Chapter 9: A Turn of Events

Touch Me...If Only for a Moment

Please Read! Minor Changes were Added! If not then just read the bottom author's note since AFF deleted my last one for some reason T_T! POLL BELOW!

Author's Note: Bom's thoughts. Dara's thoughts. Top's thoughts. Mystery Guy's thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

*click clack click clack* went the sound of Dara’s heels as she paced towards Choi Headquarters. Today was the day. He was set to return to work today after an indefinite hiatus courtesy of himself. This of course meant hell for Dara, since she was left with all the work while he went off living it up with a different girl in his bed every night. 

 

 

That good for nothing playboy! Aish! Sandara Park is this why you went to college all those years?! To work for a lazy guy like him?!...I really ought to get a raise for tolerating someone as erted as him! My mom didn’t work her off to pay for my tuition for nothing...!

 

 

Walking past security and into the elevator she slowly grew more tense. Her skin prickled at each thought of him. Today she was going to let him have it; after all he deserved it for leaving her with all the work and going off to god knows where for two weeks straight. 

 

 

“Floor 1, floor 2, floor 3...YAH! Why is this thing going so slowly?! My halmoni can run faster than this...” She spoke aloud to herself, while kicking the elevator door.

 

 

Okay calm yourself Dara, you wouldn’t want to get fired now would you?...Well actually...that wouldn’t be so--no no no no no! She shook her head. That would be bad. How would you support your halmoni then huh? Just deal with him a bit longer Dara and then you can finally get that promotion you’ve been after! 

 

 

*Ding*

 

 

Oh! I’m here!

 

 

She stepped out of the elevator and shuffled her way towards her desk. She radiated stress and pent-up frustration--her newfound everyday, habitual emotions--courtesy of a certain boss of hers. 

 

 

Sitting down at her workstation she hastily went over her jam-packed schedule for the day.

 

 

“Okay so I have to make sure he boards his flight, then onto finishing up the new design proposal, followed by some never-ending filing of documents and lastly making sure he gets home at the end of the day and not into another club.... Boy do you have your work cut out for you today Sandara!” she murmered to herself. 

 

 

He won’t be getting here ‘till nine and the meeting’s at ten; it’s eight right now so I have exactly one hour to clean up his mess-of-an-office and then another hour to prep him and give him a run-through on today’s meeting before it starts. You can do it Dara! Fighting! 

 

 

As she rose from her chair she made sure to straighten her knee-length tweed pencil skirt and adjust the bow on her silk blouse before heading to his office . As she retouched her flawless makeup a familiar voice called to her.

 

 

“Dara!”

 

 

Omo!-it’s President Choi! I wonder why he’s here so unexpectedly, he usually informs us of his visits beforehand. 

 

 

“Ah! Anneyeonghaseyo Mr. Choi.” She bowed. “What brings you here today? Is there something you needed?”

 

 

“Oh, aniyo! I just wanted to thank you personally!” He grinned his age-old smile.

 

 

“Thank me? I’m not sure if I get what you’re relating to...”

 

 

“Well your cousin of course!”

 

 

“Bommie--I mean Park Bom?”

 

 

“Deh. Thank you so much for bringing us such a bright, warm-hearted young lady! And don’t worry about her new job, we made sure this morning that Seunghyun agreed to properly watch over her in the next few weeks while she adjusts to her new work environment.”

 

 

Wait what?! Bom working for Seunghyun?? Since when did she start--ah! That explains why she left so early this morning and why she’s been acting so weird lately...could Seunghyun have anything to do with why she was crying yesterday by any chance? Hmmm...

 

 

“Ah-neh! No worries, we’re both just grateful that you took a risk on hiring her even if she had never worked in an office before.” 

 

 

“Aniyo aniyo. I really think Bom can change Seunghyun. She seems to have an influence on him that no one has had over him since his umma passed away years ago...”

 

 

Bom?...having influence over Seunghyun? Mr. Choi could just be exaggerating...he tends to do that a lot. But something is definitely going on between those two that Bom’s not telling me about.... This time I’m making sure I get it out of her! She determinedly thought.

 

 

“I’m so glad Bom can be of help to him.” She flashed a smile his way.

 

 

“Deh. Well anyways I have to get going now! Annyeong Dara thank you for working hard as always for the company!”

 

 

“Neh! Gamsahamnida!” 

 

 

President Choi was then soon out of sight and Dara left with new information to contemplate about.

 

 

Bom you have a lot of explaining to do when we get home! For now though I have to get started on cleaning up this mess...this is definitely going to be quite the day for the both of us Bom...

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Aish!!! Why isn’t he saying anything?? This is so nerve-wracking, I’m just standing here and all he’s doing is looking at me! 

 

 

Bom shifted around awkwardly in front of Seunghyun’s desk. He had been “evaluating” her as he put it to himself--though to her it felt more like a lion eyeing its prey. 

 

 

Say something Bom! Anything!

 

 

“So umm...do you have anything needing work around here?...”

 

 

“So now you ask? What took you so long? I was beginning to think you were just going to stand there and admire me all day.”

 

 

“Wait what? I wasn’t--”

 

 

“Oh but you were, and I don’t blame you. Every woman is the same and you’re no exception.” He responded.

 

 

Top slowly rose and began to walk towards Bom. She saw him approaching and almost immediately tensed up. His few steps seemed more. Soon he was right in front of her, so close that if she looked up their lips would surely meet.

