Chapter 8: Rival? What Rival? *A couple is born!*

Place Your Bets [COMPLETED]

 [Seulgi’s POV]

I plopped down my bed, that afternoon, so many questions swimming in my head. All related to the little charade that happened.

[Flashback]

“Oppa! I missed you so much!!!”

Yunho looked at her, his face full of surprise.

“Lina? What are you doing here?”

“To be with you, of course!” said this Lina girl, still clinging to him.

I think I flinched at her sentence.

I watched as Lina clung to Yunho and he just stood there, frozen.

“Why?” he asked quietly.
“You really do ask questions, even if you already know the answer!” Lina said, pinching his nose.

Yunho flicked her hand away and wiggled his arm off her grasp. “Go back where you cam from. We have nothing to do with each other.”

And with that, he just walked off, leaving Lina with a mixture of confusion and shock on her face.

[End of Flashback]

Who was this Lina? Who is she to Yunho? Was she his ex? Or maybe a current girlfriend? Why did he treat her so coldly? What kind oh history did they have? And why am I thinking so much about this? Why am I thinking about Jung Yunho so much?

I hugged Yungi tightly and curled my body on the bed. Soon afterwards, I was greeted by sleep, relieving all thoughts of Jung Yunho from my mind.

[End of POV]

“Seulgi? Seulgi?? Wake up…” Seulgi heard a voice and felt hands shaking her.

“Mmmm…” she mumbled, drifting away again.

“Yah! BAE SEULGI! WAKE UP AND GET YOU OFF THAT BED!!!” she heard the voice scream, then felt a terribly cold mass of water splash onto her.

She immediately sat up on the bed, shivering.
“See? That’s what you get fro not listening to Kwon Boa,” her best friend said, clutching the empty bucket in her arms.

“Why did you wake me up, anyway?!?!” Seulgi yelled.
“Dinner’s ready,” Boa simply replied. “Cafeteria. Now”

Yes, they eat at the cafeteria, when they don’t go out to restaurants on the weekends. They usually stay at school, on Saturday s and Sundays, just for the heck of it. But they occasionally visit home, tough.

Seulgi sighed. “We’re not eating out tonight?”
Boa shook her head. “Nope.”
“Why?”
“Because… the food is special tonight.”
Seulgi raised her eyebrows. “What exactly do you mean by special?”
Boa grinned. “Anyone up for Italian?”

Seulgi instantly perked up. Ever since Boa took her to an Italian restaurant when they were in middle school, she had been craving for more.

“Then what are we still doing here?!?!?” Seulgi excitedly shouted.
Boa looked at her. She was still shivering from the cold water, but she had a smile on her face, nonetheless.

Seulgi looked at herself and found her teeth chattering, due to the cold.

“Oh, right! Just help me get up, before I get frostbite!”

Seulgi smacked her lips and dug into her pasta. It tasted so good.

“I love rich schools,” she mumbled in between chews.
Boa laughed. “Yeah. I bet you do.”

Hyojoo walked in the cafeteria and joined them at their table.

“Wow, she looks like she’s in heaven,” she said, pointing at Seulgi.
“Tell me about it,” agreed Boa.

Seulgi’s troubles faded away as she took each spoonful of pasta.

But they came right back when she heard a vaguely familiar voice.

“Oppa!! I got you your favorite pasta!”

Yunho looked at Lina, then the pasta, and back again. “Damn, she knows I can’t resist pasta.”
He took the plate away from her and stalked off without a word.

“Oppa~” Lina whined, clinging to him again.

Seulgi couldn’t contain herself anymore. Swallowing her mouthful of pasta, she turned to her friends and asked. “Who is that girl?”

“Oh, her? That’s Lina. Ex- queenka and the school’s signature ,” informed Hyojoo.
“Ex- queenka?”
“Yeap. In this school, you don’t become queenka unless you date a kingka.” This time, it was Boa who answered.
“So there I’m guessing that there are a lot of ex- queenkas in this school, huh?” said Seulgi, thinking of Jaejoong’s playboy ways.”

Boa knew what she was thinking and shook her head. “Wrong guess. You only become one when you’ve dated a kingka for at least a month.”

“So Lina is Yunho’s ex?” concluded Seulgi.
“Uh huh,” Hyojoo confirmed.

Seulgi looked down at her food and bit her lip. She just had to ask more.

