Beating heart, once again

Marry me Baekhyun!

The minute I saw Baekhyun, my heart started to do weird skips and my stomach consisted mostly of butterflies. 

As soon as I started to walk, Baekhyun's mouth parted, and his lips broke into a silly grin that made me smile back brighter. 

He made me feel so beautiful even when I was aware of my insecurities. 

When I sat down next to him, he was unable to look at me straight in the eye. Instead, he briefly nodded at me with a face that looked completely different from a second ago. I felt my heart clench in pain, as he greeted my parents with a very respectful and normal tone. I did the same as well, putting on a face that displayed, "oh, I'm totally fine, don't you worry!" 

His parents seemed to relax, but Baekhyun seemed to tense even more. 

-

Dinner was getting awkward, with both of our parents who seemed to be eating way slower than usual. When Baekhyun and I were both done and were waiting, our moms exchanged looks. 

"How about you two go ahead and enjoy the rest of the night together?" I looked at my mom and stopped playing with the hem of my dress.

"Wha....?"
Baekhyun looked at me with a quick side glance, and nodded at our moms. 

"That would be great. I would love to talk with Heeyoung." His tone was so forced, and it seemed like he wanted to say something else. 

Baekhyun stood up first, bowed, and rushed out of the room as the door closed behind him while I was still walking out. I felt my face burn, but I held in the tears of embarrasment. 

When we were outside the room, Baekhyun was already almost out the door. It was only his back that I was staring at. At first, I started to run after him, but when I slipped and almost fell once in these crazy tall heels, I stood still at the place that I was at. I could still see Baekhyun's back, and shouted inside my mind for him to turn around. 

When he was out the door, the stupid hope inside of me kept tall and told me to count for him to come back. 

And I listened.

"10... 9... 8..." When I got to three, I started to count slowly, hoping he would come rushing into the hotel and try to look for me, and when he did, he would grab my arms and ask me where I went, that he was looking for me, that he missed me, that he wanted to see me and talk to me. 

But he didn't come. 

I stood, feeling stupid and betrayed, those two emotions swirling in unexplainable patterns. 

I my heels and was on my way to the mall part of the hotel when I knocked into a person, turning a sharp corner. 

"I'm so sorry! Are you alright?"

"Yeah, are you? Heeyoung?!" I looked up and up until I came face to face with Tao. His dark circle covered eyes lit up in the brightest possible way (atleast the best his face could), and he straightened his suit.

"You look really pretty! Did you have a dinner date?" I nodded with a tight lip. When the atmosphere between us became very awkward, I decided to change the subject. 

"So how come you're dressed up as well?" Tao looked at himself and gave a small laugh. 

"I had a meeting as well... one I would've liked to avoid." His face looked sad even though he was smiling. 

"Who?" 

"......" I started to use aegyo, something I NEVER do but since he's my somewhat friend, and looked at him with puppy eyes. 

"FINE. I met with my martial arts teacher. She wants to recruit me again, but I told her I already debuted and I was getting busier." I nodded and gave him a pat on the back. 

"If I were your coach, I would want to recruit you again too. You're really good!" Tao looked at me and grinned. 

"This is why I keep liking you more and more." I froze and looked at him with a confused face. 

He laughed and linked arms with me. 

"Since we both look like we don't want to be mixed in all this crap, why don't we go shopping?" I agreed happily and we were both on our way to the mall.

We were busy shopping, talking, and laughing when Tao became very quiet. I turned around with the shirt that I was picking out for him and placed it on him. 

"This looks good with your skin tone! See? What kind of person would do this for you?" I joked and turned back around to find other shirts that could look good on him.

"Why can't you break off the engagement with Baekhyun? He doesn't seem to be treating you right."

I put the shirts down and turned around to look at him in the eye. His serious face made the jokes I was going to make disappear and I started to get flustered. 

"I don't know. I just can't." Tao grabbed my wrist while I was trying to turn. 

"Heeyoung, look at me." I tried to pull free, but he was too strong for me. Dang it martial art person -_-.

