Chapter 3: A Memorable Day, and a Bear Named Yungi

Place Your Bets [COMPLETED]

*note: hey guys!!! i just wanted to say that it might take me a while to update future chapters..but don't worry!!! i'll definitely finish this fic!!! oh, and sorry if this chapter's not that good! but hey, that's what the comments are for, right? just tell me if i need to improve!oh, and srory in advanced, for any typos!

well, here's chapter 3::

Yunho waited for Seulgi again after biology the next day.

“Sorry again, we have to cancel,” she said.
“Yah, pabo, where have you been going to these days?” he asked.
“What do you care?”
“I don’t.”
“Then, get off my case!”
“Fine!”
“Fine!”
“FINE!”

“Aish, he is so weird,” Seulgi said to herself as she walked away.

Little did she know, that Yunho was silently following her.

It was hard, trying to be silent, as he pursued her.

Yunho followed Seulgi as she walked out of the school gates, doing his best to keep out from sight.
She just kept on walking and walking until she reached the busy streets of the city.
Yunho thought she was never going to stop, until she halted in front of the door of a small building. It looked like a day-care center.

“What would she be possibly doing in a day-care center?” he asked himself.

Yunho looked through the window and saw a stampede of kids running over to Seulgi. There was something about her that Yunho couldn’t stop staring at.

He didn’t notice that he was already against the window glass, until Seulgi raised her head up and saw him.

Seulgi stomped out of the doors as soon as she saw Yunho’s face through the window.

“Yah! What are you doing here?!?!”
Yunho had to think fast. “Uh… I was…uh…”
Seulgi waited for his excuse.
“Yah, pabo, I was wondering where you’ve been going to these days, because you’ve been cancelling on me for the past two weeks!”
“So?” Seulgi said.
“Grades are important you know! How am I gonna boost up my grades when you keep on cancelling our project meetings?”
“Yah, don’t give me that crap about getting good grades and everything, ‘cause I know that you don’t really care!”
“Well the, maybe I -“

“Noona, are you gonna read to us noooww??” said a little kid. He was pulling on Seulgi’s skirt.
Seulgi’s eyes grew wide. “Oh, I’m so sorry, Moonbin!”
Moonbin pouted. But then he looked at Yunho, and his face suddenly expressed an understanding expression.

“Oh… it’s okay, noona, I didn’t know you were talking to your boyfriend,” he giggled.

Seulgi couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She covered Moonbin’s mouth. “Yah, Moonbin!! Don’t say bad words! They might come true!”

Moonbin just smiled, pulled Seulgi by her wrist, and walked back inside. He turned to Yunho and said “Oh, and Hyung, you can come in, too.”

Yunho mischievously smiled and followed them into the room.

All the kids cheered as they saw Seulgi enter the room.
She pushed Yunho onto a nearby chair. “Yah, stay there, and don’t do anything stupid,” she said fiercely.

Yunho noticed that Seulgi’s eyes suddenly turned soft when she saw all the little kids gathered around her.

“Once upon a time…” Seulgi started reading.

Yunho was entranced by her. She had a sudden softness when she read to the children. It was totally different to the tough and fierce Seulgi that he fought with everyday. He couldn’t help but feel that softness too, when he was watching her. He tried to look away, but just couldn’t.

“Damn, why is my heart beating like crazy?” he wondered.

After story- telling, they had an art activity.

Yunho was just standing in a corner when felt something tug at his shirt. He looked to see a little girl.

“Oppa… I need help,” she said to him.
“Uuuhh… I’m sorry, I’m not very good at art.
The little girl pouted. “Puuhhllleeaase, oppa?” she begged with puppy dog eyes.
“Aww…so cute,” he thought. “Fine, I’ll see what I can do,” he said after a while.

As Seulgi walked around, helping the kids, she noticed that Yunho wasn’t in his seat anymore.

“Aish, where could that idiot be?” she thought clenching her fist.

“Like this?” Seulgi heard a familiar voice say.
“No! Draw it just like a puppy!” she heard a little girl reply.

Seulgi turned around and saw Yunho helping Yeeun, one of her favorite kids.
Seulgi smiled. She could tell Yunho was having a really hard time in drawing a puppy, just like Yeeun asked him to. But he looked like he was having fun. She hated to admit it, but he actually looked cute.

“I guess he can’t be all that bad,” she thought to herself. “But he can still be a jerk. So why is my heart beating so fast?”

The next day, Seulgi walked to Yunho after biology.

“Let’s go,” she said.
Yunho looked at her. “Bwoh? What do you mean?”
“Haven’t you forgotten abut our project?”
“I thought you were going to the day- care center.”
“Yesterday was my last day there, you idiot. Now let’s go,” she said, leading the way to the chem lab.
Yunho smiled. Things were finally getting back to normal.

The pair was at the lab again, a few weeks later, doing their usual stuff. Yunho was sitting beside Seulgi, who wasn’t paying attention to anything, but the project she was doing. This had become a routine for Yunho, not to mention, a really boring one.

