Making the Dream - Magic!

☁ Dream ☁ A Journey | MSTG Entertainment's Debut Group | Apply Closed |

 

Yt2zhSCmp9hEUWih_KZwGJUGukw4sPB3pFHGMhoY

Co-author note: If they ever have a performance practice chapter (like choreo for something) I'll do a performance chapter which is just the video and lyris with everyone's part. Sorry for late update OO: They'll come sooner I promise >.<

Italics - Flashback


The camera crew filmed the tail end of another practice  run of ‘Magic’ their debut song, they’d released a two teasers, each with three girls, the ‘Jae’ group was in one and in the other was the remaining girls. The crew zoomed in on Jaekyung who had her hair up in a ponytail it then switched to Taliana who wore a bun and baseball cap hiding her face.

“Alright ladies again, Sung Chan you’re two counts ahead slow down, Taliana and YuRi half step, remember that.Good job, Jae Ryu and Jaekyung.” Jae Ra said with a smile as she walked over to the stereo, the shuffling of feet could be heard as YuRi and Taliana went back over the last part of the dance, remembering where the half-steps were; a smile whine could be heard from Sung Chan as she took a deep breath to calm down and murmured to herself ‘slow down...slow down..’

“Okay, let’s go 5! 6! 7! 8! Go!” Jae Ra shouted over the music as it started she took her position on the left side of Sung Chan and so started the rehearsal. The girls moved in perfectly, every step, arm movement and hair flip was together. Of course they all knew they’d be giving a certain degree of fan service as well.

Their MV release had warranted many fans online and so now with a somewhat established fan base, time to roll out the fan service carpet, of course Sung Chan being the face would be dealing with fan service more, and so would Taliana and possibly Jae Ryu since they seemed to be favorites already, but they’d all give an equal amount of fan service.


 

Yoo Hyun walked down the hallway, but this hall was different he was on his way to the girls dressing room, they were at Music Core, it was their debut “Yoo Hyun-ssi, you seemes to be very excited.” said the PD who was with him and the camera crew “of course I’m excited my dongsaengs and noona are debuting on stage soon, and I’m so excited for the.” he said smiling at the camera a giving a small wave.

The group continued until they stopped at a door “포부 (Dream)” he walked in knowing full well that they were dressed and currently getting their makeup done. As they walked in a chorus of voices greeted them, “Yoo Hyun-ah!!” “Yah!! You should knock!” “Annyeong dongsaeng!” he smiled and swatted playfully at them as they greeted/scolded him for being...Yoo Hyun. “Oh hush, you were all decent.” he said going back to manager mode.

“Neh, so what do you want oppa?” asked the ever hyper Sung Chan, who’d just finished her makeup. “I was coming to say, good luck girls I know you’ll do well, smile and have fun.” he told them before a chorus of ‘Awws!’ were heard followed by some hugs and two playful slaps at his arm.

“Thanks oppa.” They chorused again smiling at Yoo Hyun who only smiled in return.


 

“Jae Ra!! I’m tired can we stop~” whined Sung Chan who’d taken to lying on the wooden floor of the practice room; Jae Ra turned from going over the footwork with Jaekyung “You should be helping me instead and of lying down.” Jae Ra huffed out at the younger girl causing Sung Chan to bolt up, “No.” she said simply laying down again or so she thought.

“Yah! You lazy bunny, get up!” shouted Jae Ra, causing an argument between the two of them, which was quite typical. While YuRi and Jae Ryu watched, Taliana turned into Umma and attempted to stop the ‘children’ from fighting “Girls, stop fighting....girls....” Taliana tried but it was all in vain...well almost.

“Stop it right now! Jae Ra, let Sung Chan and whoever else needs it to take a ten minute break, and you can work with me and whoever else on the dance steps.” said Jaekyung, the fighting immediately ceased causing both girls to look down. “So...can we get a snack too?” asked Jae Ryu, all the girls turned to her and laughed.

Everyone who wanted a break left the practice room, in search of water, food and in Sung Chan’s case a couch. While YuRi, Jaekyung, Taliana and Jae Ra stayed behind to practice the dance.

“Sung Chan...help me find Yoo Hyun, he said he was bringing lunch.” Jae Ryu poked the older girl who whined and flailed on the couch, which only made Jae Ryu resort to slapping and tugging the older girl. “Fine! I’ll help, sheesh.” she said standing up and grabbing Jae Ryu’s hand. Jae Ryu smiled happily to herself, and followed Sung Chan. “PABO!” Sung Chan shouted down the halls, causing some to peek out into the hall but quickly go back to their previous tasks. It would seem that luck was on the girls side though, as Yoo Hyun had just turned the corner and was coming down the hall from the opposite end.