“So, for how long did they go out?” she asked.
“About six months, I think,” Hyojoo replied.
“Why did they break up then?”
“No one knows, except for Yunho, Lina, Donghae and Jaejoong. Why are you so interested?”

Seulgi went back to her pasta. “No reason whatsoever.”

Her two friends raised their eyebrows.

It’s been a week since Lina arrived and along with her big, fat wallet, she managed to convince the principal to make her schedule exactly the same as Yunho’s, which meant that her schedule was also exactly the same as Seulgi’s.

“Oppa, why are you always hanging out with that girl?” Lina asked Yunho one day. She was referring to Seulgi.
“Because she isn’t a , like you,” he replied.
“Oppa, I’m sorry, okay?? I didn’t mean to hurt you!”
“You mean you had no intention of hurting me when you were dating all those guys, at the same time as you were dating me?”
“Oppa…” Lina said in tears. “I said I was sorry, didn’t I?”
“Whatever. Say away from me, b*tch.”

As Yunho walked away Lina silently cursed and talked to herself. “Damn it. He’s not as easy to get as before.”

[Yunho’s POV]

As I walked away from Lina, anger filled me up. I just wanted to scream my lungs out, to let it all out. She just makes me so mad.

[Flashback]

“Lina! Where are you?” I cheerfully called out, clutching the bracelet that my grandmother gave me. She told me to give it to the girl I loved, and that was the day when I was sure of who I wanted to give it to.

“I’ll be out in a minute, oppa!” she replied, as she was in the shower.
“Well, hurry up! I have a surprise for you!” I called back.

I sat down on her bed and waited.

After a while, her phone rang. She received a text from someone. Wondering who it could be from, I read it.

It was from a guy. It read:

“HEY BABY. CAN’T WAIT TO GET SOME TONIGHT. I’LL SE YA LATER AFTER YOUR ‘DATE’ WITH THAT FAKE BOYFRIEND OF YOURS. LOVE YOU” ~

The words I read pierced my heart like a thousand swords. The pain was so unbearable. I clutched the bracelet tightly.

“Okay, oppa, I’m ready. Let’s go!” said Lina, in her cheerful voice. She saw the look on my face and touched her shoulder. “Oppa? What’s wrong?”

“Don’t you ‘oppa’ me,” I said through gritted teeth. I handed her the phone and she read the text message.

“Oppa, don’t get the wrong idea,” she began.

“WHAT WRONG IDEA IS THERE TO GET?!?!” I exploded. “EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU IS WRONG RIGHT NOW!”

“But, oppa, I love you,” she said, her eyes b in tears.

“Don’t give me any of that sh*t, you b*tch. We’re done,” I said harshly. But she deserved it, after all she’s done.

As soon as I closed the door to my room, I chucked the bracelet to a place where it would be lost forever.

[End of Flashback]

My heart broke into a million pieces that day. And it never healed.

[End of POV]

Boa walked into chem. class and sat down with a sigh. She was really sleepy.

Then she heard the voice of some girls, talking behind her.

“Hey, did you hear that Mrs. Lee is on vacation? We’re gonna have a new sub today!”
“Really? Is it a male or a female?”
“A female! And I heard from my friend that she’s HOT!”
“Ew! She’s like, an older woman!”
“Not that old! She’s fresh out of college and is still in her early twenties!”
“Oh man, I can’t wait for this, then!”

Suddenly, a beautiful woman entered the room. She had a really good figure and her face had flawless features. She had smooth skin and she could stop traffic any time.

The class was awed. Especially the boys,

Jaejoong let out a low whistle. “She’s hot,” he stated.

Unexpectedly, blood boiled inside Boa. She didn’t like the sound of it coming from Jaejoong’s mouth.

“Hello, class. I will be your new substitute teacher, while Mrs. Lee is on her vacation. I hope we can all be great friends and would like to get to know all of you individually and have a good relationship with you all.”

All the boys on the class nodded their heads vigorously, as if they had whiplash.

The teacher smiled. “Well, let me start by introducing myself. My name is…” she took a piece of chalk and scribbled her name on the board, “Song…Hye…Kyo,” she said as she wrote her name.

This seemed to interest the boys a lot. And to Boa’s dismay, this seemed to interest Kin Jaejoong the most.

The class continued, and not surprisingly, all the boys paid attention and for once, were not afraid to ask questions.

