Chapter 7: What Have I Done?

Touch Me...If Only for a Moment

Author's note: Bom's thoughts are in this color and Dara's in this color. :)

 

Author POV

 

After reaching her floor, Bom rushed to the bathroom, her emotions in complete disorder.  She tried to act as stoical as possible while passing the other employees, but to no avail. Her face was like an open book--easy to read. 

 

Bommie calm yourself. Stop crying! What would happen if Dara saw you! Or worse President Choi?! Maybe he was just having a bad day...there’s no way the Seung Hyun I met could be such a jerk. Bom told herself. She wasn’t even convinced of what she was saying, but she just had to believe it.

 

Looking into the bathroom mirror, she found a distraught fiery-haired girl staring back at her.

 

Oh no...my make-up is a mess and I left my cosmetic bag on my desk. I can’t go back to work looking like this, people will know something happened. What should I do now?? Ottoke?! 

 

“Bom? Bom!” 

 

Bom turned around, knowing all-too well whose voice it was.

 

“There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you! Where have you been--Bommie what happened to you? Why is your mascara running down your cheeks?” cried a suddenly worried Dara to her cousin.

 

“Oh, um, nothing it’s just um...allergies! Yeah that’s it--allergies!” Bom half-heartedly smiled so as not to worry her dear relative.

 

“Oh. Ohkay then I’ll just go back to--wait a minute...YAH! What do you take me for an idiot?! Did you really think I would believe that?!” 

 

Sorry Dara...I’m just not feeling well today. It’s just an upset stomach, no need to worry.”

 

“Bommie what happened? Are you sure that’s all it is...you know you could tell me anything. I’m always here for you if you need anything.” 

 

Something is definitely up Bom never cries over something as trivial as an upset stomach...

 

“Unni nothing happened; I’m just not feeling well okay? Don’t worry about it.” 

 

“Alright then--if you say so Bommie. How’d it go with the coffee deliveries by the way?”

 

“Oh, that...it went fine. President Choi seemed to really like me!”

 

“That’s great! If he liked you then he’ll definitely let you stay with the company!” Dara said with a sigh of relief.

 

“And his son? How was he?”

 

“His son...um, he didn’t say much but he seemed nice as well....” A nervous Bom spoke.

 

“Nice? Hmm...that’s a first. Usually every secretary who ever meets him either falls head-over-heels for him or is scared of him...but never once have they called him nice.” 

 

“Oh really??" A now anxious Bom proclaimed while fidgeting with her fingers. "How strange! Well anyways President Choi wanted me to stop by his office, I’ll meet up with you later okay Dara? Anneyeong!”

 

Bom then hurriedly turned around and rushed to the door before Dara could say anything else. She knew that if she had stayed just a few moments more her cousin would have definitely figured everything out. 

 

I can’t let her find out what really happened...Dara would kill him. And as much as I’m hurt over what Seung Hyun said, I wouldn’t want anything bad happening to him...

 

“Bom wait--” The sound of the door closing immediately silenced the now-curious Sandara.

 

"Something isn’t right here, I just know it...why did she get so nervous at the mention of President Choi’s son? This isn’t the first time it’s happened either..." Dara curiuosly wondered. 

 

 

In front of Mr. Choi’s Office

 

It took a herculean effort for Bom to open the doors to Mr. Choi's office. She regretted having to face him, especially because of what had just ensued between her and his son.

 

Ugh--Bommie! What are you going to say to Mr. Choi?? I can't tell him that his son was completely rude to me, he’ll only get even more upset and worried over his son. Quick you have to think of something to say!

 

Bom’s brief internal battle swiftly came to a halt as she slowly pushed open the doors to the large, finely furnished office.

 

I can't let him know the truth...but I also can’t lie! I’m not sure if I can do that....

 

Bom was an honest person; she radiated sincerity and hardly told any lies--they were hurtful. She believed that deceitfulness was just a temporary scapegoat, and even if you didn't get caught lying you would still have to live with the thought of deceiving someone--which to her was the greatest punishment of all.

 

"Ahh!--hello again Ms. Park! So, how did the little meeting with my son go?"

 

At his question Bom immediately froze. Her mind went blank as her eyes widened; she had absolutely no idea as to what she should answer back.

 

Bommie just say something! Hurry! He might get suspicious!

 

"Uhhm.. w-well..."

 

"Come on Miss Park I haven’t got all day. Did he speak with you at all even??"

 

"Well...you see..."

 

"Oh who am I kidding..he obviously didn't respond to anything you might’ve asked or even told him! Don't feel bad though, he does that to everyone. He hardly ever addresses me...and I'm his appa for heaven's sake! Thank you for at least trying; I should have known better than to ask that of you. It was something I should've done myself, forgive me Miss Park. You may leave now..." he said to her as he faintly smiled.

 

Oh no...he's sad now. Bom just do it! What's the worst that can happen? 

 

"H-he talked to me!" Bom almost immediately blurted out.

 

Mr. Choi was stopped dead in his tracks.

 

"What...did you just say Miss Park?" For a second there he had almost believed what she had just said.

 

"He spoke to me."

 

"He did?"

