Unwanted Meeting

Marry me Baekhyun!

I woke up early again and my dream was the constant replay of what I saw yesterday.

I went downstairs where my parents wished me happy birthday and gave me their gifts. Unlike usual gifts, I received a dress from my mom and shoes from my dad. I really liked them, but this was a rather unusual gift since I don't go partying or anything. 

white-dress-MT-MD-5902-a_zps91a54ae8.jpg       sandal-shoes-slingback-peep-toe-high-hee

I looked at them and they looked oddly nervous. I thanked them for it regardless and left for school.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEEYOOUUUUNNNNGGG!!!!!" Hana engulfed me in one of her bear hugs and handed me a gift which was a bracelet. 

It seemed a little bit fishy of all the gifts that oddly matched and complimented eachother, but I just shook it off and took it. 

--

School was the same except for being congratulated, but Hana took me to the ddukbokki shop. 

"Since we are both booked today, let's celebrate here hehe" I laughed and we began eating happily. 

"How did you know that I was busy today though?" Hana froze and looked at me. 

"O-oh...um... because it's your birthday! You're busy on your birthday..." I just nodded and continued eating and Hana did the same after letting out a sigh.

--

When I got home, my mom and dad were both home and it seemed even more weird since they were already dressed up. 

"Hey... what's up with-" my mom took my hand and led me out the door. 

In no time at all, I was driven to a salon where the make-up and hair artists were waiting for me. Before I was dolled up, one of the makeup artists pushed me into the dressing room where my dress and shoes I received this morning as presents were at. Without thinking twice, I put on the dress and shoes.

When I came out, The make up artists and stylists all gathered around me and started to work. Here and there, before I could gather my thoughts, I felt pain around my eye brow area and I felt them putting stuff on my face. By the time I came back to reality, I was staring at a pretty girl who looked blank and was getting lip glossed on. With a gasp, I realized they had completely transformed me and all I could do was stare.

42.jpg

After all was done, my mom placed her hands on my shoulder and smiled at me through the mirror while my dad was standing next to her. 

"Sweetheart, you look beautiful." 

Was it just me or did they look a little guilty?

--

The door of our car opened and we stepped into a very fancy looking hotel. It was all cliche in a typical drama, but to me it was all too new. 

I was stumbling over my heels since I wasn't used to wearing them, but soon enough, we reached the door that led to our destination. 

When I looked up to meet the eyes of the many people that were there, I started to feel claustrophobic. The walls and ceilings looked as if they were shaking and the people looked too big for the tiny me. 

I stood there when my mom, who knew about my phobia of crowded places, grabbed my arm and guided me to a room in the back. I sat down on a chair and started to grasp for air. I closed my eyes and tried to breathe regularly, but my head was filled with images of people who kept grabbing my arm and kept trying to talk to me as if we were close.

"Heeyoung look at me. Heeyoung" my mom was shaking my arm lightly and her face was in a face of guilt and pain. Since I didn't want her to be worried, I tried to act as normal as possible and smiled at her. 

"I'm okay now umma. Go greet people." I knew my parents had a business they owned and it was growing, but I had no idea why I was here. On my birthday.

My mom smiled at me and left.

When the door closed, I started to breathe irregularly and shut my eyes tight in attempt to think of something that would calm me down.

In the middle of this, the door opened and I thought it was my mom again so I opened my eyes. Instead of my mom, the person I found standing in front of me was none other than...

Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun's POV:

I was greeting a few guests of this party when my dad's friend came to talk to me. 

"Hello, Baekhyun. You have grown quite a lot!" we laughed before I greeted him. After talking about a few things about my dad's business and his business, my dad's friend cleared his throat. 

"So... I believe you were told what this party is about?" I nodded and smiled at him. 

"Isn't it for your and my father's business partnership?" my dad's friend nodded and looked around. 

"I brought my daughter here... she's claustrophobic so her mother probably told her to go there. She's your age, so would you mind talking to her a little so she can feel a bit at ease here?" I nodded and made my way to the door.

When I opened the door, I saw a very beautiful girl who was breathing irregularly and had her eyes shut tight.

"Um... are you okay?" The girl looked up and we both froze while staring at each other.

"...Heeyoung...?" Heeyoung looked at me and at first her face relaxed but quickly stiffened and she looked away.

"Hey... I had no idea you would be here! It's nice to see someone who doesn't want to talk about business... haha..." I tried to break the ice, but Heeyoung just glared at me. 

"Where's Yeri? You should be with her not me." Before I could reply, the door opened and in came my dad.

"Hey kids! It's time for the big announcement of the night! Come out!!" Heeyoung rose to her feet and I could clearly and fully see how beautiful she looked. While I was in awe of her beauty, Heeyoung walked by me without meeting my eyes once, so all I did was follow behind her. 

