Chapter 5: Why is it so Hard to Think of a Title?

Touch Me...If Only for a Moment

 

Weeks Later at Kyung Hee

 

"Miss Park do you have any questions?"

 

Bom looked up at her professor, eyes still half shut with dark circles not even makeup could cover. She got caught sleeping in class. Again...

 

"Oh! Umm... no Professor Kim! Sorry!" she replied, cheeks burning with embarrassment as she felt all of her classmates' eyes on her. It really wasn't her fault...after all on top of being a full time student at Kyung Hee she also had a part time job working as Dara's assistant. Since she was new and had no family in Seoul like other workers, she often had to work overtime. Yes, she had Dara and halmoni, but Dara was always tired after work and her halmoni always busy either cooking or cleaning. For Bom, this almost always meant lonely nights were spent reflecting on her changed life. How her parents' business went bankrupt; how she had to leave her friends in America; and for some reason the dizzy spell in the airplane, that always brought to mind...the handsome, mysterious man she had met. Bom recalled his strong features: his sharp jawline, expressive eyebrows, and deep, nearly black eyes that seemed to stare into her soul. What Bom would do if she ever saw him again--even she didn't know what she would do.

 

That smile...he has such a nice smile....Bom thought to herself as she slowly drifted off. 

 

Seunghyun...even if we only met for a split-second, I still can't seem to get you off of my mind.

 

"Please try and pay attention next time Miss Park Bom. You're missing valuable information by sleeping in class. It's not free education you know, so you wouldn't want to waste your parents money by sleeping in class now would you?"

 

"No Professor, mianhe...."

 

"I'll let it slide this time, but the next time Miss Park I won't be so lenient. Now class, let's continue. If you can all open up your books to page 15..." 

 

At the Park Residence

 

It was now nearly midnight and Bom had finally arrived home. Her job was extra tiring today, and all she wanted to do was get under her covers and sleep like there was no tomorrow. However here she was, lying in her bed, unable to go to sleep. 

 

Dara had been going crazy the past few weeks thanks to her job; so one day, Dara finally decided that it was time she had hired an assistant to work around the office. She needed someone to perform all the menial tasks, while she took care of her good-for-nothing boss and who better than her own cousin?

 

And that was that. Bom had gratefully accepted the job--with no complaints--since she needed a way to pay off her student loans and Dara had finally calmed down just enough in order to continue living sanely.

 

Bommie! Get to bed, you have work tomorrow. Unnie will get mad at you if you make her late again....

 

And with that Bom slowly drifted off to sleep. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys, that was officially the last exposition chapter! TopBom reunion coming tomorrow along with more TopBom, coupled with a side of TopBom! Please look foreward to it! And from now on ALL chapters will be LOOONGER! WE PROMISE! Good Night :)
 
-TheFishandCaptainCho©