“YAH! SHIN SUNG CHAN!! Stop calling me that!” he whined as he approached the duo. Sung Chan just smiled as Yoo Hyun got closer, while Jae Ryu stifled a laugh. “Oh hush oppa, come one you promised us lunch and hour ago.” Sung Chan stated as she turned to go back to the practice room, leaving Jae Ryu to drag Yoo Hyun along.


 

Back and forth, back and forth; YuRi and Jae Ra watched as Sung Chan paced backstage waiting for their debut which was mere minutes away. Though it was a normal habit, it was becoming slightly annoying to watch her pace about, but before anyone could make her top Yoo Hyun popped up.

“Nervous?” he asked them with a bright smile, they all looked at him and smiled though he could tell they were nervous, just a bit.

“Don’t be you guys will do great, just do what you’ve been doing for these past months. Show them who Dream is.” he told them with another smile, that seemed to work as they all visibly relaxed.

“I don’t know why we’re so nervous.” Jaekyung responded truthfully, this was the day that she and the others had dreamed about for so long and now they were all nervous, even the the usual hyper Sung Chan had been quiet while wait.

“And now coming to th stage for their debut performance...” they could hear the announcer began to announce them, but in those few seconds Jaekyung decided to speak up as the leader “Alright girls, we didn’t work our butts off for five years, training our voices, and sharpening our dance skills for nothing. We’ve earned this day, we deserve this, so don’t be nervous because there is nothing to be nervous about. This is our time.” she told them, they all nodded just as they were announced.

“...and here they are MSTG’s Dream!”

“Let’s show’em out Magic!” Sung Chan said before darting out on stage followed closely by her fellow bandmates who smiled at her return to normalcy.



“We’re back!” Sung chan announced as she, Jae Ryu and Yoo Hyun entered the practice room where the other girls were still going over the routine. Jae Ra and the others looked up to see them and smiled, Sung Chan and jae Ryu were helping Yoo Hyun carry, what appeared to be their lunch.

“And we have food!” Jae Ryu said smiling, the others laughed and went to aid their manager and group members.

And so the seven of them sat in a circle on the practice room floor laughing and chatting over lunch. “So are you girls excited?” Yoo Hyun asked taking another bite of his sandwich, as he looked at them all around the circle. They all nodded happily with excitement shining in their eyes.

“Truthfully, I think we were read two years ago.” Yuri said after taking a drink of her Vitaminwater, “I mean we’ve been training for five years, but on top of that we were already good at whatever our position is in the group.” she mused getting a murmur of agreement. “Well it’s not just our individual skills that we work one for five years, it was the dynamics of the group. I mean at first we were way awkward but not...it’s like we’ve always been together.” said Sung Chan who was trying to keep Jae Ryu from eating her chips.

The camera which had been filming them since before the break had become almost nonexistent until the PD spoke up, “You guys were awkward?” they all turned to look at the PD and nodded, “Awkward, I don’t think there is a word to describe them all when they met and started working together.” Yoo Hyun responded, chuckling at the memory of Dream in their ‘younger’ days.

~~~~~
The tall boy entered the room where he’d meet the group he’d manage from no util MSTG said they were no more or when and if any of them terminated their contracts. He took a deep breath before opening the door, “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Yoo Hyun...” his excitement vanished when he entered the room.

There was an eery silence over the group of six girls, six very different girls at that. He didn’t have to talk to them to know that each had a seriously unique personality that would normally clash with the others present in the room.

They turned to him until one of them finally spoke up, she was tall but very adorable and had playful air about her. “Are you lost dongseang?” she asked poking him in the forehead he frowned, “No, I’m supposed to be here and I’m not your dongsaeng. I’m older than you!” he said indignantly.

Truthfully, he was older all of them except for one, whoever Jae Ra was; he didn’t know their faces yet just names and a vague profile. He already knew who was talking to him though, Shin Sung Chan, the visual with whom he shared a surname. She was always friendly, among other things.

Slowly the girls began speaking each giving their name and position in the group. He suggested they bond, and so began the craziest bonding session he’d ever seen. They were loud, well Sung Chan, and Jae Ryu were and occasionally Jae Ra. Jaekyung and YuRi watched and Taliana attempted to calm things but it didn’t work, it was chaos.

“I’m supposed to manage them....”
~~~~~
“We weren’t that bad...” Jae Ra said laughing slightly knowing full well that in their first six months they weren’t nothing like a group, probably not even friends. All the other girls chuckled knowing it as well, they were a very different group of people in the beginning but time changed that.

“But that’s the past and things are different now, we’re not only better performers, we’re a stronger group, actually more like a little family.” Taliana said, smiling softly and she was right they’d all assumed a familial role outside of their persona. “If we’re a family Jae Ryu is the pet - Hey! Those are mine!!” Sung Chan couldn’t finished before Jae Ryu had grabbed her chips...again.

And lunch turned into another argument, full of laughter.