Chapter 21: Jealousy... It Burns

Place Your Bets [COMPLETED]

 Hey people!!! I noticed that some of my readers (both from the net and some of my fiends who read my fic ) want BoJoong and HyoHae moments back in the story... But please be reminded that this is a mostly YunGi fic, and that the rest of the story will be mostly YunGi, but I will try my very best to put BoJoong and HyoHay moments in the story!!!

I'm really sorry guys!!! And I hope you'll continue to support me in writing this fic!

Well anyways, here's the next chapter:

JaeBeom was thinking about ways to win Seulgi’s heart and was suddenly alerted when a piece of paper hit his head and fell on the floor.

He bent down to pick it up and saw that his name was scribbled on it.

He looked around to see where it came from, but found no evidence.

Shrugging, he opened the note.

“I can help you with your girl trouble. Meet me outside the cafeteria at lunch time.”

JaeBeom looked around curiously again. He re-read the note over and over again, deliberating on what to do.

He decided to just meet this person whoever he/she is because she really might be a big help with his Seulgi situation.

The bell rang, signaling lunch and JaeBeom hurriedly stalked to the cafeteria.

He went outside a back door to see another note, lying in the ground, in the middle of the floor.

He walked over and picked it up, once he saw his name.

“I’ve been watching you and I know that you have laid your eyes on that Seulgi girl. I can’t tell you who I am right now… or at least, not yet. But just leave it to me, and you’ll get her soon. And if you want to reply, just leave a note under the lunch trays. I’ll take it from there.”

JaeBeom looked around, looking for the person, incase they were somewhere in the area. He looked at the note again wand walked away, deliberating once more.

From behind a pillar, a pair of eyes watched him walk back into the cafeteria.

Perfect,” the owner of those eyes hissed.

The next day, JaeBeom was walking to homeroom, thinking about what his mystery helper had said.

“How can I trust someone who I don’t even know? I better not do it, it’s too dangerous,” he thought.

Just then, he heard a familiar laughing voice from behind, and he turned back to see Seulgi, walking with Yunho.

She gave him a smile and Yunho gave him a stiff nod, before they headed inside the classroom.

“But then again, this person may be useful after all.”

At lunch, JaeBeom, looked around to see if anyone was watching him, and when he saw that the coast was clear, he slid a note under the pile of lunch trays, that were always placed in front of the lunch line.

The note said:

“Okay, I trust you. Just assure me that no one gets hurt.”

All throughout lunch, he watched the trays carefully, but found no one looking beneath them, not even once.

By the end of lunch period, he walked toward the lunch line again, and saw that all of the trays were gone.

But his note was nowhere to be found.

After the final bell rang that day. He left class and walked towards his dorm room.

He found another note stuck on his door.

“Leave it to me. And don’t worry. My methods are very reliable.”

And with that, he went inside his dorm room, thoughts swimming in his head.

Seulgi carefully placed some liquid into the test tube she was holding, as part of her practical exercise in their chemistry lesson that day. They were at the lab.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the lesson and everyone packed their things to leave.

“Seulgi, can you clean up the lab today?” Mrs. Lee asked. “I have a lesson to get to.”

Seulgi smiled and nodded.

She moved around the lab, putting the apparatuses back to their shelves and throwing away the trash some students left behind.

“Aish, who knew rich people could be so messy?” she thought. “She looked at the time. She was supposed to meet Yunho in five minutes.

Seulgi suddenly felt giddy, thinking about her meeting with Yunho.

“I think I know who I’m gonna choose,” she said to herself.

Now, all she had to worry about was how to break the news to JaeBeom.

She suddenly smelled something burning from behind and turned around to see that one of her classmates had left a Bunsen burner open, with some sheets of paper next to it.

Seulgi looked around the room for the fire extinguisher, but it wasn’t hanging on the wall, where it was supposed to be.

The fire was getting bigger.

“Oh my God, I gotta tell someone,” she thought, rushing to the door.

She tried to open the door knob, but it wouldn’t budge.

She was locked in.

“TOWAJUSEYO[help]!!!” she screamed, banging on the door. She was coughing, due to the fumes. “It’s me!!! Bae Seulgi!!! Towajuseyo!!!”