"So... if you guys could stand right on the stage..." My dad guided us on the stage where the light was focused on. I could see Heeyoung who looked as confused as we were and for a moment, I guided her by the middle of her back. 

"Hello ladies and gentlemen! I invited you all here with one purpose that you all know about! Heeyoung here, she is the daughter of my friend since we were very young who is now my business partner!" The audience clapped and Heeyoung bowed. 

"And to continue, this is my one and only son!" The audience clapped again and my father continued.

"Anyways, enough with the introductions! Thank you all for attending their engagement party!" At this, both my and Heeyoung's eyes widened as the audience went on with their clapping. 

In no time at all, there were two rings which was first presented to me, then Heeyoung. As we exchanged rings, I could feel Heeyoung's eyes looking straight at me. There were hundreds of people here with hundreds, possibly thousands of eyes watching us, but out of every single one of them, Heeyoung's was the only one I could feel. 

--

After the too sudden announcement, Heeyoung and I, along with our parents, went on to greet the guests. One after another, each of the guests all kept on putting their faces in front of ours far too close. 

"Oh how it must be wonderful you guys can finally be married! Congratulations on turning 18 Heeyoung!"

"What a lovely couple you two make!"

"Congratulations! I hope you two create another happy family!"

All of these comments sounded fake one after another. But the only thing that got me through all of this was the fact that due to Heeyoung's claustrophobia, she held onto my arm the WHOLE time which helped me to not fake my smile. 

 

Heeyoung's POV: 

I could not believe his dad was the friend of my dad's who I was going to be engaged to. I knew that my parents had someone for me, and I vaguely remember agreeing to it a couple years back, but I just couldn't even guess it would be with Baekhyun. 

I was actually kind of happy about it. 

After the announcement, we went around to greet people. I felt my phobia taking over me, and at first, Baekhyun was walking in front of me, but he stopped and put my hand on his arm. He gave me a small smile and whispered next to my ear, "Hold on and don't let go. You'll be fine." which sent me shivering and blushing. 

--

When all the greeting was over, our parents and he and I sat at one of the tables after all the guests left. 

"So... it is sudden I know, but now that Heeyoung is 18, I was thinking you guys can just get the enagagement done." 

All of our parents nodded in agreement. 

"I... I would like to excuse myself first. I do not feel well." I got up and gave a smile to his and my parents. 

"Baekhyun why don't you take her home?" Baekhyun looked startled and he nodded as he got up. 

I turned around without looking back and on the marble floor I could hear his steps behind me. When we got out of the hotel, I whirled around to face Baekhyun. 

"Look. I am against this marriage and you're an idol. I don't want to spend my teen and youth being bounded down by you or this engagement. I think you would think same too since you are already going out with someone." Baekhyun looked confused but his expression darkened. 

"There are many eyes out here. Get in the car first." Somehow, when I turned around, his car was already behind us. 

When we got into the car and he started to drive, the air between us was silent and cold. It was him who spoke first.

"Heeyoung, I think you've misunderstood something. Yeri and I-" 

"-Are a couple, I know. Just give me some time and we could probably round some excuses to call off this engagement." Baekhyun arrived at some park which was empty except for our car. 

"No. I don't think so." Baekhyun turned off the engine and faced me. I looked straight ahead at the busy road and wished I could drive as well. 

"You and I just had some strange encounter, but I don't think we should let it get to our head. You're taken, and I have plans for myself. You're and idol and I am just a regular student who wishes to stay that way. I'm against this engagement, so think whatever." 

Baekhyun sighed and looked out his window again. 

"I don't think the same. I am actually happy we ran into eachother, and to top that, I have nothing to do with Yeri. I'm satisfied, no, more than satisfied with the fact that you're my fiancee, and I don't care about me being an idol. I don't know what your plans are, but I want you to know me better and maybe even include me in your plans." 

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Ever since that day we ran into eachother, I can't stand being with you." Baekhyun looked at me and I looked out the window. 

"Everytime I hear your name, see your face, or even hear news about you, my heart starts to race. I can't focus on anything because of the possibilities I make in my mind that I might see you the next day. Every since you came into my life, I've been a mess! Why did you have to ruin my peace?!"

Wow. I've never lashed my anger out like this...

"Heeyoung...Heeyoung look at me." 

When I turned around, all of the following happened far too quickly.

The first thing I saw were Baekhyun's eyes that were so full of emotions that it choked me. 

The second thing was I felt Baekhyun's hand cupping the back of my neck gently.

The third thing was that I felt my lip meet something soft. 

His lips.

Against mine.

___________________________________________________________________________