And this day, he couldn’t take it anymore.

“Let’s do something else!!!” he announced, banging on the table.
Seulgi jumped, startled.

“C’mon,” he said, as he grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her out the door, despite her protests.

“Yah, Jung Yunho, where’re you taking me?!?!?!”
“Just shut up and follow me,” he replied.
“But my wrist hurts!!” she whined.

Yunho ignored her and just kept on pulling her to the bus stop.

“I am so gonna have you arrested for kidnapping!!” Seulgi threatened once they got on the bus.
Yunnho smirked. “Juat wait and see, pabo. Just wait and see.”

“Woah,” Seulgi’s eyes were huge as she saw where Yunho had taken her.

“Bae Seulgi, welcome to the carnival,” he said smugly.
Seulgi smiled like a kid.

Seulgi wasted no time.

“I’m not gonna stop until I try every ride in this carnival!”

She ran immediately to the rollercoaster, where she puked after riding it for about three times in a row. Then, she dragged Yunho to the horror house, insisting that she wasn’t the least bit scared. In the end, Yunho had to carry a pale white Seulgi out of there, as she was shaken with fright.

“Yah, pabo, wait up,” puffed Yunho as he tried to catch up with her. She was running too fast.

“Hurry up then!” I wanna try out that wet ride!”
“You do know why it’s called a wet ride, right?”
“Of course I do! But you don’t get totally drenched, it’s probably just a few drops and that’s it!”
“Yah, pabo, have you been to a carnival before?” Yunho asked.
“No,” Seulgi replied innocently.

Yunho sighed. “Fine, let’s go.

“Now I see what you mean,” Seulgi said as they got out of the wet ride. Her shirt was soaked with water.

Yunho laughed. “Let’s just go buy some new shirts.”

At the souvenir store, the only shirts with their sizes available on them were the couple shirts.

They looked like identical shirts, except for the fact that one shirt said “I CAME WITH MY GIRLFRIEND TO THE CARNIVAL” and the other said “I CAME WITH MY BOYFRIEND TO THE CARNIVAL.”

So, in the end, Yunho and Seulgi had no choice but to wear the shirts.

People stared at them as they walked around with the couple shirts. Seulgi could clearly hear their voices whispering and talking about them.

“Oh my gosh, that guy is too hot for her!”
“Awww! They look cute!”
“She’s hot. Not for him though.”

Seulgi ignored their comments and just kept on walking with Yunho.

“Hey there! I see a young couple wearing matching shirts!”
Yunho and Seulgi turned around to see a man walking towards them.

“Omo! No ahjussi, you must ne mistaken. We’re not together,” Seulgi explaianed, waving her hands.

The man laughed. “Kids. They never tell the truth these days.”

He looked at the pair and examined them for a while. “Why don’t you take these? My treat,” he said and handed him two tickets

They were for the Love Tunnel.

“No way am I going in there!” Seulgi shrieked, as soon as she read the words on the tickets.

“Yah, pabo, aren’t you over reacting just a little bit?” said Yunho. He didn’t really care, whether he went in there or not. It wasn’t like he would feel any funny feelings once he entered the tunnel, right? Right. But why did he want to go in with her so badly?

Seulgi looked at him in bewilderment. “Why? Would you go in, if they gave you a free ticket?”

Yunho shrugged, trying not to show her that he wanted to go in. “Why not? It’s only a love tunnel.”
Seulgi looked at him up and down and covered her chest with her hands. “You’re not thinking of anything cheeky, right?”

“You know what I think, pabo? You’re just scared of going into a harmless little love tunnel.”
“Bwoh? I’m no scaredy cat!”
“Well, I think you are!”
“Fine then, I’ll go! I’ll show you what a scaredy cat is!”

Yunho smirked. His plan worked.

The boat they were riding in moved down a water trail as soon as they got on. Soon after, they were ushered into a huge tunnel, which was obviously the tunnel of love.

The atmosphere was quiet as the boat continued to flow on the trail. But it was more of a comfortable silence.

Yunho turned his head to the side to look at Seulgi, who was sitting right beside him. “Is she blushing?” he asked himself. He suddenly felt his own face get hot, too. A while later, a funny, bubbling sensation erupted in his stomach.

He ignored it and concentrated on the surroundings.

The inside of the tunnel was beautiful. Seulgi could tell that it was really made for couples. It was made to set off the romantic mood. “So pretty,” she thought as she looked around. “Too bad I’m sharing this moment with a jerk sitting right next to me.”

But as soon as she turned sideways to look at him, her heart somehow softened.

After leaving the Love Tunnel, they had a bite to eat and walked around for a while, to look at the stalls.

“It’s getting late,” Seulgi stated as she looked at the darkening sky. She suddenly saw a stall, where a huge, incredibly cute and cuddly “Me To You” bear was sitting on a rack. She walked towards it, Yunho following her.

