Chapter 1: A Year-Long Vacation

Touch Me...If Only for a Moment

 

Author P.O.V

~Flashback~

 

 

“Sweetie your appa and I have something to tell you.” her mother said as she looked down at her daughter with sorrowful eyes.

 

 

“Yes?” She replied nervously. She had noticed for the past few weeks that her parents had been walking on eggshells around her. Is something happening with the company?  She thought to herself. Her parents only ever got nervous when it came to their esteemed company. They had built it from the ground up, so she knew what it was like to struggle and persevere for something you wanted. She watched it with her own eyes and lived it.

 

 

“...your umma and I have some bad news...” her father managed to say.

 

 

Oh no...this can’t be good...

 

 

“We might go into bankruptcy...” in that spilt second the weight of their words had hit her like a rock. She wasn’t concerned with the money they would lose but for her parents. She knew how much they loved their company and how much they had sacrificed in order to create it. “... Park Enterprises might be liquidated and our home taken away as well.... Your father and I will try our best to sort this mess out...but we both agreed that for the time being and for your safety, it’s best if you went to live with your aunt and cousin...” uttered her mother but barely audible.

 

 

“...in Seoul.”

 

 

She stood there stunned in the middle of the living room not knowing what to say or even to think. She had known that something had been up recently but never once had she thought that she would be forced to leave her own home. Yes, she had been away before, but never because she had to. Never out of need.

 

 

Seoul?...As in South Korea’s Seoul...Kyung Hee....she thought.

 

 

She had applied to several prestigious universities in Seoul earlier that month and just this week her letter of acceptance to Kyung Hee had arrived. She along with her parents were so excited for her to be finishing up her masters in design in the one singular place she longed for the most. Seoul. A city bursting with life and inspiration, so naturally she found herself drawn to it ever since she had first visited the big city. It was the perfect place for her and her parents knew it.

 

 

Her parents had always supported her dream of opening up her own design firm so they of course knew she had applied to Kyung Hee and was accepted. 

 

 

Bom? You there?” asked her mom.

 

 

“Ah. Yeh...sorry something just passed by my mind that’s all.” she replied with hesitance. 

 

 

“Ah. Well, what do you think Bommie? I know that this isn’t the best question to ask, and especially in this situation, but it’s the best we can do for now. Besides you were supposed to be leaving for Seoul in August anyways for school. You’ll be going there a little sooner that’s all. Think of it almost as a vacation...a year-long vacation....” her mother replied with feigned light-heartedness. She was on the verge of tears. Umma....

 

 

Bom knew her umma well enough to know that she was trying to appear as unaffected by the idea as possible but decided to go along with it so as not to upset them further.

 

 

“We hope you can comply with our idea.” stated her father.

 

 

“Umma, Appa, I understand your reasoning behind the idea and as your daughter I would be more than happy to do anything in my power to help you...and if that means leaving the country for the time being, then so be it. But I promise that as soon as I’m able to come back home I will do everything I can to help you restore the company to its former glory.” beamed Bom at her parents.

 

 

The truth was that she was worried for them more than ever but she couldn’t bear with the thought of burdening her parents by making them worry for her; so she agreed with their plan. 

 

 

Umma...Appa...please be safe. Don’t lose hope.

 

 

~Flashback Over~

 

 

And before she knew it here she was at the San Francisco International Airport, ready for her flight. Little did she know though what fate had in mind for her.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Well there it is guys! The first official chapter of "Touch Me...If Only for a Moment"! We hope you like it and continue reading and commenting :) I wanted to clarify the whole Top and Kang Hee relationship. Don't worry this fanfic is pure TOPBOM, therefore Top will NEVER EVER end up with Kang Hee! I promise! lol Also wanted to clarify that Top did think that he at some point "loved" Kang Hee (who btw is around 38-40 and Top is 24 now) but not anymore and not ever again! XD Glad we got that out of the way hehehe~ I got up extra early to upload this chapter (it's 6:49 AM over here on a Saturday T^T lol) and I HATE WAKING UP EARLY LOLOLOL I'm a bear when I sleep :3 The Fish knows this! But for you guys I'll wake up early anytime! ;D Well thank you to everybody who subscribed :) love you guys <3 See you tomorrow for the next update!

 

-TheCaptain© ;)

 

P.S. I really love how Alice (lovealice) replies back to those who comment so we decided to do that too! c: also from now on everything will be in the author's pov unless we put "Bom's pov" or "Top's pov" etc. :)

 

 

@topgbom: thank you so much! we're glad you love this story ^-^ and we will be sure to satisfy your cravings ;D lol

 

@lovealice: XD update for update? I'M DYING to read your epic chapter for "Resisting My Husband"!!!

 

@she_vipshells: Don't worry! Bommie's strong! 

 

@ttotapbi2080: ooooo~ why the interest in the last name? ;) message me with your reply kekeke~

 

 

TheFishandCaptainCho©