 

"Yes." she nodded. "He was quite kind towards me even...!"

 

"He wasn't cold?"

 

She nodded no.

 

"Cynical?"

 

Again she nodded no.

 

"Detached?"

 

And for the third and final time, she again nodded no.

 

"He didn't give you his usual attitude?...how odd...." A now baffled Choi amused.

 

"The usual?...No. Why does he usually behave in those-" 

 

And before Bom could even finish she was cut off.

 

"Did he smile?"

 

What a weird question to ask...don't normal people usually smile? This guy must be an alien!

 

"Well actually he just sort of smirked at me...but I guess you can call that a smile!"

 

Liar! Liar! Liar! Bom's subconscious began to boom at her.

 

He'll never believe that! Bommie why couldn't you just tell him the truth--that his son did nothing of what you just said!

 

"Are you sure we're talking about my tall, deep voiced son Seunghyun and not Jiyong?"

 

Is Seunghyun usually mean to his father too? And who's Jiyong??

 

"Yes Mr. Choi! I'm sure it was him!" She plastered as sincere of a grin as she could, hoping he would buy it. And sure enough he did.

 

"Omo...my Seunghyun is finally beginning to turn around! Or at least starting to! You know what Park Bom? How would you like a promotion!"

 

"A promotion?!" 

 

Bom couldn't believe her ears! This is exactly what she needed. After all she had her college tuition to pay for, now that her parents couldn't afford to help her anymore with the payments.

 

"Y-es! Thank you so much Mr. Choi! Gamsahamnida!" Bom bowed deeply.

 

I wonder what I'll get promoted to. Would I still work with Dara?

 

"Perfect! My son has had countless assistants and secretaries and never once has he opened up to them like he's done with you! He hardly ever even acknowledged their prescence! You must be a good luck charm Miss Park!"

 

Wait wait--what?! I'd be working directly under him?? Under Seunghyun?!

 

"Wait sir I think you might be exaggerating by saying he opened up to me. What I meant was--"

 

"Nonsense! This will be great! It seems like he's comfortable enough around with you already, so the rest will just fall into place!"

 

See Bom! Now what have you gotten yourself into?...

 

"Omo omo! Now I'm excited. Miss Park I expect you here bright and early tomorrow so we can go over the description of your new position with Seunghyun!"

 

Bom simply stood there, her mind in pandemonium as she slightly chewed on her lower lip. This was bad. Really bad....

 

What have I just done...?

 

"Omo look at the time! I'm running late for my own company's meeting and I'm the President! I'll see you tomorrow morning Miss Park, good-bye! And remember don't be late!"

 

"Yes sir...." Bom's voice was barely audible now.

 

She couldn't comprehend what had just happened. It was all too much, too soon and she was left speechless as she observed the CEO leaving the room; leaving her with just her panicked thoughts.

 

Tomorrow morning...how am I supposed to avoid Dara's interrogations now? Aish!

 

Bom then swiftly left the room, uneasy and not sure of what the next morning had in store for her.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

HEY GUYS! WE'RE BACK! Sorry we haven't updated in about 3 days T^T. We have been extremely busy with homework, tests, and school in general DX. Plus we went to the 2NE1 concert this past Friday!!! It was AMAZING!! They spoke English like pros and their live singing was amazing! Bom's hair was GORGEOUS! She looked so adorable in her cheerleading outfit she had on at one point :P! They were all soo pretty and gorgeous! I still don't understand how people can call them ugly!?!??! -_- trolls...but anyways it was so much fun! Me and Alexi(the fish) bought lightsticks and went crazy just like real blackjacks should! BLACKJACKS REPRESENT! But anyways guys we are back to updating one chapter everyday! We hope you guys continue reading and commenting! :D Please look forward to and enjoy all future chapters! kekekekeke~ Oh one more thing me and the fish have started to learn the Miss A "Breathe" dance! It's soo much fun!!

 

OH MY GOD...ALICE (LOVEALICE) IS BACK! YESSSS!!! ^^ Everybody go and comment on her story so she updates!!! Hurry!! lol

-TheFishandCaptainCho©

 

@xxDorkie: hmmm...does he? ;) Yeah poor Bom she didn't deserve that! Thanks for reading and commenting!

 

@mel3ndez: Daww thank you ^_^! And thanks for commenting!

 

@JhinJhin17: Sorry for the delayed update but thanks for reading and commenting! :)

 

@lovemonster101: Thanks for the support ^^

 

@chasingbom: Get ready for the next chapter ;)

 

@topgbom: Hope you liked it! get ready for the next chapter kekekeke~

 

@yongieaddict: XD ROFL!!! 

 

@Marianations: He'll get better ^_^!!

 

@MarchGirl: lol xD yeah he was but that's just how some guys are lol Thanks for the comment!

 

@she_vipshells: XD HAHAHHAHAHAHA! 

 

@AyuBom21: Cuz he's a jerk xD!

 

@Yuraaa: He is isn't he?? :_(

 

@Jennnifer: Yup! That's Kang Hee for you lol ready to pounce at any second!

 

@lovealice: Thank you! ^^ Omg we missed you so glad you're back!