The Food Monster

THAT GIRL IS MINE

 

Chapter 6
The Food monster

 

It was lunchtime and the six friends were sitting under the shades of the tree just a few feet away from the basketball court. Everyone was having lunch, of course including Changmin who doesn’t seem to care about the world and just continues eating. Chanmin however, tolerates him so much was handing him food. Changmin happily receives. JaeHa and Yoochun were busy in their own world. Feeding each other food became their habit every lunch time. That leaves Heechul and Junsu. Junsu however, sometimes fells uneasy over Heechul, because of his blabbering mouth that Heechul keeps on talking and talking even nonsense things, Junsu’s ear drums might burst any time. Junsu sighed.

JaeHa heard him, so she turned her attention to him. She frowned.

“What’s wrong, Su-ah??” JaeHa looked worriedly at Junsu. Among the Kim family, Junsu is the most fragile. He can break down easily. Junsu seemed to not hear her since he was staring at nothingness. JaeHa shook his shoulder then he slowly turned his head in her direction.

“Huh?” Junsu asked clueless.

“Something bothering you?” JaeHa asked. Junsu shook his head indicating that nothing is wrong. But JaeHa was not convinced. Anyway, JaeHa already know what caused Junsu’s sad face. Being the youngest of the Kim family, Junsu needed more attention than any other Kim children. He doesn’t want to be left behind and most of all, he doesn’t want to be ignored. It would tear him to pieces to see people avoiding him. And he would automatically think that something is wrong with him, even though there isn’t.

JaeHa tapped his shoulder, assuring him that everything is fine. She gave him a comforting smile, which he returned, half heartedly. Yoochun then tapped JaeHa’s shoulder asking for her attention. As JaeHa turned she stopped her head from turning as she saw Yoochun holding a kimchi In front of her. She smiled then ate it. Yoochun felt satisfied then smiled as well. Junsu smiled at the couple. He turned towards Heechul.

“Hyung,” Heechul stared at Junsu who was giving him a puppy eyes.

“Nae?”

“Hyung! Talk to me…” Junsu pout. Heechul look at him, curious as to what might Junsu want.

“I was talking to you a while ago and you weren’t listening.” Heechul said timidly annoyed. Sure he was talking, but he knew Junsu wasn’t listening. It seems like he’s not interested on the topic. Heechul just shrugged it off. Anyway, he loves talking. What can he do? “What do you want to talk about?”

“Anything!” Junsu said with his cute dolphin squeal, eyes widen as he was getting Heechul’s full attention all to himself. Heechul sighed and started talking to Junsu. 

Meanwhile, at Chanmin’s side.

“Changmin-ahh…” Chanmin was shaking Changmin’s shoulder. Changmin just can’t stop eating, can he? “Changmin-ahh.”

Finally, Changmin swept his eyes away from HIS food and looked at Chanmin with questioning eyes. “Nae?”

“Uhmmm… Can’t you… Can’t you stop eating Changmin-ahh?” Chanmin gave him her cutest pout. Changmin was about start eating again, but then he could not resist that cute pout of hers, so he put his food down then focused his attention on her. Chanmin felt nervous when Changmin did stop eating. She raised her eyebrows.

“Wow!” Chanmin said, amused. “I should have done that long time ago.”

“What now?” Changmin asked. He looked at her, waiting.

“Could you stop eating for just one second?” Chanmin finally said out loudly, making Yoochun and JaeHa stop feeding each other, foods halfway in the air. Junsu jumped up from his slumber and Heechul just calmly turned. “You keep on eating like you don’t care about anyone around you? And where do you even stuff all those foods you’ve been eating since this morning? You’ve had breakfast, even had your second breakfast. Sneaking food in the middle of class. And you can’t even stop eating until now! I’ve been giving you all of my attention since the beginning and you never seem to realize it!”

Chanmin suddenly stood up then ran towards the school building. Changmin was left with his mouth hanging open. JaeHa had her eyes wide open, shock at her friend’s sudden outburst. Yoochun dropped the sandwich he was holding and Heechul?? He was just calm and quiet as a bee.

Changmin hunged his head low. He did get what Chanmin said at her last sentence. ‘Pabo!’ I was stupid! So stupid. He buried his face on the palm of his hands and sighed deeply. He snapped his head upwards as he felt Heechul shaking him. He looked at Heechul.

“You never realized, did you?” Heechul asked, his face painted of disappointment. Changmin then stood up, looked at each of his friends, JaeHa mouthed the word ‘fighting’. Changmin then left in the direction where Chanmin went. Yoochun, Junsu, Heechul and JaeHa sighed.

“Hope he’s going to work it out with her.” Junsu said softly.

“He’s so dense.” Heechul added.

“Actually, he’s not.” Yoochun finally spoke. All heads turned to him. “He likes Chanmin all along. He’s just afraid he might reject her. He didn’t know she likes him too.”

They all sighed again.
~~~~~~~~~