Chapter 6: Misunderstandings

Touch Me...If Only for a Moment

At Park Residence

 

"PARK BOM! It's time to wake up!" Dara cried as she shook Bom awake a little more violent than necessary.

 

 

"Wha...what time is it?" Bom wearily asked, rubbing her eyes.

 

 

"Yah! Hurry up it's 6:00 already! You only have half an hour to get ready! If we're late my boss is gonna kill me!"

 

 

Bom stared at her cousin, seeing the obvious impatience in her eyes. 

 

 

"Okay I'll hurry! I promise I won't make you late!"

 

 

Bom got ready as quickly as possible, successfully completing her hair and makeup in record time. She grabbed an apple before heading out the door, and hopped into Dara's car. They drove off with a curious Bom wondering in the passenger's seat what the day had in store for her.

 
 
 

At the Office

 

 

"Bommie. Can you please file these for me?" Dara asked as she handed her a rather large stack of papers. Worry lines were already showing on Dara's forehead; she was extremely stressed and they had only been there an hour...Bom could only imagine how hard it was to have that job everyday. Dara was literally on-call 24/7! The boss is drunk? He calls Dara. He gets sued? He calls Dara. Crazy ex-girlfriend? He calls Dara.

 

 

"Ugh! When will that playboy ever get it through his head that I'm not his mom!?" a furious Dara had once declared before.

 

 

"Uh, Dara, where is your boss?"

 

 

"Oh, he doesn't get here until noon. He's such a slacker, isn't he?" Dara asked rhetorically with the slightest hint of sarcasm hitched on the last two words.

 

 

Bom silently agreed as she continued to file the papers, lost in her own thoughts once again. Thinking back to the lecture given to her by her professor yesterday, she turned red. That was so embarrassing! Why did the professor have to-

 

 

"Hey Bommie can you go downstairs and make two cups of coffee--one for each CEO please? You remember how to work the new coffee machine right?"

 

 

"Ah yes unni, you can count on me!" A slightly enthusiastic Bom replied.

 

 

Taking the elevator and rushing down the hall as fast as her stilettos could take her, she quickly made the coffee and glided towards the elevator.

 

 

"Can you hold the door please?" A deep voice asked.

 

She looked up.

 

 

"Of course!" she responded with a sincere smile. The middle aged man entered the elevator, grinning from ear to ear.

 

 

"You must be the new employee!" he stated quite loudly, while straightening his jacket and checking his phone.

 

 

"Oh yes I am! Nice to meet you sir!" she responded while deeply bowing.

 

 

The man chuckled, "Miss, do you know who I am?"

 

 

"Uh, well...no I'm sorry I don't. Mianhe."

 

 

Bom was worried, this man seemed important, how could she not know him? Bom, why didn't you listen to Dara when she told you to memorize who the workers were? She sighed to herself.

 

 

He chuckled once again. "I am one of the two CEO's of this company--Mr.Choi. A pleasure to meet your acquaintance miss--?" 

 

 

Bom was so shocked and embarassed that she alomst died on the spot. How could she not know the CEO of the company she worked for? She felt incredibly stupid at that moment. Ahhh! Pabo!

 

 

"Park Bom."

 

 

Reading the horror on her face, he reassured her, "Ah it's okay!" he gestured with his hands. "Most employees don't know that I'm the CEO anyways! Which works in my favor because I can easily watch to make sure all of the employees are actually doing their jobs!" He awkwardly laughed.

 

 

"Ahh, then this must be for you!" She handed him the coffee. "Mianhe..."

 

 

He smiled at her. "You're a charming young girl! I like your hair too, it's bold and fiery!"

 

 

She bowed again. "Gamsahamnida!"

 

 

"So who's the other cup of coffee for Miss Park?"

 

 

"Oh this?" She had almost forgotten that she was holding it. "It's for the second CEO...whom I don't know as well...mianhae." Bom bowed once again.

 

 

"It's ohkay. Let me help you out on your little errand you have on your hands! The other CEO is on the top floor, he's my son actually. He doesn't talk much but if you can, try to hold just a brief conversation with him. Ask him how he's doing. He doesn't talk much to his old appa these days but maybe he just might with you. Who knows?"

 

 

"Ahh! Gamsahamnida! Yes of course I can do that for you and I'll report immediately back to you afterwards!"