"Tao. It wasn't something that I could or couldn't agree to. It just happened, and the timing to call it off is gone. I-"

"So just come to me. Say you're engaged to him, but just be mine." 

"I'm not some object." 

"Which is why he shouldn't be treating you that way. Hana told me what happened to you, and you have no idea how much I wanted to go to your house and hug you-" 

"Which is something I went to do." Tao and I both turned our heads to come face to face with Baekhyun. 

"Let go of her, you're hurting her."

Tao slowly let go, but he still stood next to me. 

"You hurt me more. Atleast he cares about me."

Baekhyun narrowed his cold eyes at me which made me flinch. He grabbed my wrist and started to pull me away from Tao when Tao grabbed my wrist as well. I winced, but neither of them noticed since they were too busy having a staring/glaring contest. 

"Let. Go. Of. MY. Fiance." 

"You treat her like an object." 

The air was silent, and I was starting feel my blood circulation cut off from both hands. 

"Tao let me go. I'll call you later." Tao reluctantely let go, but Baekhyun smirked. He started to walk away, and I couldn't bear with myself to turn around and look at Tao's pained eyes. 

We arrived at Baekhyun's car where he pushed me into the car and drove away from the hotel.

"Where are we-"

"Give me time."
"What 'time' are you-"

"Just don't talk." 

I was speechless and I wanted to punch him in the face, but instead, tears were running down. The best I could do was to let them fall without making a sound or letting him see. 

Baekhyun stopped the car at some place that I was unable to recall.

"Do you remember this place?" 

"No."

"Are you crying?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"....."

"*sigh* where did you go after leaving the room?" 
"Where did YOU go?"

"To get the car."
"You could've waited." 

"....."
"For ONCE I want you to tell me the whole story of something that happened WITHOUT you hiding something from me." 

"........"

"Forget it. Just take me back-"

"This is going to sound extremely cheesy, but you look incredible right now. I didn't think I would be able to restrict myself if I saw you and we were right out the door, just the two of us. I might've just checked out a room for the two of us-" He cut off, realizing that he was starting to tell the details of his thoughts.

"-anyways... *clears throat* I missed you so much and I know that I should've contacted you one way or another, but after that fight we had, I wasn't sure if you wanted to talk with me or not. I didn't even find out about the scandal until I landed in Korea, and when I finally came to see you.... THAT happened." 

".....There was that rumor of you and Taeyeon." 

"That... isn't all a lie." I quickly turned to look at him, and a scoff escaped my mouth. 

"Of course it's not all a lie. It's all truth isn't it? I'm just a safety net for you to use as an excuse when scandals like this break out-"

"I liked her slightly and she led me on. It ended then and there when I saw her kissing a Super Junior sunbae." I looked at him with an open mouth. 

"It was before meeting you as well. It happened around two years ago, and she's just like a noona to me now." 

Part of me felt happy and relieved while the other part felt guilty and stupid. If only I had listened. 
"Come out with me." When he got out of the car, I quickly rushed out, not wanting to feel left behind again. 

He led me down a very familiar river.

%EC%98%A4%EC%9A%B0%20%EC%B2%AD%EA%B3%84%

"Do you remember this place?"

"yeah... I got rejected here." 

"It's where our mutual feelings were confirmed." I looked at him in surprise for the tenth time today, and he grinned at me. 

The place wasn't as crowded as it usually was, and he stopped walking and bowed to one knee. I gasped and looked down at him. He took out a small box from his pocket and held it open for me. 

"I know I screwed up and proabably deserve a F for being the worst fiance, but could you give me another chance?" 

I stared at him, still feeling shocked about the whole situation. 

"Right now, and for the time on, you are the number one person I feel THAT way about." 

I must've zoned out because he was calling my name. 

"Yes or no? Heeyoung, I really love you." 

Yes.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Or.

.

.

No?

____________________________________________________________________

Hi everyoneeee three updates in two days YEAH!! 

I felt like there was soooo much pain, I HAD to add some sweetness to this!!

SOOOO what is going to be Heeyoung's answer?