She called for a few more times, but no one heard her.

She ran around the room, trying to find ways to escape. A piece of wood fell from the ceiling, slashing her school uniform, and giving her a deep cut on the arm.

The windows were locked, so she couldn’t jump out either. Plus, the fumes were choking her more by the second.

And when she couldn’t take it anymore, she collapsed

“Yunho…” she mumbled.

JaeBeom walked down the halls, reading the latest note he got from his mysterious helper.

“Go to the chem lab. Bballi!”

As he was nearing the chem. lab, he smelled smoke. Soon after, he heard some muffled cries for help.

“TOWAJUSEYO!!! It’s me!!! Bae Seulgi!!! Towajuseyo!!!””

His eyes widened.

He quickened his pace and bolted the door to the lab open.

He saw an unconscious Seulgi, lying on the floor, on the other side of the room.

“Seulgi!!!” he screamed.

He made his way to her, dodging the flaming part of the ceiling, as they fell one by one.

Seulgi was still slightly conscious, and she felt grateful when arms wrapped around her, and carried her.

But they weren’t the arms that she was hoping to feel. And the voice she was hoping to hear wasn’t there. It was someone else’s.

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine,” JaeBeom said to her, while carrying her.

The next thing that escaped from her lips made JaeBeom’s heart ache.

“Yunho…”


Yunho waited by the entrance for Seulgi, wondering why she was taking so long.

Just then, he saw Jaejoong, Boa, Donghae, and Hyojoo running towards him.

Their faces became panic-stricken, when they saw he was alone.

“Where’s Seulgi?” they asked anxiously.

Yunho raised an eyebrow. “I dunno. I’m still waiting for her.”

The other four’s worried expressions became ones of horror.

“Someone smelled smoke coming form the chem lab!” Boa said in panic.

Yunho thought for a while.

Chemistry was Seulgi’s last subject for today.

And she wasn’t there with him right now.

She couldn’t possibly be late. She was never late.

“SEULGI!” Yunho yelled, running at full speed towards the chem lab.

When he reached the lab, a horde of students crowded the entrance to the lab. Yunho pushed his way through.

Just as he was about to go in the door, it opened and out came JaeBeom, carrying and unconscious Seulgi, her uniform ripped, and her body, all covered with soot.

JaeBeom stopped in front of him to give him a cold stare. “So, this is what you call fighting for her?”

He walked away before Yunho could utter a word.

Seulgi woke up in a hospital bed, surrounded by bouquets of flowers on her bedside table, and found Boa and Hyojoo by her bedside, too.

“What happened?” she asked them.
“Well, when you were out, the nurses checked you up at the school clinic, and sent you here. They said that so much carbon monoxide, or whatever that is, entered you lungs, but you were lucky that they managed to get it out of your lungs. Apparently, it’s a pretty poisonous gas,” said Boa. “Plus, they said that gash on your arm might get an infection.”

Hyojoo leaned forward, taking Seulgi’s hand. “How are you feeling?” she asked.
Seulgi grinned. “Honestly? Like my head’s about to explode.”

The three of them laughed for a while and they talked about random things.

There was a sudden knock on the door, and Yunho came in with a bunch of roses.

“I think we’ll leave you two alone,” Hyojoo said, pulling Boa’s arm.

“What? But I like it here!” Boa whined.

Hyojoo gave her an obvious look and widened her eyes.

Boa looked at her, puzzled, and then she looked at Yunho and Seulgi.

“Ohhh,” she said, finally realizing that she had to give them some privacy. “Yeah, we’ll go now.”

They left the room without another word.

Yunho chuckled quietly and took a chair, sitting on it beside Seulgi’s bed.

“Are you okay?” he asked.
Seulgi laughed. “Let’s see…I almost got burned and suffocated to death, and now, I’m sitting on a hospital bed with a splitting headache. Oh yeah, I’m great!” she said, her voice thick with sarcasm.

Yunho pouted cutely. “This is what I get for giving you roses,” he said,

Seulgi laughed. “Mianhae. Thanks I love them,” she said, taking the bouquet.

They talked for a while, until Seulgi’s voice started to crack.

“I think you need something to drink,” Yunho said, looking around for some kind of glass of water. When he found nothing, he stood up to leave.

