, but saw her eyes filling with tears. 

"Do you have any idea what Heeyoung has been going through because of you?! She had freaking food spilled on her and now she has a burn mark! Everyday, she has to walk down the streets with her head lowered, but also having to be aware of everything because she almost had a flower pot dropped on her head! If that's not enough, that poor girl stares at her phone ALL DAY hoping to get ONE stupid text from YOU." 

"I-"

"If that's not enough, she's been going through so much stress she lost 20 pounds in one week. She can't eat properly, afraid someone will do something to her, and she has to cry herself to sleep to even GET sleep. And here you are telling her you are planning to leave her for TWO WEEKS?!"

"How did you...?"
"Kai told me."

Hana crossed her arms and glared at me. When I couldn't find any words to say to her, she walked towards the door and also said something that hurt more than the slap.

"Atleast Tao will be here."