“You want it, little missy?” the man who was incharge of the stall asked her.
Seulgi nodded, still looking at the bear.
The man handed a paintball gun and pointed to a stack of tin cans. “If you manage to knock all of them down, you can have it.”

Seulgi did her best to knock the cans down, but in the end, she didn’t even manage to move even a single one.

Yunho, who saw the disappointed and dejected look on her face, took the gun from her and started shooting.

Seulgi saw how concentrated he was when he was shooting the cans. In the end, Yunho managed to knock all of them down and win the bear.

Seulgi was jealous, because she wanted it so badly.

“Here,” said Yunho as he handed her the bear.
Seulgi looked at him, puzzled.
“Pabo, you didn’t think that I was gonna get the bear for myself, right?”

Seulgi gave him a big ‘thank you’ smile and hugged the bear tightly.

“I think I’ll name him Yungi.”
Yunho gave her a puzzled look. “Why?”
“I don’t know. It just feels right.”

Then, they set off to leave the carnival.

“I’m sorry, the last bus left five minutes ago,” said the bus operator.

“WHAT?!?!?” yelled Seulgi.
The operator gave them an apologetic smile and told them there was nothing she could do about it.

Seulgi and Yunho slowly walked away from the bus stop.

“Now, what are we gonna do?! The school is so far away!”
Yunho shrugged. “I guess we’ll just have to walk.”

Seulgi gaped at him. With open.

“What? You wanna wait ‘till morning?”

Seulgi groaned. “Let’s go.” She led the way.

After a long while of walking later, they decided to stop and sit on a nearby bench.

Seulgi moaned with pleasure as she felt the sensation of resting her legs.

A few minutes later, Yunho stood up again, getting ready to walk, much to Seulgi’s dismay. She groaned.

“C’mon, we better get going,” he said as he tried to pull her up. But she just fell on the ground.

“What’s wrong with you now???” asked Yunho.
“My feet hurt like crazy!” whined Seulgi.
“So? I’m pretty sure that school’s not that far!”
“Aigooo, they hurt! I cant go on!”

“Aish… desperate times call for desperate measures,” said Yunho under his breath.

And with that, he turned his back to Seulgi, got closer to her, warpped her arms around his neck, and picked her up in a piggy- back ride.

“I’ll just have to carry you then,” he said.

Seulgi was left speechless. She felt her face get hot and she was thankful that it was dark, and that Yunho couldn't see her face, because she knew that she as blushing like crazy.

The journey back to the school was silent. Throughout the whole trip, Seulgi was on Yunho’s back and he didn’t say a word.
Seulgi’s heart softened again, just like it did when Yunho was helping out at the day- care center.

This was definitely a side of Yunho that she had never seen before. Honestly, she thought that Yunho would’ve just left her on the ground, but he did the exact opposite.

“I guess I misjudged him. Maybe he can be nice after all,” she thought.

After what seemed like forever, they finally stopped in front of Seulgi’s dorm room.

“Kamsahamnida,” she bowed to Yunho after he set her down.

Yunho didn’t say anything. He thought about how he carried her all the way back to the dorms. It was like he didn’t wanna let her go.

It was a while before he realized that his face was nearing Seulgi’s. It took him a longer time to realize that he had a sudden urge to kiss her.

Seulgi’s cheeks turned scarlet when she saw Yunho’s getting nearer to hers. She tightly shut her eyes.

“I can’t kiss her right now,” Yunho thought as he stopped and saw Seulgi’s eyes shut. She looked scared, or freaked out. His face was now only an inch away from hers. He had to think fast. He quickly put on the mischievous smirk that always annoyed her.

“Yah,” he said.

Seulgi opened her eyes to see her face an inch away from Yunho’s.

“Lose some weight, piggy. You were really heavy.”

Seulgi’s mood changed immediately. Her face turned red, not in embarrassment, but in anger. All the good thoughts she had of Yuhno disappeared in an instant.

“YAH!” she yelled as she slapped him on the arm.

Yunho laughed as he walked away. “G’night…Pabo.”

Seulgi stormed furiously into her room, and was greeted by Boa and Hyojoo. They saw the shirt she was wearing and saw Yungi, who was in her arms.

“WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN, BAE SEULGI??!?!!?” they said in unison.

But Seulgi was too mad at Yunho to answer them.

“Everytime, I think he can actually be a decent human being, he snaps back into a pig- headed jerk!!!” she exploded.

Boa and Hyojoo looked at each other with puzzled looks.

Yunho was smiling like an idiot as he walked into his room.

“Yah, Yunho. Where have you been?” asked Jaejoong.
“Yeah, we were worried, man,” added Donghae.

Yunho chuckled. “Night Joongie. Night Dongie.”

Jaejoong and Donghae looked at each other, confused.

<3-------------------------------- 

 

*by the way, guys!! no silent readers, please!!! i wanna know what you guys think!!!