 

 

"Well here's my floor I'll be seeing you later then Miss Park Bom!" And with that he got off and waved at her until the door to the elevator had closed.

 

 

Such a friendly man. Bom you really are too lucky to work for a man as kind as Mr.Choi. I wonder how his son is though...he did say he didn't talk much.

 

 

The elevator finally reached the top floor. Bom walked down the never-ending hall, until she has finally reached the only entrance at the end.

 

 

 

Okay Bommie you can do this! How hard can it be? Just enter the room, give him the coffee, ask him how his day is going, and leave. Nothing more nothing less!

 

 

 

She knocked several times before steadily creaking the door open. Stepping into the room, her eyes slowly adjusted to the dim lighting.

 

 

 

This is it Bommie...you can do it!

 

 

 

"Just put the coffee on the table and leave. I have no time for any distractions at the moment." The husky voice broke out against the silence. Their chair was facing away from the desk, turned towards the window. Bom couldn't see who they were, the shadows made sure of that.

 

 

"Ahh, yes." Bom squeaked, tiptoeing to the desk in front of her, placing the coffee down ever so gently, so as not to disturb.

 

 

Making her way towards the exit, she instantaneously recalled what Mr.Choi had inquired of her. She spun back around.

 

 

"Excuse me sir but if you don't mind me asking...how has your day been so far?...."

 

 

There was a long uncomfortable stillness, until ultimately the husky voice once again ruptured the silence.

 

 

*Sigh* "Miss, I thought I told you I wasn't in the mood for any distractions?"

 

 

With that he spun his chair around, coming face to face with the girl he just couldn't get out of his head since the day he had met her.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

.

.

...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Seunghyun?!" Wide-eyed, Bom couldn't believe what was in front of her own two eyes!

 

 

"Bom...?" He questioned aloud, so as to confirm that it really was her--there!--in front of him.

 

 

They both gazed at each other, afraid to even utter word. They didn't want, what they thought was a dream, to end.

 

 

He's Mr.Choi's son?! He's the CEO?! No...but  how can that be possible?

 

 

And just when I thought I'd never see her again...what are the odds? Why am I so happy that it's her that got hired and not someone else...?...

 

 

Bom couldn't take the now-deadly silence, so she decided she'd be the first to break it.

 

 

"Neh.... So um Seunghyun--mianhae!--I mean Mr.Choi, how are you today?..." She nervously managed to speak, intimidated by the weight of the power he now had over her as her boss.

 

 

Why? Why did it have to be this way? Why did I have to see him again as my boss...?

 

 

"Park Bom. Are you planning to act as if we haven't met before?..." he hissed, hurt by the way she spoke to him. "Fine by me." He picked up the coffee and slowly brought it to his lips; tasting the bittersweet taste almost immediately. How ironic. He thought to himself.

 

 

"No wait um--you have the wrong idea, I didn't mean it like-" but before she could even manage to enunciate another word, he cut her off.

 

 

"No I understand Bom--I mean Miss Park." He made sure to stress her name. " We wouldn't want any misunderstandings now would we? You can leave now."

 

 

"But wait-"

 

 

"I said leave."

 

 

"Please listen-"

 

 

"GO!

 

 

She was now terrified. How could something so simple as delivering coffee suddenly escalate into such a misunderstanding?

 

 

"Yes Sir..." a now defeated Bom answered.

 

 

She turned around and anxiously made her way to the door and as she was about to close the door behind her, Top's deep voice spoke again.

 

 

"Oh--and before you leave Miss Park, one more thing."

 

 

Hesistantly she ce more towards the direction of his voice.

 

 

"Yes...?...." she meekly muttered.

 

 

"This coffee is horrendous. Next time be sure to do your job--not make your boss regurgitate what he just ate. That's all."

 

 

Bom turned around and walked out the door making sure the door was shut before she let out a quiet sob.

 

 

Bom why are you tearing up?...He's just a jerk! You should've seen it coming from such a handsome face like his....

 

As the elevator dropped back down to the first floor, so did her heart.

 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
It's 12:46 am over here and I have school tomorrow! T^T night guys I'll reply to your comments tomorrow! Right now I just really want to get to bed!
Good Night <3!
 
-TheCaptain©