 

 

“I’m only going to say this once so pay attention Bom...”

 

 

Bom? ...Did he just call me Bom? What happened to “Miss Park”?

 

 

“I want you to refrain from speaking or seeing me as much as possible. I prefer solitude over company any day. You’ll only be a further hindrance to me by attempting to converse with me like you did yesterday. So here’s my proposal: when I tell you to do something do it right and do it once. Don’t make me waste my breathe or time on you. Got it?” He cocked his head to his side as his arrogant tone resonated through his words.

 

 

Bom froze in place. She felt her knees weaken as the weight of his harsh words sunk in. Top smirked as he observed her blank expression.

 

 

Just what I thought. Her fiery hair is nothing more than hair dye and in no way a reflection of her personality. She’ll be submissive like all the others. She won’t last me more than a month...what did I see in her again?

 

 

Bom’s uneasiness began to dissipate and soon made way for her frustration.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

.

..

..

.

.

 

.

.

.

.

.

..

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

How dare he?! I’ve had enough of this! Who is he to call me a hindrance! Bommie what did you ever see in this arrogant guy again?! He’s nothing but a jerk!

 

 

“YAH!” Bom yelled as she stomped her heel to the ground.

 

 

“I’ve had enough of you demeaning me! You may be my new boss but that certainly gives you no right to treat me like dirt you pabo!” 

 

 

Rapidly she flung her head up coming face to face with the root of her outburst. Lips only inches apart, she felt his hot breath run down her neck sending electrifying chills through her body.

 

 

Top on the other hand was dumbstruck. Not once in his life had someone ever spoke back to him--much less call him a pabo!

 

 

Looking into her deep dark brown eyes he felt himself grow inferior in front of this now brazen woman. Suddenly his hand began to reach up towards her face but before he could touch her Bom quickly slapped his hand away.

 

 

“Don’t touch me! Don’t you dare even think of touching me! How could you turn out to be such a jerk? I have high hopes for this job and you know what I’m not going to let someone like you ruin it for me. So here’s my proposal, I do my job and you do yours. Got that?” Mimicking him, she tipped her head to the side like he had done so before.

 

 

Top again said nothing. He only continued to gaze down at the petite girl wondering what would escape next out of those plump lips of hers. He was fascinated.

 

 

“I’ll be outside at my desk if you need anything then Mr. Choi.” Bom her heels approaching the door.

 

 

Her adrenaline was at its all-time high, she could not believe what she had just told him! 

 

 

AISH! BOMMIE! What did you just do?! Now you’re really going to get fired! Bom thought to herself as she opened the glass door to Top’s office.

 

 

“Seunghyun.”

 

 

Bom hesistantly turned around. “What?”

 

 

“I thought I told you once to call me Seunghyun.”

 

 

“Ah. Deh. If you need anything from me I’ll be at my desk then...Seunghyun.” 

 

 

And with that Bom left, leaving a bewildered Top behind in her tracks.

 

 

Just what kind of woman is she? She’s nothing like Kang Hee that’s for sure...yet she’s not like any other woman I’ve met or been with either.... I think I might have to consult the master player about this one. 

 

 

Top glanced down at his platinum gold-plated watch checking for the time.

 

 

“It’s almost nine, he should be arriving at his office in about fifteen minutes. I might as well head over there now and call him on my way.”

 

 

Top opened the door to his office and strode towards the elevator but not before stealing one last glance before he left, at the goddess that was now working for him

 

BomHe thought to himself as he softly chuckled.

 

 

With the elevator now in motion Top scrolled through his contacts, stopping at a certain somebody’s number. He tapped the call button and lifted the phone up to his ear waiting for his friend to answer.

 

 

*Ring Ring Ring*

 

 

Aish, who is it now? Dara again?...ugh.

 

 

“Yeboseyo? Ah! Top-hyung! Ah neh. Mhmm, I’m here now I’ll meet you up there then. Later.” The blonde-haired mystery man hung up his phone as he stepped out of his car, straightening his tie before entering Choi Headquarters.

 

 

He sounded off. I’ll just have to see for myself what’s up then. The young blonde then entered the building.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Hey guys I don't know what happened but when I woke up the chapter was colorless and the responses to the comments were gone T^T! Even my rant about school and homework was gone! Apart from that let me just say "WOW!" I take it as you guys liked this chapter right? right? ;D lol I love seeing your guys' reaction to the chapter because it reminds the author that someone else does enjoy reading your story and that we are writing this for you! ^^  I'll just respond to the new comments then :)! And I'm going to put up a poll so be sure to check that out as well. I hope I do it right because I have no idea how to put one up xD! 

 

-TheFishandCaptainCho©

 

 

@Jennnifer: GO BOMMIE! ^^ Thanks for supporting!

 

@yongieaddict: We all <3 a fierce Bom! Hmm...idk is it ;D

 

@Yuraaa: I won't say anything! kekeke~ Thanks for reading and commenting! ^_^

 

@lovealice: oh she's real! And yeah take that you pabo! You'll just have to see who it is in the next update :D lol

 

@chromeheartss: Glad you liked it :P! Thanks for supporting! <3

 

@she_vipshells: I'm so torn as what to do DX! I making the poll after I read your comment!

 

As always thank you all so much, love you! <3