Chapter Five - Presidency

Live and Let Live

 

"Honestly, who does he think he is?!" Jin Ae stabbed her chicken leg , causing Eun Hee to flinch.

"I know the chicken’s dead and all but I still feel bad for it.” She said while shifting over to the side as if to emphasize her point. Jin Ae sighed and stuck a piece of meat into .

“Sorry, I just had a bad morning.” Jin Ae grumbled and sighed, slouching in her seat.

“Jin Ae?” She turned and saw a very good looking boy looking down at her. Her frown instantly turned into a smile as she got up.

“Chanhee-oppa!” She gave him a small hug which he returned with a small laugh.

“What’s with the ‘oppa’? Chanhee’s just fine. And hey Eun Hee!" Eun Hee beamed up at him and gave a small wave, a piece of lettuce hanging from .

"What's up?"

"Elections for class president are coming up so I'm wondering if you're interested in running. To be honest, a lot of people have been nominating you." Jin Ae's eyes widened in surprise and she glanced down at Eun Hee who gave her an "I-told-you-so" look.

"I'm not sure if I'd do a good job, I mean I was late on the first day..." Chanhee chuckled.

"I guess, but the rest of the student body doesn't seem to mind. And I'm sure you'd do a great job!" She blushed at his compliment and gave him a small push.

"Aw, well there's no guarantee that I'll even win the race, if anything, the person I'll be running against might be some political prodigy." This led to more laughter from Chanhee who crossed his arms and looked at Jin Ae.

"I'm glad you think that I'm a political prodigy." Jin Ae raised her eyebrows.

"Wha - you mean, you're the other candidate?" He nodded, a bright smile still plastered on his face.

"Oh come on Jin Ae, it’ll be fun running against each other, and definitely no hard feelings. Either way, we’ll both still end up on the counsel, just that one is vice-president. Please?” Jin Ae couldn’t help but to smirk a bit as Chanhee’s eyes rounded and he gave a small pout.

“Really Chanhee, the puppy dog eyes? Why do you want me to run so badly?” Chanhee put a hand on her shoulder.

“Because I know how to beat you.” His eyes twinkled and Jin Ae recognized the joke behind his words and punched him lightly.

“Yah! Fine, I’ll run, but if I kick your you owe me free ice cream for a week.” He took his hand off her shoulder and then stuck it out in front of her.

“Deal.” Jin Ae took his hand and they shook. Someone then called Chanhee from the other end of the room and he quickly bid the two girls goodbye before going off on his own. Jin Ae sat back down and immediately started to discuss "political" tactics with Eun Hee, momentarily forgetting about the disturbance that morning.