“Wait right here. I’ll get you a bottle of water,’ he said.

He gave Seulgi a wave as he left the room.

A while later, JaeBeom came in.

“Hey,” he said.
“Hi,” she greeted him back.

“Ummm… sorry I didn’t bring you anything, I was kinda busy,” he said.

Seulgi laughed. “You didn’t have to get me anything. You saved me, and that was enough. Thanks.”

JaeBeom smiled. “You’re welcome,” he said, taking the seat next to the bed.

Everything was silent for a while until JaeBeom spoke up.

“It’s Yunho, isn’t it?” he said.
Seulgi sighed sadly. “I’m afraid so.”

JaeBeom laughed lightly. Well, at least he tried to.

“JaeBeom, you don’t know how much I want to choose you…” she began.
“No, it’s okay, I understand,” he said, trying to keep a smile on his face.

Seulgi shook her head. “No. I want it to be you, JaeBeom…”
He saw her sad expression as she said it.

“You’re a good guy. You were there for me when I was on my heartbroken phase when I came to America. You’re sweet, you’re handsome, you’re almost perfect.”

JaeBeom just watched her as she said those words.

“But… I can’t bring myself to love you as much as I love Yunho,” she finished.

JaeBeom nodded his head in understanding. “It’s really okay. Maybe it really wasn’t meant to be. Plus, someone’s gotta be out there for me,” he said.

Seulgi smiled.
“But right now, Yunho is the luckiest person on earth,’ he said.
Seulgi tilted her head. “Wae?”

JaeBeom smiled warmly. “Because… he’s got you.”

Yunho tossed Seulgi’s water bottle in his hands back and forth from his right hand, to his left, and he made his way towards her room.

He saw that the door was open and he heard voices. He listened for a while.

“No. I want it to be you, JaeBeom…” he heard Seulgi say.

Yunho’s eyes widened. Had Seulgi made her decision? Did she choose JaeBeom?

“You’re a good guy. You were there for me when I was on my heartbroken phase when I came to America. You’re sweet, you’re handsome, you’re almost perfect.”

Those words made Yunho’s chest feel heavy.

He couldn’t listen anymore, because he couldn’t take it, so he ran out of the hospital, tears threatening to flow down his cheeks.

He ran all the way to Seaview Hotel, where he rushed to the elevator, to the floor where his parents’ room was at. He knocked on the door when he reached it.

“Yunho! What brings you here?” Mrs. Jung said, surprised to see her son.

“Umma…” Yunho began. “I’ve made my decision.”

Seulgi was discharged from the hospital a few days later and was back at school.

The rest of her stay at the hospital was weird. Yunho never came to visit her after that first time in the hospital. He never even called her.

She entered her homeroom classroom and took her seat behind Yunho.

“Hey,” she said.
He just turned around to give her a nod and faced the front again.

“Weird much,” Seulgi thought.

This little charade happened for the rest of the day, and Seulgi decided to talk to him about it.

“Hey, Yunho, I-“

“Oppa!!!” a girl called running towards Yunho. She wrapped her arm around his and they both looked at Seulgi.

Yunho looked at the girl, then back at Seulgi. “HyeBin, this is Seulgi,” he began. “Seulgi, this is HyeBin…my fiancé.”

Seulgi eyes widened, once she heard the word ‘fiancé’.

“What were you about to say?” Yunho asked her, pulling her away from her thoughts.

Seulgi shook her head and did her best to make her voice steady. “Never mind. It doesn’t matter now.”

Then , she turned away and walked as fast as she could away from them.


JaeBeom walked in the dorms and stopped in front of his room. A note from his mystery helper was attached to his door again.

“I don’t need help from you anymore,” JaeBeom said, as he opened the note.

It said:

“You’re Welcome.”

JaeBeom looked at the note, puzzled.

You’re welcome?

What’s that supposed to mean?

A shaking Seulgi suddenly came into view, and slowly walked towards him.

She gave him a shaky smile.

“Do I still have a chance?” she asked.

JaeBeom, looked at her, bewildered.

Then, suddenly, it hit him.

She changed her mind.

JaeBeom smiled widely. “Of course you do.”

Then he kissed her and pulled her into a tight hug.

<3--------------------------------