∞ Chapter 10 ∞

Can You Hear My Heart

Nam Woohyun

 

I remove my shoes and run to the sea side. I stretch my arms and take a long breath, letting the fresh air to fill my lungs. I can feel the comfortable air in my lungs and the typical smell from the sea.

I realize I'm not alone here, I looked back and find SunAh is sitting on the sands, extending her two legs in front. Her eyes is closed. 

I feel relieved she didn't protest  when I told her where are we going. Three days ago I asked SunAh to accompany me to somewhere. I just want it to be a surprise.

.. And it does.

I could see a surprise looked when I told her that we're going to the beach that we had visit the last time. I told her that I just need some refreshing after INFINITE hectic schedules, and as a good friend, she agreed to accompany me.

Actually, it's not my true aim.

Slowly, I approached her just to checked if she fall asleep while sitting. I bend down and tilt my face to her face level so I could see her face. 

Right after I see her face, she opens her big eyes and blink it twice, then she clear . "W-What are you doing?"

Wait. Why she stammered? And that color in her cheek... isn't it pink ?

Before I could answer, she quickly fixed herself to stands up, but she just did it too quick, making her lost her balance. With one swift move, I reach one of my arm and linked it around her waist.

We are starring at each other for seconds, until some magnetic inside her pulls me closer. My eyes down from her eyes, to her not so pointed nose, and stuck at her lips.

She has a soft-looked-like lips, and not too small size with soft orange color. Maybe because of her lipgloss.

Once again, before I could do anything-that-I-still-don't-know-what, she straighten her body again, but this time she do it properly so she really stands up now. She blew out some air from and curved her hair behind her right ear before asking, "Actually, what are we doing here? I thought you need some refreshing?"

Ah, right. Refreshing.

I touch my jeans pocket, and found what I'm looking for. I pull SunAh's right hand and open it with my left hand while my right hand pull out the thing that I keep inside my jeans pocket, and I put it on her palm.

"A hair clip?" SunAh questioned me, and tilts her head. From her face, I know she has a lot of questions in her head now. "How can you get some refreshing with a hair clip?" She asked again with her eyes focus at the hair clip.

Instead, answering her with words, I take the hair clip and pinch it on her hair behind her right ear. I examines it and give myself a satisfied smile. It shines on her hair, it looks perfect.

SunAh raises her hand and touch the hair clip on her hair, "What is this for?"

"I know it's not a black hair clip, color that you like. But it still a color. I hope you can still accept another color. I just want you to know that there're many color out there other than black." I explain my aim to her.I hope she understand what I mean. 

SunAh looked down, squeeze both of her hands, and bites her lips; She got my point, or at least she is thinking about it. So, I decided to ensure her thought. "SunAh, can I ask for a chance?"