“Hey, did you see that new chem. sub?” Seulgi asked that night. She and Boa were alone in the room, while Hyojoo was at the lounge, hanging out with Donghae.

“Ugh. Don’t you even mention her!” said Boa.
“Why not?” asked Seulgi.
“Because, all she does is talk in front of the class, and attract all the guys!”
Seulgi looked at her with and amused look. “Is this about Jaejoong?”
Boa scoffed. “Ch. Why would it be about that selfish loser? I don’t care about him!”

Seulgi looked at her meaningfully. “So, you do like Jaejoong,” concluded.
“Argh! I just said I didn’t, didn’t I?” said Boa exasperatedly.
“Boa, we both know that if you deny having a crush on someone, you have a huge crush on someone.”

Boa grunted stubbornly. “Well, this is certainly different.”

Seulgi didn’t listen to her lie. “So you have a rival, huh?”
Boa looked at her. “Rival? What rival?”
“A love rival!”

Boa gave Seulgi an ‘are- you- crazy?’ stare. But she retaliated soon after.

“Hoho! Look who’s talking! You have Lina on your hands, too!”
“Bwoh? Who said she was my rival at anything?!”
“Oh, just admit it Bae Seulgi, I’ve seen the way you fume when you see Lina chasing Yunho!”

Seulgi huffed. “Okay, fine. I believe you when you say that you don’t like Jaejoong. But you have to believe me when I say that I don’t like Yunho!”
Boa narrowed her eyes. “Fine.”

“She so likes him,” Seulgi thought to herself.
“She’s head over heels,” Boa thought herself.

Then they both sighed.

“Hyojoo is so lucky to have a guy.”
“Tell me about it.”

Donghae and Hyojoo were walking around the huge school compound that night. They were talking about their friends.

“So that’s what happened,” Hyojoo finished as she confessed Plan YunGi to Donghae. He doubled over in laughter.

“You guys are geniuses!” he exclaimed.
Hyojoo shrugged and gave him a smug smile. “Well, I can’t say no to that”.

They laughed for a while and steered back to the topic.

“They really like each other, huh?”

Hyojoo nodded. “Too bad they don’t notice it. And now that Lina’s in the picture, I have a feeling it’s gonna get more complicated.”
“I agree,” said Donghae. Then he changed the subject. “I have also noticed that another two of our friends have been eyeing each other.”
Hyojoo’s eyes lit up. “Well, Boa and Jaejoong’s love charade is different.”

“Yeah, but things are gonna be harder for them, with the way Jaejoong looks at that new sub teacher.”
Hyojoo sighed. “Neh. If only he gets rid of his playboy ways.”
“But I’ve seen the way he looks at Boa. There’s still a chance.”
“Yeah! You’re right! We shouldn’t lose hope for our friends!”

After that, there was a short silence.

“So…” Donghae said, twiddling with his fingers. “We’ve talked about YunGi… and we’ve talked about BoJoong. You think it’s time to talk about us now?”

Hyojoo was surprised by his straightforward manner. “Well…” she began, pushing her hair behind her ear. “What is there to talk about us?”

“Y’know… us.”
“Which means…?”

Donghae sighed. He was sweating nervously as he talked. “Us,” was all he could say.

Hyojoo tilted her head. “Donghae, I really don’t understand what you’re saying.”

Donghae took a deep breath and sighed. “Man, asking you to be my girlfriend sure is harder than I thought it would be.”

Hyojoo was surprised. Donghae looked at the look on her face, and his eyes widened.

“Oh! I didn’t mean to ask you like that! It just slipped out! Damn, I even practiced in front of the mirror!”

Hyojoo smiled at him. Then, she stood on tiptoes and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Was that a yes?” Donghae asked, touching his cheek.

Hyojoo shrugged. “I don’t know~” she sang.

Donghae’s face fell. “Then, it’s a no.”

Hyojoo giggled and shook her head.

“I have to go now. I’ll see you tomorrow… Oppa.”

Donghae’s eyes grew wide as he heard the word ‘oppa’.

“So you’re my girlfriend now?!?!” Donghae called after Hyojoo, as she walked away.

Hyojoo blew him a kiss, winked, and disappeared.

Donghae just stood there, motionless.

And then it struck him.

HAN HYO JOO WAS OFFICIALLY HIS GIRLFRIEND.

<3--------------------------------

was it okay?? i didnt really put much effort into this chapter, to be honest...sorry!!!